Anyone lost brakes besides me.

3 hours ago, AK High Country said:

Whelp, the truck relapsed last night.  I have been using the app to remote start the truck since I got it back over a week ago and no issues.  Last night used the app and when we got in the truck I noticed the CEL was luminated prior to pushing the start button.  Once the truck was turned on, all the warning messages began popping up.  Restarted twice and the brakes reset and was able to drive home.   Will be contacting the dealer on Monday.  

Same exact thing happened to me with the same behavior.  I was all good for about 10 days using the app etc. and then it went to CEL.  

I was waiting for them to have another Silverado in stock for me to use as a loaner so going to pick up tomorrow.  I wasn’t about to take another Trax or Equinox. 

My brakes were effected. All the same codes. The latest version of code... onstar says is there is an issue with my ABS brake system. CEL. The new symptom is while park assist is turned on. All the sensors light up like a christmas tree.

81670174_2694443687268668_5275485300062158848_n.jpg

1 hour ago, rich1464 said:

My brakes were effected. All the same codes. The latest version of code... onstar says is there is an issue with my ABS brake system. CEL. The new symptom is while park assist is turned on. All the sensors light up like a christmas tree.

81670174_2694443687268668_5275485300062158848_n.jpg

Thats new.

Keep up the fight.  This is what Jeep owners have done regarding shitty welding at the factory

https://fox13now.com/2020/01/12/government-investigating-jeep-wrangler-frames-after-owners-complain-of-poor-quality-welding-holes-and-rust/

Edited by Colossus

Question for those of you who are on your second or more return to dealer to fix...  I know in some cases, the dealer is just keeping your truck while they wait for a fix.  Others are claiming they have it fixed and giving it back for the same issues to pop up.

What is your plan for the long term?  I ask because im taking mine in tomorrow for the 2nd time.  I know that they are going to clear the CEL and say they did this that or the other to fix it, claim its good to go, and its not going to work.  Do I just keep playing the back and forth game with the dealership and hope for the best?

6 hours ago, JAshworth03 said:

Question for those of you who are on your second or more return to dealer to fix...  I know in some cases, the dealer is just keeping your truck while they wait for a fix.  Others are claiming they have it fixed and giving it back for the same issues to pop up.

What is your plan for the long term?  I ask because im taking mine in tomorrow for the 2nd time.  I know that they are going to clear the CEL and say they did this that or the other to fix it, claim its good to go, and its not going to work.  Do I just keep playing the back and forth game with the dealership and hope for the best?

There are trucks that have not experienced any type of brake loss indication [ie brake loss, idiot lites] before or after the recalls and using the Remote App Start. [Mine is one of them so far]

There are trucks that experienced brake loss indication before any recalls and had the master cylinder, brake booster and brake control module replaced. Most of those vehicles were fix while a few were not.

There are trucks that went in for the recalls and experienced brake loss indication with the use of the Remote Start App. Some had parts replaced while others were left at the dealer and others were told not to use the App.

The vehicle is kept by the dealer and they give you a 2019/2020 truck as a loaner...........

Lots of variations exist for sure. The loss of brakes is enormous and the predictability of the loss makes a reason for standing down from the vehicle while GM comes up with a solution. GM should be reaching out to those affected with some type of compensation. I believe this issue is bigger than we realize and GM is aware of it. Just luck has prevented an accident or has it?

Edited by Rocz3cqg

I'm picking mine back up from the dealer today, I had just brought it back to the dealer this morning for the second time since the recalls. From the post above I'm in the third camp, both times my lights have shown up it was after starting the truck from the app. After restarting the truck 3 times all the lights go away (including the CEL).

Mine seems to act normal after the restarts and I have not tried to drive it with the engine lights on.

Also this morning the a audible message came on in the truck from On-star stating something along the lines of not all onstar features available. Are they finally realizing that the remote start app has a problem?

14 minutes ago, Shawn O'Leary said:

Would anyone be interested in talking to a class action attorney? If we've got about 100 (eyeballing that excel sheet) owners impacted here alone there has to be thousands nationwide. 

I would this is BS. I can’t tow my tractor or anything because of being worried about this crap. 

count me in on the class action law suit. I should say if you're one of us having the brake failures, DON'T USE THE GM APP TO START YOUR TRUCK.

use the key FOB or just go start it yourself. I was told by my dealership that the app is messing things up.

I got my truck back Thursday afternoon. Friday morning - a new problem arose. “Learning remote - please wait”.  After I had started it at the dealer (with remote) and driven home - and started it (without remote) on way to get gas. Started it once more after getting gas on way to work. Ready to leave work - won’t start with button on dash. Will with remote - but truck won’t recognize remote to let truck “energize” or whatever. 

Sent text to service advisor and salesman to get a wrecker, bring me a loaner and come get this POS.  They did. Friday afternoon I traded that lemon back to them. 

Guess I should change my screen name to 2020ArkansasSierra now. 

Same thing happened to me after the recall was done,and I started the truck with the app.

there is a bulletin issued on January 6th and GM confirmed to my dealer that it is in fact a bug with the app that the brake issue is cause by starting the truck with the app.

On my service ticket it says not to use the app.

Hope this help.

IMG_1171.JPG