Anyone lost brakes besides me.

4 hours ago, Booger T said:

Dealer never did figure it out, changed both back rotors, calipers and brake pads right at the start, seemed to get better then came back worse than ever, even started doing it to a lesser degree when first taking off in forward. Definitely  worse when cold. Was at 21,000 mi when I traded and it was still making the noise.

Interesting... I had mine start doing this at about 4100 miles... First was told they couldn't duplicate (how the hell that is even possible i don't know) I took multiple videos of the sound. I thought it sounded like a train horn! They replaced both back rotors and the noise did go away. I prefer the noise over complete loss of brakes though!! brake loss happened about 2500 miles later.

Edited by slednchick
added info

7 hours ago, Shawn O'Leary said:

Got in the truck to come home from work and CEL on start up. Took it to the dealer and took home a loaner. Got a call that it has to do with the brake update again. This is beyond absurd. 

20200113_152954.jpg

Upsetting... I'm sure you didn't use the app to start ? guess I'll leave my truck sit waiting for parts

21 hours ago, Jack Christensen said:

Not sure how to merge other feeds of the same topic, but I thought I would at least put the link to another feed I am following on here about this same issue.

What can we do from a legal perspective?  Can we demand GM/Chevy purchase these vehicles back from us so we can start over with a new truck?

9/10 of the people on here would have a no questions ask win in a lemon law case. Multiple repair attempts, 30 plus days without your truck. In many states even if they don't have a fix available for an issue, that would constitute a win as well. 

Call a lemon law attorney in your state and within a 10 minute opine call they call tell you on the spot if you should go for it or not. 

14 minutes ago, ct_corey said:

9/10 of the people on here would have a no questions ask win in a lemon law case. Multiple repair attempts, 30 plus days without your truck. In many states even if they don't have a fix available for an issue, that would constitute a win as well. 

Call a lemon law attorney in your state and within a 10 minute opine call they call tell you on the spot if you should go for it or not. 

Spot on. Start by researching your states lemon law.

Just got a call from GM corporate. They went over the service history and will present a case for a buyback to the district manager. The offered a trade/swap for another Sierra but given all the issues here I have zero confidence I won't just get swapped into another truck with the same problems. On top of that, I also had the oil cooler line failure and engine replacement a few months back. There's no way I want any part of this truck post-warranty. 

I posted yesterday of my brake failure. Got it into the dealer service shop and as of last night they text me to tell me it was due to low voltage of my battery. Are you kidding me? Unless I don't understand, I'm to lose my brakes if my batter voltage goes low again? How is that acceptable. However, I truly believe it's a way for them to try and brush me off as one of their mechanics yesterday told me blank that there was no known fix to the brake system. I've reached out to my local BBB, called my local news station that does special reporting and I'll be getting on air in the next few days. There has to be some sort of legal recourse. This isn't as though my air condition may or may not work the next time I get into my truck. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, David Dust said:

I also had a total brake system failure this morning while driving in rush-hour traffic. Not sue how I didn't run into anyone or made it safely, but someone was watching out. 

If you don’t mind me asking (and definitely not to downplay the situation):

- year/make/model 

- did this happen out of no-where?

- did u have the brake recall done?

- did u happen to use GM App to start your truck.

thanks and thank god your alright. Can’t believe there aren’t injuries and/or deaths associated with T1’s brake failure 

1 hour ago, Shawn O'Leary said:

Just got a call from GM corporate. They went over the service history and will present a case for a buyback to the district manager. The offered a trade/swap for another Sierra but given all the issues here I have zero confidence I won't just get swapped into another truck with the same problems. On top of that, I also had the oil cooler line failure and engine replacement a few months back. There's no way I want any part of this truck post-warranty. 

They immediately offered you a swap to a new vehicle? 

40 minutes ago, slednchick said:

They immediately offered you a swap to a new vehicle? 

Said it would be cleaner/easier. It was their "executive level assistance" department, that they took over my claim from their customer service team. 

On 1/13/2020 at 10:28 AM, rmkmb said:

Same thing happened to me after the recall was done,and I started the truck with the app.

there is a bulletin issued on January 6th and GM confirmed to my dealer that it is in fact a bug with the app that the brake issue is cause by starting the truck with the app.

On my service ticket it says not to use the app.

Hope this help.

IMG_1171.JPG

I am glad I found this thread and see that others are having the same issue. I was just told the same thing on Friday when I had my 2019 Silverado in for the 2nd time. 

I have read through several pages and just want to be clear on something. For those who have been affected since the recall when using the app, has it happened since you stopped using it?

Edited by scottdg

2 hours ago, mistaare said:

If you don’t mind me asking (and definitely not to downplay the situation):

- year/make/model 

- did this happen out of no-where?

- did u have the brake recall done?

- did u happen to use GM App to start your truck.

thanks and thank god your alright. Can’t believe there aren’t injuries and/or deaths associated with T1’s brake failure 

Sure. Mine is a 2019 1500 5.3 Trailboss. Had engine light come on day prior and an on-star email stating an issue only with my ABS. The following day (yesterday) on way to drop off truck at dealer due to the engine light, the brakes failed during my drive. Scary as hell in rush-hour traffic. I had them do a software update the previous week for the specific recall. However, the I am the one who found the recall...no notification from GM or my dealer. They never told me at the time the severity of the issue or the lack of a true fix. I do use the app to remote start my truck. However, both the dealer and GM stated they are telling folks to not use that as a way to eliminate the possibility it is causing issues with the computer system on-board. They do not know for sure that has any part of it.  

My dealer has agreed to keep my truck and permanently provide me a loner (colorado not a silverado) until either GM solves my formal complaint or a permanent fix is made. 

And thanks! I'm glad I or anyone else wasn't involved in a wreck yesterday. I'm so surprised as well I'm not seeing that be the case for others. Can't imagine it hasn't happened. 

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, scottdg said:

I am glad I found this thread and see that others are having the same issue. I was just told the same thing on Friday when I had my 2019 Silverado in for the 2nd time. 

I have read through several pages and just want to be clear on something. For those who have been affected since the recall when using the app, has it happened since you stopped using it?

Can't say I know either way if caused using the app or not. I can say the initial issue the day before it did the total failure (where only my engine light came on and notification of just the ABS) was not due to the app being used as I used my key-fob to start the truck while out at a lake. 

Blows my mind that a sign of low voltage battery would be brakes going out. Terrible flaw in fail safe design. 

Yes my 2019 GMC Sierra slt hit brake pedal that was hard as a rock and would not stop had to hit the emergency brake button to stop from running into a semi limped it to dealer they came up with bs of a low voltage issue! Multiple codes esc braking system trailer braking system no trailer was attached thank god only had 842 miles at the time.

On 1/13/2020 at 10:28 AM, rmkmb said:

Same thing happened to me after the recall was done,and I started the truck with the app.

there is a bulletin issued on January 6th and GM confirmed to my dealer that it is in fact a bug with the app that the brake issue is cause by starting the truck with the app.

On my service ticket it says not to use the app.

Hope this help.

IMG_1171.JPG

I for one really appreciate you posting this.   It seems to be very difficult to get anything from GM directs. This admits they are aware and basically have no clue.  Throwing darts at a board with peoples lives in the line.  

“Looking into it” and “preliminary info.... could be contributing” does not instill confidence.