Anyone lost brakes besides me.

I stopped by the dealer today to get something out of my truck, and figured I would ask for an update.  They said GM has acknowledged the issue but there is no fix yet.  Apparently there is a software fix ready for the 2020 models but not yet for the 2019 models, so I'm keeping the loaner for the time being.  The servicer person threw out some numbers but I'm fairly certain it was just from left field, and said it could be a week or two.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was much longer than that, but obviously I have no idea either.  Glad that this specific issue is recognized though and that a fix is being worked on.  Sad that so many people are dealing with it.  

3 hours ago, Jeff and his Silverado said:

To AK High Country. Ok, I was rattled, it was a scare. But you are correct and I concede. I would like to continue on the site. Stick to issues. I have a 2013 Chevy volt- perfect since the day I got. And ok the Ridgeline wasn’t a real truck. I hope this makes things a little better. 

I didn't see anything wrong with your post. Is total bullshit with what these trucks cost. When they give you a run around it is just totally poor service and as you said bullshit. When you have to restart your truck 5 or 6 times to get the brakes to work if that is not bullshit I don't know what is. Mine has 3600 miles and that is nonsense.

Edited by tsbond
  • Like 1

This just happened to me tonight after work. Same exact thing on my 2019 LT All Star edition!  I have 539 miles on this vehicle and I had the brake recall done last week. Tonight I could barely stop the truck!  It’s going to the dealer Thursday morning. I’m pissed like all you guys, it’s just wrong!

12 hours ago, adaminnesota said:

I stopped by the dealer today to get something out of my truck, and figured I would ask for an update.  They said GM has acknowledged the issue but there is no fix yet.  Apparently there is a software fix ready for the 2020 models but not yet for the 2019 models, so I'm keeping the loaner for the time being.  The servicer person threw out some numbers but I'm fairly certain it was just from left field, and said it could be a week or two.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was much longer than that, but obviously I have no idea either.  Glad that this specific issue is recognized though and that a fix is being worked on.  Sad that so many people are dealing with it.  

This is not good news, when I picked mine up on Monday the service department informed me that GM techs instructed that the issue was due to battery drain during the software load recharging the battery would correct the problem.  I was and still am skeptical of that since driving the vehicle would essentially charge the battery.  I guess we are all still in holding pattern waiting on GM.  Very frustrating, especially with something so critical as your brakes, kind of need them!

Edited by Jeff Brandt
  • Like 1

No, it's not good news. At all. Listen, another blogger got mad at me (AK High Country) cuz he thought I got on the site to bash Chevy. That's not true, I have nothing against Chevy _ I've owned a 2013 Volt and that ownership has been problem-free. I was just trying to say that my truck careened down my driveway out onto the road (there's a good amount of traffic in front of my house), and an eastbound vehicle had to slam on its brakes to avoid HITTING ME. Thankfully, that eastbound vehicle wasn't another LTZ Silverado with no brakes (haha?). anyway, they (the Chevy dealership) acted like I brought the thing for an oil change, trucks ready, codes cleared, come get it. This is an EXTREMELY SERIOUS SAFETY ISSUE that does not appear to be taken very seriously by this carmaker. I'll ask and let you ponder- do you thing anybody- from GM, from the dealer, from Chevrolet- anybody ever bothered to follow up on my ordeal to ask if the truck was now operating safely. NO! NO! I feel like I need to write a legal-type letter to document this. who to send that to though....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jeff and his Silverado said:

No, it's not good news. At all. Listen, another blogger got mad at me (AK High Country) cuz he thought I got on the site to bash Chevy. That's not true, I have nothing against Chevy _ I've owned a 2013 Volt and that ownership has been problem-free. I was just trying to say that my truck careened down my driveway out onto the road (there's a good amount of traffic in front of my house), and an eastbound vehicle had to slam on its brakes to avoid HITTING ME. Thankfully, that eastbound vehicle wasn't another LTZ Silverado with no brakes (haha?). anyway, they (the Chevy dealership) acted like I brought the thing for an oil change, trucks ready, codes cleared, come get it. This is an EXTREMELY SERIOUS SAFETY ISSUE that does not appear to be taken very seriously by this carmaker. I'll ask and let you ponder- do you thing anybody- from GM, from the dealer, from Chevrolet- anybody ever bothered to follow up on my ordeal to ask if the truck was now operating safely. NO! NO! I feel like I need to write a legal-type letter to document this. who to send that to though....

100% correct. I brought mine in after losing brakes and almost hitting a parked car at the grocery store. Dealer says well... since there are no fault codes we cant do anything. Its like are you ****ing kidding me, my brakes stopped working while the truck was in motion. Does it take a death or 2 for GM to fix this bullshit? 

• Like 1

Just drove mine on a 400 mile trip, on the way back the ck engine light came on with the cruise control light. I stopped by the dealer today and it's a brake issue. It was just programmed to the latest program last week when they did the recalls.  They ordered another module.  For now it all works fine, I'll be notified when it comes in.

truck.thumb.jpg.2671d6e04437804b06dd4b247076355b.jpgI had this happen on the way to work at the worst possible time. I had my 18 month old daughter with me taking her to day care when deer ran out in front of me and couldnt stop and had to take to the ditch. Didnt see any damage but when I got in I saw my truck was lit up like a Christmas tree.  It was just in last week for the brake recall too. 2019 TrailBoss LT Had several warnings flashing brake system failure. trailer system failure service esc.

Edited by Joshua Gregg

1 minute ago, Joshua Gregg said:

I had this happen on the way to work at the worst possible time. I had my 18 month old daughter with me taking her to day care when deer ran out in front of me and couldnt stop and had to take to the ditch. Didnt see any damage but when I got in I saw my truck was lit up like a Christmas tree.  It was just in last week for the brake recall too. 2019 TrailBoss LT Had several warnings flashing brake system failure. trailer system failure service esc.

Damn that's scary.  

10 minutes ago, ct_corey said:

Damn that's scary.  

Then to top it off I had to psycho call them  for 20 minutes even after they were open because they hadnt switched the phones over yet. Ive had this thing 2 months and this thread does not inspire hope that its going to be fixed when I leave today. 

truck.jpg

No. The Service manager at the dealership told me GM MAY have a software fix available in a few weeks, but that it is not likely they will inform the dealership when that happens, or not right away. So, I asked, if the dealership was informed, would they inform me? The man told me NO, don't expect the dealership to follow up even if they are provided with the solution. He told me YOU NEED to call US.

They turned my truck off and on a couple times and told me that GM says that is the fix for now. I said well what if I am pulling my tractor behind it and this crap happens. Pretty sure I won’t be able to stop with that going on. It sucks because I love this truck but not going to spend the next couple years with my truck losing the brakes. 

Well like the rest of you’ve i have now experienced all three phases of this issue.. tonight was the icing on the cake when I fired my truck up to go home from work and it had no brakes. GM will be getting more than an earful from me tomorrow on this major issue.