Anyone lost brakes besides me.

18 hours ago, slednchick said:

Do you have GM financial?

I tried before with my last truck. As they are the same company they keep things VERY separate. If they are going to cover a payment it needs to be done through GM direct, not GM financial.  

Here my latest for my truck. The dealership just called and said they did the update and my truck is good to go(fingers crossed). I also called GM to see if they’ll cover the month’s payment while my truck sat for the month. I’m waiting for a call back from the area GM rep....

I purchased a 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 and had it one week and the brakes went out at 70mph on the highway. I had to get my truck towed to the dealership for them to tell me it was a recall and they would fix it. I let them know it was a major safety issue and wanted to speak with someone about the issue. I had to contact GM my self and was told sorry. They denied my request for a new vehicle or even to swap me out of my current $50,000 vehicle. After three weeks at the dealership they stated everything is fixed and guaranteed me it was fixed and I wouldn't have any issues. I picked up my vehicle after a long battle with GM and the dealership and i still have issues. They never reset the brake pad wear sensors and now the brake pedal has a lot of play. This is less the 24 hours after picking up my truck after the dealer had it for 3 weeks. I have lost all confidence and respect for the dealership and loosing my patients and confidence with GM.

54 minutes ago, Adam2019$ said:

I purchased a 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 and had it one week and the brakes went out at 70mph on the highway. I had to get my truck towed to the dealership for them to tell me it was a recall and they would fix it. I let them know it was a major safety issue and wanted to speak with someone about the issue. I had to contact GM my self and was told sorry. They denied my request for a new vehicle or even to swap me out of my current $50,000 vehicle. After three weeks at the dealership they stated everything is fixed and guaranteed me it was fixed and I wouldn't have any issues. I picked up my vehicle after a long battle with GM and the dealership and i still have issues. They never reset the brake pad wear sensors and now the brake pedal has a lot of play. This is less the 24 hours after picking up my truck after the dealer had it for 3 weeks. I have lost all confidence and respect for the dealership and loosing my patients and confidence with GM.

In this same thread I posted the email address of Jamie Lareau, an auto reporter with the Detroit Free Press. She is interested in talking to owners that have experienced exactly what you have. She is getting the run around from GM corporate, so the more first hand accounts she can quote the better.

Edited by Shawn O'Leary

I didn't have any issues prior to the brake recall, but since the brake recall I will sometimes get into the truck (after having remotely started it)  press the brake pedal and it's stiff, and press the start button to have all the errors come up "ECS error, speed limited error, trailer brake error" and check engine light stays on, and drive that way for a while, and then after a few ignition cycles later the check engine light is gone.

I only had one issue after the recall where I actually lost braking, but the GM dealer supposedly fixed that.

I brought my 2019 Silverado into the dealer  today. I had the brake recall done on Jan 13th. I  used the mychevy remote keyfob to remote start last Thursday and when I started the truck I got the Brake system failure and all the other seemingly dreadful warnings that appeared. Trying to explain to the service adviser the issue this morning and that it is a known problem was an incredible experience. I told her to goggle it, it is all over the message board and GM knows about this.  She said we get official word from GM we don't google things. Yikes. Hopefully it will be safe to drive when I pick it up.

7 hours ago, Nightsky said:

I brought my 2019 Silverado into the dealer  today. I had the brake recall done on Jan 13th. I  used the mychevy remote keyfob to remote start last Thursday and when I started the truck I got the Brake system failure and all the other seemingly dreadful warnings that appeared. Trying to explain to the service adviser the issue this morning and that it is a known problem was an incredible experience. I told her to goggle it, it is all over the message board and GM knows about this.  She said we get official word from GM we don't google things. Yikes. Hopefully it will be safe to drive when I pick it up.

Mention TSB PIT5728B.

I just started my truck up to come home from work and got the brake failure, stay below 62 mph warning, I didn't even have enough time to say "Shit" when it just went away again. Brakes seemed fine on the way home too. The funny thing is my office is about half a mile from my Chevy dealer so it would've been the perfect time for it to fail as I could've taken it in and they could've seen for themselves.

45 minutes ago, Spoogle said:

I just started my truck up to come home from work and got the brake failure, stay below 62 mph warning, I didn't even have enough time to say "Shit" when it just went away again. Brakes seemed fine on the way home too. The funny thing is my office is about half a mile from my Chevy dealer so it would've been the perfect time for it to fail as I could've taken it in and they could've seen for themselves.

Take it in, they can get the info off the computer.