Anyone lost brakes besides me.

7 hours ago, WV-Anderson said:

My biggest question is has anyone had the NEWEST update, the one just released a little over a week ago to verify if it works. I understand everyone that’s had it happen to them is angry and skeptical but I’d rather not speculate if this new one will work. Thankfully I’ve never had it happen to me driving, but it did happen today just starting the truck up. But it’s exactly what the new recall states saying that it would happen after remote start using the app, which is exactly what I did. I’m just curious for people that have had the new recall performed.

I had the newest update for a few weeks now. No issues since then.

I had the update performed. Went 1 week with no issues then had a check engine light for a few days that eventually went off. Went back to the dealer and was told it’s throwing the same codes (loss of communication to brake control module) that the update was supposed to fix. So now waiting to hear what dealer / GM engineers have to say about my truck since it’s apparently still having the issue, although showing CEL vs the other warnings that have been a part of this problem. 

On 2/8/2020 at 9:33 PM, WV-Anderson said:

My biggest question is has anyone had the NEWEST update, the one just released a little over a week ago to verify if it works. I understand everyone that’s had it happen to them is angry and skeptical but I’d rather not speculate if this new one will work. Thankfully I’ve never had it happen to me driving, but it did happen today just starting the truck up. But it’s exactly what the new recall states saying that it would happen after remote start using the app, which is exactly what I did. I’m just curious for people that have had the new recall performed.

I had the latest (what I thought) update from late Jan, specifically:  PIT5728C

I haven't had any issues since.  I have noticed that it doesn't auto-stop, but figured that was maybe something that needs to settle after an update ?  Other than that, it drives just like it did when I bought it, zero codes, zero warnings, no brake issues.  I've tested auto-starting with the FOB, as well as the app.  No issues.

So on a hunch, I put a voltmeter on my battery, 12.4.  Hooked up a charger for an hour, 12.6 (which is close to what a charged 12v should be).   First trip out, auto-stop started working again.   I don't do anything crazy, don't listen to the radio with the engine off, or use the outlet in the bed.

Point being: when you have the dealership do an update, remind them 3x to hook it up to a 12v source. Evidently telling them twice isn't enough.  

Thus, I still have zero issues after PIT5728C, for what it's worth to others.

34 minutes ago, Brian Wotring said:

So on a hunch, I put a voltmeter on my battery, 12.4.  Hooked up a charger for an hour, 12.6 (which is close to what a charged 12v should be).   First trip out, auto-stop started working again.   I don't do anything crazy, don't listen to the radio with the engine off, or use the outlet in the bed.

Point being: when you have the dealership do an update, remind them 3x to hook it up to a 12v source. Evidently telling them twice isn't enough.  

Thus, I still have zero issues after PIT5728C, for what it's worth to others.

Other than the initial brake issues from starting using the app this past weekend I haven’t had issues. I had the new recall performed today and have remote started my truck using the app 4 times so far and it’s worked fine. So fingers crossed they’ve got it figured out. It’s been cold where I’m at so I’ve had the heat on high so I can’t comment on the start/stop since having the update. I’ll have to keep an eye on that one!

You have brake issues, the Malibu has start/stop issues.  GM is really having a lot of trouble lately.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/contact7/denver-area-man-says-cars-are-being-rented-to-lyft-drivers-with-known-mechanical-issues

Honestly, instead of researching the market as one would expect before buying a $60k+ truck, I bought the Silverado from my nephew, a struggling car salesman working at a local Chevy dealership, with a family of 5 to support (I bought a Volt from him in 2013- that worked out well, no problems to report on the Volt). After buying my 2019 Silverado LZT, then or course I did the research. I can't find a single site that puts the Silverado on top, it's the competition this year and years to come because as you say, it's about the dough, not us, the hard working middle class pumping more and more of OUR blood sweat and tears into large corporations- they could have been more generous on the 2019 Silverado. It's still a nice truck, but the competitors are offering far better interiors and far-far-far better drive quality. My truck is so bumpy and shaky over most terrains I'm already looking into having it refitted with air suspension. Warranty be damned- I hate the busy oscillation I encounter when driving this big cart. In addition to suffering through this major brake system failure recall, I've had the tailgate repaired, temp knoBs replaced, and a host of other defects corrected on a truck I bought 3 months ago, sticker north of $61k. PLEASE!!. If anybody has any ideas to help me on the suspension, I'd appreciate your feedback The dealer actually told me IT'S WORKING AS DESIGNED, ALBEIT (AND THE SERVICE MANGAGER SAID THIS: "I TEST DROVE ONE AND IT'S CERTAINLY UNPLEASANT".

I got the recall's in the mail yesterday also but have been following this thread for months now and took mine in last week to get all updates completed.  I had no issue before, and after the realign camera recall my lane departure wasn't working correctly as was the front car indicator. the indicator was not doing anything with button on the wheel but was active as the green would show up on screen, the lane departure would go green for few seconds then orange then white and wasn't able to turn off with center stack button.

200 miles few days later my dealer had me in today to attempt to realign camera as they thought that was the issue (and sounded like it) only to come to me a hour later saying they couldn't get it to work properly, contacted GM and they said replace camera and they would order should take 4 days to get. So I go to leave dealership and the lane departure button was NOT lite up so I figured they might have disconnected/shut off until new camera installed. About 5 mile from dealership on straight section of road the lane assist came on and worked perfect so I tried to shut off and on and worked fine, distance indicator works fine to. Called service manager to advise him started working correctly a few mile away, he said let him know if still good in a few days but he was in disbelief that it was working and working correctly.  If still working in few days when I speak with him I am going to confirm they didn't just install old software so now its working correctly or mabey they just got the relearn correct finally.

besides this small issue the recalls have not caused any issue for me as of yet.

22 minutes ago, Kevin0311 said:

I got the recall's in the mail yesterday also but have been following this thread for months now and took mine in last week to get all updates completed.  I had no issue before, and after the realign camera recall my lane departure wasn't working correctly as was the front car indicator. the indicator was not doing anything with button on the wheel but was active as the green would show up on screen, the lane departure would go green for few seconds then orange then white and wasn't able to turn off with center stack button.

200 miles few days later my dealer had me in today to attempt to realign camera as they thought that was the issue (and sounded like it) only to come to me a hour later saying they couldn't get it to work properly, contacted GM and they said replace camera and they would order should take 4 days to get. So I go to leave dealership and the lane departure button was NOT lite up so I figured they might have disconnected/shut off until new camera installed. About 5 mile from dealership on straight section of road the lane assist came on and worked perfect so I tried to shut off and on and worked fine, distance indicator works fine to. Called service manager to advise him started working correctly a few mile away, he said let him know if still good in a few days but he was in disbelief that it was working and working correctly.  If still working in few days when I speak with him I am going to confirm they didn't just install old software so now its working correctly or mabey they just got the relearn correct finally.

besides this small issue the recalls have not caused any issue for me as of yet.

Maybe they finally reset the error code on the camera which allows it to recalibrate when driven on a well marked road > 36mph. Takes about 10 minutes to fix itself.

the day they did recalls was crappy out and they asked to keep till the next morning when weather was going to be clear so they could do final recall (I knew why from on here), and drove it 7 miles as per odometer the next morning.  I have read about the 36+mph on good road on hear that's why I gave in a good chance the first time (since salt season in ny) but like you mentioned must have had a error (nothing I could see/know though). Today looks like they drove 12 miles, then my 5 miles and works.

Just wanted to put my info out here in case others had similar problem (one I saw like this got camera replaced then fine) , I have read all the related posts/threads on the issues to stay up to date and informed.

1 hour ago, Kevin0311 said:

After the recalls and numerous trips to the dealer I am having more issues, including stereo won’t turn off after exiting the truck, 

2 hours ago, BDuscher said:

After the recalls and numerous trips to the dealer I am having more issues, including stereo won’t turn off after exiting the truck, 

I was having this issue with the loaner Acadia that I am driving. Yep, still driving a loaner while GM drags their feet to replace my truck. Once i did the update to the infotainment system this stopped.