Anyone lost brakes besides me.

Thankfully my brakes have been fine. And no warning lights. ( knock on wood)

No recalls performed ever even tho I’ve gotten notices in the mail.   From reading all this crap about no stopping power and no brakes at all, it got me somewhat worried.  I tried pressing e-brake button at 35 mph going down my street in the snow.  Did this three times.  All times the brake clunked and rear tires pretty much locked up and I skidded to a stop.  It’s less than ideal to have to do this, but in an emergency it will work. Also a friend of mine tried same thing and his also worked.   Sad to hear of this crap with these new trucks.  I am a Chevy truck owner and always have been.   But I may Take a hard look at Toyota when the time comes in two years to dump my trail boss.  Not saying Toyota is perfect, but damn GM this sh*t is getting ridiculous with all these issues.  Good luck to all you

On 2/24/2020 at 5:57 PM, BackWoodsLivn said:

I was a Toyota man for 20 years until 2 months ago.  Never had an issue.  Hope I don’t end up regretting this change.

There seems to be a lot of us 10+ year Toyota owners with the same experience and the same feelings. 

You would think GM would want to take advantage and really try to win over 'yota owners once they bought their product... 

Edited by mistaare
More content

18 hours ago, ct_corey said:

You are wasting your time. lemon law it. Final repair notice is going to do shit. I won my lemon law case within 3 months. 

Final repair notice is required when sending the certified letter to GM if you are going thru the BBB. The "final repair attempt" itself doesn't make a hill of beans on wether you win or loose the case but BBB will not go forward with the claim without this letter being sent. 

18 hours ago, ct_corey said:

google a lemon law attorney if your state. They take the cases for free and get paid by Gm at the end.  All you need to get the ball rolling is a phone call. Right off the bat they will tell you if its worth it to peruse. Lemon laws are pretty cut and dry.  I didn't do a damn thing but email all my repair orders to them and my purchase agreement. 3 months later I got a huge check. Traded in the truck and now drive another brand. 

A lawyer is not required. Just finishing up with mine with no lawyer. 

In this day and age yes.  There are still a few companies out there (probably not any automotive) that still have values and are customer oriented but now a days it's.. "we'll just wait and see what they do."

Im so disappointed  in this generation it still has so many flaws, alot more from the previous.  This is the first gen where GM has put on 4 piston calipers on a all new platform, was supposed to  be my next truck, but just cant do it. 

On 1/21/2019 at 12:57 AM, Colossus said:

They will just tell you.. "Unable to duplicate, sorry."  But get it logged anyway. 

There is now a recall for this issue, just received my letter. I had the same issue.

Anyone still experiencing issues? My third brake failure was on 2/24/20 2 hours after picking the vehicle up from the dealership for the most recent fix. GM had stated that a recall was not reason to purchase the truck back. I agreed that a recall was not but the fact that I was on my third brake failure as well as the dealership experiencing one should definitely warrant a buy back if they were truly concerned about their customer safety as well as the safety of everyone else on the road. The dealership finally agreed to an MSRP swap or trade in value of what I purchased the vehicle for on a vehicle off one of their Ford or Ram lots since GM was of no assistance. For times sake, I agreed to a 2020 and I truly hope I don't regret it. I feel like I'm playing Russian roulette. They will take the vehicle back in full if I have a brake failure before it's titled so I'm going to drive the hell out of this thing for the next 2 weeks.

Edited by Forrest_E

I HAVE A 2019 CHEVY SILVERADO AND MY WIFE AND KIDS WERE DRIVING WHEN THE BRAKES WENT OUT THAT GOD NO ONE WAS HURT HAD TO SEND THE TRUCK TO THE DEALERSHIP AND WAS TOLD IT WAS A BREAK ISSUE WITH GM AND THEIR IS A RECALL THIS IS THE SECOND ONE THEYU HAVE DONE AND ALL THE DEALERSHIP COULD SAY WAS THAT THEY CANT PROMICE ME THAT IT CANT HAPPEN AGAIN  SO NOW I HAVE A TRUCK THAT WE DONT WANT NO LONGER WAY TO GO GM

• 1 month later...