Anyone lost brakes besides me.

13 minutes ago, Dnt said:

Was scrolling through the infotainment system and noticed this recall info in the MyGMC area. On the previous screen it had a date of Jan 30th 2020

IMG_9451.thumb.jpg.2f216b6923319b53bfa6e901fab24b8d.jpgIMG_9452.thumb.jpg.dbbad4d445f291d9009c3e24d67cb4a5.jpg

I wish I could get this in a print out! 

should be able to save a copy of the image either to your desktop or document program and print out from there?

I have been outside punching all the infotainment screen buttons for 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get the cool cameras to stay on at speeds above 10mph

NO Luck it looks like GM (actually their lawyer team I am sure)  in their ultimate wisdom have made that "not an option" 

Also would like to utilize the cameras as a dash cam don't see that option either. So much potential here but sooooooooooooooooo limited. 

16 hours ago, AD80 said:

I just got the brake warnings and check engine when i started the truck. Turned off and restarted and the brake stuff went away, but my check engine light is still on. Ive never used the app to start, only used the key fob remote start once a while back just to see if it worked.  So its not just the trucks using the app that have the problem.

Finally, someone else with the same issue as me. I'm also one of the few who have never used the apps to auto start, nor did I have the recall performed in mid December that GM is alleging was part of the issue. GM is blowing smoke on what caused this brake failure 'cause they don't have a clue. My senior GM advisor has ignored me for a month since I have questioned them on the cause of the brake failure and have let them know that what they are stating caused it has absolutely no correlation with my truck and its brake failure. Sadly, it seems most people are accepting the $&*# GM is spewing regarding the brakes.

3 hours ago, Chris walker said:

I have not had any of the brake updates completed at this point. It seems as if GM states the issue is fixed with the latest software update but forum members are still having issues...

Can anyone advise if the latest software fix actually fixes the problem?

I was just in for an oil change last week and my dealer actually advised AGAINST getting the update because GM hasn't perfected it yet.  I told them they could do the recalls when I traded it in in a few years as mine's driving great.  I won't even let them do the seat belt one for fear of them damaging my trim pieces.   

24 minutes ago, lebag335 said:

I was just in for an oil change last week and my dealer actually advised AGAINST getting the update because GM hasn't perfected it yet.  I told them they could do the recalls when I traded it in in a few years as mine's driving great.  I won't even let them do the seat belt one for fear of them damaging my trim pieces.   

? This...

Same here.  I'll wait till we know that the fixes work.  I am not going to invite an issue...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chris walker said:

I have not had any of the brake updates completed at this point. It seems as if GM states the issue is fixed with the latest software update but forum members are still having issues...

I was told by GM I had to park mine and drive the  rental until I hear from them. I have had nothing but issues. 

6 hours ago, Chris walker said:

It is NOT fixed. Picked up my truck today only to have another brake failure! I will likely be filing a lemon law suit at this point.

20200224_142801.jpg

20200224_142808.jpg

Edited by Forrest_E

Only 3k miles on my RST but 2 weeks ago “brake system failure” flashed on the dash and quickly went off.  Got recall notice N192268091 and reluctantly had it installed one week ago.  No issues yet but I will post when it happens.

I was a Toyota man for 20 years until 2 months ago.  Never had an issue.  Hope I don’t end up regretting this change.

59 minutes ago, 2019_Silverado_HC said:

I had all of the recalls done last week and no issues.  The final revised fix works.  No issues with lane departure or front camera either.  Worked as soon as I picked it up.

Do you happen to have the paper work showing which update you have? If you see my post above, the newest fix does NOT work. I picked my truck up today at noon after the dealership received a new EBCM, programmed it with the most recent fix, and test drove it for two days. I had a brake failure within 2 hours.

I just picked up my car from the dealer who performed the latest recalls.  I also mentioned the rear widnow leak which "they couldnt duplicate". on my drive home i go and push the lane keep assist button and it pops up as unavailable.  Here in new york we got some rain today, low and behold the rear glass is leaking.  Back to the dealer i go and they are supposed to order me a new glass.  But how would i know if i have the latest program for the brake issues?  

IMG_3104.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

Edited by Anthony Imbriano

1 hour ago, Anthony Imbriano said:

I just picked up my car from the dealer who performed the latest recalls.  I also mentioned the rear widnow leak which "they couldnt duplicate". on my drive home i go and push the lane keep assist button and it pops up as unavailable.  Here in new york we got some rain today, low and behold the rear glass is leaking.  Back to the dealer i go and they are supposed to order me a new glass.  But how would i know if i have the latest program for the brake issues?  

IMG_3104.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

Frankly I’m getting to the point where I’m just pissed off I’m sick of driving something I don’t pay for I’m sick of paying for something I don’t get to drive and not getting a response from GM my vehicle sitting doing nothing with no updates while I make monthly payments lemon law sounds like a great idea right nowFrankly I’m getting to the point where I’m just pissed off I’m sick of driving something I don’t pay for I’m sick of paying for something I don’t get to drive and not getting a response from GM my vehicle sitting doing nothing with no updates while I make monthly payments lemon law sounds like a great idea right now

The MYGMC app indicated that I need to take my 2020 Sierra in for the Brake Control Module recall and when i check with NTHSA's website, there are no recalls for my vehicle.  However checking the GMC recall page there is an outstanding recall as of Feb 21.  Anyone else have this same recall?  Who remote starts their vehicle and gets in and waits more than 5 mins to push the button?   :) 

• GM Program #:
  • N202294820
  • Date Issued:
  • Feb 21, 2020

Program Title:

Brake System Control Module Interaction with the MyBrand App Remote Start Feature

Program Description:

The brake system control module software in these vehicles may contain an error. If (i) the vehicle is started remotely using the MyChevrolet, MyGMC, or MyCadillac mobile app or (ii) the driver enters the vehicle and waits five or more minutes before starting the vehicle using the ignition, this software error can, in rare cases, disable the vehicle’s electronic brake assist and illuminate the ESC, ABS and BRAKE telltales. This occurs at startup and the telltales are illuminated before the driver puts the vehicle into gear.

Repair Description:

Dealers will reprogram the brake system control module.

I remote start my truck and will unlock / open the doors and hit the button for more than 5 minutes almost every Saturday when I ski. I start it from as far away as I can and then open it up to get shoes, take off my ski boots and do the general gear strip. Depending on the day and how many people are with me, it can take as long as the remote start will allow it to idle before shutting itself down.