SiriusXM radio on RST model

I just bought a 2019 Silverado RST and I just realized it does not have SiriusXM radio built in with it. Does anyone know of anyway to add it to the radio or jail break it to add it? I don’t want to have to buy a receiver from SiriusXM just so I can listen to it. 

Edited by Cbrown7194

I just bought a 2019 Silverado RST and I just realized it does not have SiriusXM radio built in with it. Does anyone know of anyway to add it to the radio or jail break it to add it. I don’t want to have to buy a receiver from SiriusXM just so I can listen to it. 

If your just interested in music I would recommend Pandora or I heart radio through your phone to your truck via Bluetooth or usb. I find the music quality is better this way. Worth a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ran into the same problem. Ordered a Trail Boss in July and never gave it any thought as my last five trucks all came with it. Well this one didn't, you have to get the convenience package II in order to get xm radio. Was pretty po'd about this cause dealer swore that it was standard on all LT's. I have since got over it. There are several options available. I have unlimited data on my wi fi through truck.  you can get a xm app on your phone and Bluetooth to radio,  Pandora is another one, I heart radio is another, if you are an amazon prime member amazon music is included in your membership. Several options out there, btw the xm app does charge a monthly fee.

My '00 Jeep Wrangler has an aftermarket radio with a small magnetic XM antenna that sits on the hood.

Not sure if your stock radio is XM enabled and if it is, if it has a port/plug for an antenna but I figured I'd mention the possibility of the external antenna option in case it does.

The antenna was about $15 - $20 and is fairly inconspicuous. Plus no drilling/rusting/leaking.

7 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

wow..surprised to hear that. I thought all trucks ...especially base LT and above would have this standard

I myself and dealer also thought it was standard on the LT trim level. It was until 2019. Not sure if the infotainment center can be xm enabled, there is no app showing for it in settings or source.

• 5 months later...
On 1/23/2019 at 9:35 AM, Cbrown7194 said:

I just bought a 2019 Silverado RST and I just realized it does not have SiriusXM radio built in with it. Does anyone know of anyway to add it to the radio or jail break it to add it? I don’t want to have to buy a receiver from SiriusXM just so I can listen to it. 

Thank you for sharing this. Our team would like the opportunity to review your situation and provide assistance or clarification as needed. Please email [email protected] with additional details so we may get started.

Hello, Just seeing if GM clarified this topic and if an upgrade or system interface is available?  I purchased an LT Trail Boss not even questioning if it had Sirius XM as I’ve had it on every vehicle I’ve owned the last 10 years. It’s standard on vehicles half the price let alone a $50k truck. What is GM thinking! It’s 2019 not 1999! I love the look of the truck, but between the awful throttle response and delayed transmission shifting, and inconveniences like this, I’m regretting switching from RAM.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SummitBoss said:

Hello, Just seeing if GM clarified this topic and if an upgrade or system interface is available?  I purchased an LT Trail Boss not even questioning if it had Sirius XM as I’ve had it on every vehicle I’ve owned the last 10 years. It’s standard on vehicles half the price let alone a $50k truck. What is GM thinking! It’s 2019 not 1999! I love the look of the truck, but between the awful throttle response and delayed transmission shifting, and inconveniences like this, I’m regretting switching from RAM.

I have no idea what Chevy was thinking.   Cutting corners. Kinda wish I would of just bought a 2019 old gen body style.  So disappointing. 

I’m doing the same for now but I don’t have unlimited data and a 54 mile per day commute round trip. Just seems silly not to include this on an LT trim standard. Btw the response I got back from GM customer service is they couldn’t speculate on this and I should contact Sirius XM. I mean either it’s upgradable or it isn’t. WTH? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...