Catch Can?

KozzyJr

29 minutes ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

Wohoo!!! I've had my tuck a little over a year and have been thinking about doing this.  Finally pulled the trigger on the JLT oil separator today.  Truck has 11K miles on it already but better late than never.  lol

Question Phillip. Does your truck use oil and what is your routine oil change interval? Thanks. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Question Phillip. Does your truck use oil and what is your routine oil change interval? Thanks. 

Honestly, I am not sure if my truck is consuming oil.  So far I have only gotten my oil changed at the dealer, because of the reward points I got when I purchased the truck has covered the oil changes so far.  I did my first oil change early at a little over 1K miles, then at every 5K interval.  I will check the oil level when I install the catch can and then again before my next oil change.  I too am curious if I am consuming any oil.  The dealer has never indicated low oil during my oil changes but I will start keeping an eye on it.  Especially now that I will have an excuse to pop the hood to drain the catch can.  

6 minutes ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

Honestly, I am not sure if my truck is consuming oil.  So far I have only gotten my oil changed at the dealer, because of the reward points I got when I purchased the truck has covered the oil changes so far.  I did my first oil change early at a little over 1K miles, then at every 5K interval.  I will check the oil level when I install the catch can and then again before my next oil change.  I too am curious if I am consuming any oil.  The dealer has never indicated low oil during my oil changes but I will start keeping an eye on it.  Especially now that I will have an excuse to pop the hood to drain the catch can.  

It's a good practice to check it at each fuel stop. They can go for years without an issue then one day...BOOM. Just say' n. Wife's Terrain did this. Not a drop for 70 K then a little over the next 20 K then like I owned an oil well over one OCI. Long battle but getting it under control....I think.  

• Like 1

Im sure its just a coincidence but I had to add oil to my 2019 6.2 recently after adding catch can. Before that I dont recall it being low. 

This would be the first vehicle I have owned in my 55 yo life that used oil. I am disappointed. 

1 hour ago, Minnvmax said:

Im sure its just a coincidence but I had to add oil to my 2019 6.2 recently after adding catch can. Before that I dont recall it being low. 

This would be the first vehicle I have owned in my 55 yo life that used oil. I am disappointed. 

I've had a few but not many. The ones that did were used and used before I bought them or the wife drives it. Did I say that out loud? :) 

If a guy is on 5 K or more OCI's and the motor uses no oil between changes I hardly see the need to catch what isn't there. 

After about 1000 stop & go miles I got a teaspoon amount of oil out of the UPR Can.  I just did a 5K oil change too.  Oil was still at the top of the hash on the stick before changing.  When I installed the kit the breather tube I removed was oil wet inside.  I'm sure the intake was already soaked too.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 8:25 PM, KozzyJr said:

So has anyone installed or know if there are any catch can available for the new 2019s?

Well, I had one on my 2016 RAM Hemi, I paid $35 for the can and hardware to install.  I made a bracket from aluminum from Lowes.  It worked great and caught several ounces every 5000 miles.  I couldn't spend $300 dollars for one so I bought one on eBay.  I traded the truck for my Yukon and deleted all my pictures of the install.  They work.  MAGA.  KAG  11B

oil catch can.png

Edited by TxVet33
Added Photo.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, diyer2 said:

Don't know batman but the penguin put one on. 

:) 

Haha, I had one on my 2015 Z71 that caught a ton!! But without anyone having an issue i'm just debating if I want to mess with it again. 

I put one on my 2012 throttle body. Want to keep it a long time. Whatever it catches is better than going through the motor.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

I put one on my 2012 throttle body. Want to keep it a long time. Whatever it catches is better than going through the motor.

True enough. Just ordered a JLT catch can after watching their install video. I was instantly sold once I saw the oem style hoses they use. Price was good too. Also got my Range DFM delete plug-in on the way. 

Edited by batman900

2 hours ago, batman900 said:

True enough. Just ordered a JLT catch can after watching their install video. I was instantly sold once I saw the oem style hoses they use. Price was good too. Also got my Range DFM delete plug-in on the way. 

I have the JLT and this is what I got after 4,000 miles...about half full. Also the range DFM works well with the 5.3 and 8 speed.

78078186-5B73-478D-A3CD-62A235165C65.jpeg

• Like 1