Torque App, gear selector PID

I have been having a blast using the "torque" app and my cheap amazon $7 obd2 wireless adapter, definatly a must have tool for these complicated trucks just to access all the sensor data. anyways found a cool link on adding gear selector indicator in the app. I'll have to test it this week see if it works.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, flyingfool said:

I have been having a blast using the "torque" app and my cheap amazon $7 obd2 wireless adapter, definatly a must have tool for these complicated trucks just to access all the sensor data. anyways found a cool link on adding gear selector indicator in the app. I'll have to test it this week see if it works.

This is freaking awesome.  Been trying to find the correct PID for this since 2016!  Gonna give it a try very soon!

On 1/28/2019 at 2:29 PM, paracutin said:

Installing PIDs is easy.  Finding PIDs that aren't in the pre-defined sets is the challenge. 

Can someone explain what this is all about? Like in simple to understand language! I may know a thing or two about nothing but I don’t even know what the heck a PID is. Laughing is welcome because if I don’t know I ask ? heck I’ve even been know to read directions before putting something together or stop and ask directions ? is this some kind of tuning? Damn, I remember when we just had to adjust the carb, grab the timing light and gap the plugs (and points if ya remember those) so I’m a bit behind.

Edited by SS502
  • Like 2

On 2/2/2019 at 3:31 PM, SS502 said:

Can someone explain what this is all about? Like in simple to understand language! I may know a thing or two about nothing but I don’t even know what the heck a PID is. Laughing is welcome because if I don’t know I ask ? heck I’ve even been know to read directions before putting something together or stop and ask directions ? is this some kind of tuning? Damn, I remember when we just had to adjust the carb, grab the timing light and gap the plugs (and points if ya remember those) so I’m a bit behind.

No kidding wtf is he talking about?

BTW I think SS502 and I are around the same age. I'm 56 and don't have a clue.

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/2/2019 at 3:25 PM, flyingfool said:

i can't seem to get my AFR gauge to work on the truck, anyone else functioning?

Were you ever able to figure out the AFR gauge in Torque App?

this is an old thread wow.. i never got around to it, but will look into it when i get time, which is never....lol try watching some YT vids on it there might be a nerd on there that might show how to activate it. i still want to know how to make it work.