2019 seats vs 2018 seats

How do the seats in the updated 2019 fare compared to the shoddy crap seats in the 2018?

I found the 2018 to be much too narrow, both the bottom and back. It's also very stiff and the seat bolsters are uncomfortable to boot. They felt like they were catering to the smaller Asian market.

Any decent changes?

2019 seats, to me, feel firmer than my ‘16s were. The 2016 was like sinking into grandma’s couch compared to these. The cloth 2019 seats felt even stiffer than the leather I have.

They shortened the bolsters on the bottom cushion quite a bit in the T1s. I like it more because it’s easier to get in and out of after a long day, but it’s all subjective. Sit in a few and see what you think. 

As a decent sized guy (6' 3" and 240 lbs) I find the seats in my K2 to be very comfortable, more so than the T1. That's not to say the T1's seats were uncomfortable, but they aren't as comfy as the K2, which is like sitting in your living room as you're going down the road. 

• 5 months later...

I have had Chevy trucks for 20 years and slowly watched the seats get narrower and the center console wider.

My 03 avalanche which is still running (240K miles),  has seats like a Lay-Z-Boy recliner. My 2012 avalanche a good two inches narrower. Just came back from a Chevrolet display at the Indianapolis race track and the whole range of cars and trucks had the same seats. The trucks have a center console you could serve a Thanksgiving dinner on !

Sad to say the average American is not getting slimmer but like the airlines the seats are.

I dont have an 18 to compare to. I've driven an 18, but just a test drive. Certainly not enough time to give an opinion. 

I do have an 07 Classic to compare. 

I will say, that the 2019 seats on a long trip are super comfy to me. On a 2 day 800+ mile trip, I felt really good when I got home. They may seem a little firm at first, but danged if they ain't good seats. 

The only K2-gen seats I've been in are Tahoes during rentals on biz trips. 

I think the T1 leather seats feel roomier to me. I felt that the K2-style seat wrapped around my sides a little too far. The T1 seems less aggressive there, that there's more space between my 5'10", 160# body and the sides of the seat. 

I'll say that the main beef with T1 seats is they do not feel "plush". That's accurate. They aren't. I disagree with those who call them "stiff", however. They are what a good seat should be... soft enough to feel comfortable, but firm enough to provide good support and long-term durability.