On 3/30/2019 at 5:48 AM, Jacoby said:

I don't have a full review as of yet as I only drove it from the shop to my house last night which was maybe 15 miles all hwy.  I can tell you that it feels like a completely different truck.  It moves absolutely effortlessly.  They weren't able to calibrate the new gear ratio in my tuner (I suspect because the battery was low) so I didn't know my actual speed and couldn't verify it with GPS because my son was in the back seat on my phone playing games.  I was going with the flow of traffic on a 70mph hwy and my speedo was reading 89mph.  My guess is at 70mph my rpms were right at 2000rpm.  I'll have more info on that later today after I get everything synced with my tuner.  I can confirm though that with the ecm not knowing the new ratio I didn't get a check engine light.  Mechanic says some do it and some don't.  But the tranny doesn't like not knowing the ratio for sure because it short shifts real bad.  Truck maintained 6th the entire way home where as before on the slightest incline it would down shift.  It doesn't do that anymore.  With the rpms being up higher, the slightest throttle input just makes the truck go.  Its really pretty sweet.  Like I said Ive only driven it maybe 15 miles but can tell you its worth every penny paid.  I cant wait to hook up to my toy hauler and see how it tows.  I have to baby it for 500 miles before I do any towing so I'll post up about that eventually

What tuner do you have?

Did you get the calibration problems resolved?

1 hour ago, Carversonline said:

What tuner do you have?

Did you get the calibration problems resolved?

Intune i3

Yes I got it resolved.  Giving everything a good 500 miles to get broken in and waiting to see if the trans settles in.  The custom tune I have for the trans Im not really feeling right now and think after the gear swap the stock trans tuning is better.  Gonna see if it works itself out or if I need to go back to Lew to have him fix it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2019 at 5:48 AM, Jacoby said:

I don't have a full review as of yet as I only drove it from the shop to my house last night which was maybe 15 miles all hwy.  I can tell you that it feels like a completely different truck.  It moves absolutely effortlessly.  They weren't able to calibrate the new gear ratio in my tuner (I suspect because the battery was low) so I didn't know my actual speed and couldn't verify it with GPS because my son was in the back seat on my phone playing games.  I was going with the flow of traffic on a 70mph hwy and my speedo was reading 89mph.  My guess is at 70mph my rpms were right at 2000rpm.  I'll have more info on that later today after I get everything synced with my tuner.  I can confirm though that with the ecm not knowing the new ratio I didn't get a check engine light.  Mechanic says some do it and some don't.  But the tranny doesn't like not knowing the ratio for sure because it short shifts real bad.  Truck maintained 6th the entire way home where as before on the slightest incline it would down shift.  It doesn't do that anymore.  With the rpms being up higher, the slightest throttle input just makes the truck go.  Its really pretty sweet.  Like I said Ive only driven it maybe 15 miles but can tell you its worth every penny paid.  I cant wait to hook up to my toy hauler and see how it tows.  I have to baby it for 500 miles before I do any towing so I'll post up about that eventually

Can you get me a picture with the Cruse control set at 75 mph once you have it calibrated so I can compare it to geswek 

8 minutes ago, Carversonline said:

Can you get me a picture with the Cruse control set at 75 mph once you have it calibrated so I can compare it to geswek 

I’ve gotten my speedo calibrated and at 75 I’m at the notch just above the 2000rpm mark. So I guess that’s 2200-2300rpm

my cruise control isn’t working right now because I have a wheel speed sensor out. I’m replacing it this weekend. After I get it fixed I’ll get a pic

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Carversonline said:

What trim or package do you have? 

Your dash......huh??? .....200mph, truck must haulazz!!   the temp is C and I don't know what the oil psi is reading but goes to 500.

It’s an LT but it’s a Canadian truck

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Carversonline said:

Sorry to bug......but can you get one with the MPG showing at 75

I do most my driving in the city because I work from home so I don’t ever really go any where. The 14.9 best is up from mid 11’s so that’s quite an improvement. Running flat on the hwy at 75 and it hovers right in the 20-21 range.  Not bad for a 7” lift on 35’s

2-D0-A6124-0-BA7-4469-AEA3-06142-A0-E9-F

Edited by Jacoby

On 4/24/2019 at 8:16 PM, Jacoby said:

I do most my driving in the city because I work from home so I don’t ever really go any where. The 14.9 best is up from mid 11’s so that’s quite an improvement. Running flat on the hwy at 75 and it hovers right in the 20-21 range.  Not bad for a 7” lift on 35’s

2-D0-A6124-0-BA7-4469-AEA3-06142-A0-E9-F

Wow!!! Thats impressive.  

Do you have enough miles to give us a review?  How does the truck like 1st gear? Does it actually pull through it or shift into 2nd right away?

6.2L  or 5.7L ?

Thanks for all the help and info by the way ?

Edited by Carversonline
Comment

17 hours ago, Carversonline said:

Wow!!! Thats impressive.  

Do you have enough miles to give us a review?  How does the truck like 1st gear? Does it actually pull through it or shift into 2nd right away?

6.2L  or 5.7L ?

Thanks for all the help and info by the way ?

Its just flat out better that's about the best review I can give.  1st gear is fine.  With moderate throttle it will hold all the way to 2500-3000rpm before it shifts.  The rest of the gears shift a little early but I can understand how the gearing would make the tranny want to get to 6th a fast as it can.  Its not bad, I wouldn't say its short shifting or anything like that.  Shifts are around the 1800-2000 mark.  If I stomp on it, it will rev almost to 6000rpm before it shifts from 1st and carry the rest of the gears well into the 5000rpm range.  Im gonna send a WOT log to Lew and see if he changes up the trans tuning at all. 

IMO it feels more diesel like to me.  It takes a bit of throttle to kick down a gear more now than before.  For instance going up a hill and giving it a good amount of throttle, a diesel will just power up it in whatever gear its in.  My truck is much more like that now.  Whereas before it had no issues downshifting 1-2 gears if need be.  Before my truck couldn't maintain 75 in 6th gear for any amount of time.  At the slightest incline it would downshift to 5th and was constantly hunting gears.  That's a thing of the past now.  I was pulling my 18' flatbed trailer yesterday taking one of my atv's to get serviced (probably a little over 3000lbs) and had the wife and 3 kids in tow and once on the hwy the truck didn't get out of 6th the entire trip and I was passing people right and left.  It just pulls and pulls hard and does it with minimal throttle. 

Gas mileage has gone up as I mentioned before.  I was getting between 225-250 miles to a tank of gas before and now Im getting over 300 and that's mostly with city driving and occasional hwy. 

I have a 5.3L  

I'll get some short vids in the next day or two running it through the gears so you can see what its doing

Edited by Jacoby
  • Like 2