Tune for 2015 5.3L 2015 Silverado

My warranty recently expired on my 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a tuner for my year truck. I drive about a 100 miles a day at time and would like to get a little more mpg. I have access to 93 in my area as well.

Any help is appreciated. 

5 hours ago, CamGTP said:

I doubt he wants to learn to tune it.

Probably will want to go with a HyperTech or Diablo Tuner for just a plug in and go tuner.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I don't really want to have to learn how to tune it. Can anyone recommend one over the other? 

12 hours ago, Nobody-117 said:

My warranty recently expired on my 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a tuner for my year truck. I drive about a 100 miles a day at time and would like to get a little more mpg. I have access to 93 in my area as well.

Any help is appreciated. 

I have the Trifecta Elite tune, I installed it when my truck only had 1,100 miles on it.  I have had no issues and with the Elite tune and they will customize it at your request when you add parts. 

The thing I like the most about Trifecta is that you can change the tune on the fly from Sport to Economy by the cruise control button. 

https://www.trifectaperformance.com/store/product/2202-2014-2018-chevrolet-silverado-2019-silverado-ld-53l-elite/ 

12 hours ago, UnlimitedMatt said:

I have the Trifecta Elite tune, I installed it when my truck only had 1,100 miles on it.  I have had no issues and with the Elite tune and they will customize it at your request when you add parts. 

The thing I like the most about Trifecta is that you can change the tune on the fly from Sport to Economy by the cruise control button. 

https://www.trifectaperformance.com/store/product/2202-2014-2018-chevrolet-silverado-2019-silverado-ld-53l-elite/ 

So you haven't had any issues with their tune? Have you taken your vehicle in for maintenance at a dealership/shop and did they encounter any trouble with the vehicle due to the tune? I'm only asking because I don't do my own maintenance. 

Thank you for your input. 

10 hours ago, Nobody-117 said:

So you haven't had any issues with their tune? Have you taken your vehicle in for maintenance at a dealership/shop and did they encounter any trouble with the vehicle due to the tune? I'm only asking because I don't do my own maintenance. 

Thank you for your input. 

I have had zero issue with my Trifecta tune.  With the Elite tune, they will make changes at your request and so far I have had them change my speedometer to compensate for my larger tires and had them turn on my radiator fans sooner (for towing).  The turn around is like 1 - 2 days (if I remember correctly).

I also had the Trifecta Elite tune on my 2015 Canyon for the entire 3 years of ownership, no issues then either.

The Trifecta website used to mention what they do to make their tune 'undetectable' (once removed) by not updating some counter or something.  So in the first year of ownership of my Silverado, if/when I needed to take the truck to the dealership, I would simply reinstall the factory tune.  Then once back home, I'd reinstall the Trifecta tune.  The install process takes 15 - 20 minutes.  When I first installed the tune, I would carry my laptop under the rear seat incase the truck died so I could remove the tune before the truck gets towed to the dealership.  Thank goodness, I never had any issues.

I have the FlashPaq F5 tuner. Corrected the tire size for the 35s and the speedo and did a 91+ octane tune.
Made a difference of 11.2 MPG to 12.5 MPG.
There is, also, an 85 octane tune available but I went for the 91+ since I run 93.
Also, it allows for shift point tuning among other items but I left it alone.
I did, however, go with a raised idle at start up (100 RPM) and a raised idle in neutral (also 100 RPM).
https://superchips.com/shop/f5-gm-flashpaq
I bought mine before the chip shortages, so there may be a wait these days.

Edited by MikeBMW

On 11/2/2021 at 9:30 AM, UnlimitedMatt said:

Just fyi for anyone that reads this…all this is doing is changing settings in the TCM. Our truck-based OS isn’t capable of altering anything else when you push the tow/haul button. I’ve tried lots of stuff like this (changing driver demand, AFM settings, etc.) with HP tuners and haven’t gotten anywhere. If that can’t do it, a handheld tuner can’t even either. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lucas287 said:

If that can’t do it, a handheld tuner can’t even either. 

The Flashpaq F5 alters the ECM and the TCM.
To be fair, one has to purchase the module unlock(s) after getting the tool.
Just like Autosync and BTDiesel with the unlock of the BCM and HMI.

33 minutes ago, lucas287 said:

Just fyi for anyone that reads this…all this is doing is changing settings in the TCM. Our truck-based OS isn’t capable of altering anything else when you push the tow/haul button

And, @lucas287 , very correct.
However, the post wasn't about the tow/haul button.

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

And, @lucas287 , very correct.
However, the post wasn't about the tow/haul button.

i was just referencing changing things on the fly with the tow haul button :) yes, a handheld can absolutely flash the tcm too! Not hating, just don’t want someone to think they’re getting anything other than different tcm settings! (Which happens in stock form anyways when you click the tow haul button haha)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to keep it mild, and by that I mean no plans for forced induction, I would say Diablo i3 would fit the bill nicely. You can add a cai, catback and headers and have Diablew tune for all of the above and get free updates for a year. Would recommend that over Blackbear who from what I understand has a long wait time.