AT4 better value than trail boss?

I built a $57k AT4 and $57k trail boss with the 5.3, leather, conveince packages, and 20 inch rims trying to make them as equal as possible. The AT4 gives you everything the trail boss has plus the multi pro tailgate, ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, and wheel well trim.

Depending on the incentives, I think I might have to start looking at the AT4 over the Trail Boss.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I built a $57k AT4 and $57k trail boss with the 5.3, leather, conveince packages, and 20 inch rims trying to make them as equal as possible. The AT4 gives you everything the trail boss has plus the multi pro tailgate, ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, and wheel well trim.

Depending on the incentives, I think I might have to start looking at the AT4 over the Trail Boss.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That's exactly why I bought the AT4, along with the availability of the 6.2 L engine. I live in Oregon but found the best deal in Boise Idaho at Dennis Dillon GMC

When i flew in, they picked me up and brought me in to the showroom. I was on my way in 2hrs. When i was there i found out they ship all over the US. Their discount started at 11k off sticker. Good Luck they post their prices online.    https://www.dennisdillongmc.com/

• Like 3

When I was shopping for my 2018, Dennis Dillon was closer to me but Laura Buick gmc had their price beat by $2000. 

If I’m in the market again for a new truck I’d still shop these two dealers. My local dealers don’t stock any crew cab standard bed 6.2 max tow. The trucks I did look at locally all had value added BS like $1000 for paint and interior protection. “Free” car wash, etc. 

I came to the same conclusion.  If you want bells and whistles, go Sierra AT4 or possibly Silverado LTZ.  A fully loaded Z71 LTZ has everything a fully loaded AT4 has except the lift.  The LTZ tailgate will be power up and down but you loose the multi-pro, and it will cost about $2,165 less.  $65,850 for the AT4, $63,685 for the LTZ.  For $2,165 you can have the TB/AT4 lift kit installed.

If you want least expensive, go LT Trail Boss and maybe have a look at Custom Trail Boss.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BLACK AT4 said:

That's exactly why I bought the AT4, along with the availability of the 6.2 L engine. I live in Oregon but found the best deal in Boise Idaho at Dennis Dillon GMC

When i flew in, they picked me up and brought me in to the showroom. I was on my way in 2hrs. When i was there i found out they ship all over the US. Their discount started at 11k off sticker. Good Luck they post their prices online.    https://www.dennisdillongmc.com/

Their advertised pricing is insane. With those numbers I should've gotten an AT4 instead!

I have to agree that if all things are as equal as possible the AT4 is the better value. So with destination charge the equivalent At4 to my trail boss is only about 1500 more but you do get some nice features for that 1500.

- auto dimming rear view , good I wish mine had this.
- heated rear seats
- cooled front seats
- auto up and down front driver/passenger windows.
- auto down rear windows
- memory seats

Probably some others I am forgetting.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, HapaTrailBoss said:

Their advertised pricing is insane. With those numbers I should've gotten an AT4 instead!

They wanted to add $2500 to the price if I didn't use their financing??? I got their advertised price matched locally in Oregon and didn't need to fly in and drive back  

29 minutes ago, Jmonty said:

They wanted to add $2500 to the price if I didn't use their financing??? I got their advertised price matched locally in Oregon and didn't need to fly in and drive back  

Wow, I bought mine 3 weeks ago. The incentive to use their financing was $1000. 

AT4 is based on the SLT trim, where Trail Boss LT is based on RST.  I know, its called Trail Boss "LT" but the option packages line straight up with RST, not LT. 

You can get more for the $$$ with AT4/5.3. 

It all depends on what features you need or want. I was able to load up a Trail Boss the way I like it for $4k CAD less than an AT4 but the fanciest feature I need is heated front bucket seats. Also, some people don't like the interior colour scheme of the AT4.

And some people prefer the exterior looks of the Chevy over the GMC, I know I do, though both certainly look really good and I'd be happy with either. You can also (apparently) put bigger wheels on the chevy, which is important considering this is a "trailboss" thread. The AT4 will rub quicker with bigger wheels due to the design of the wheel arches.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 2:47 PM, BLACK AT4 said:

Interesting it changed to only $1000 but it worked out better for me anyway.

• 4 months later...
On 3/14/2019 at 2:16 PM, Jmonty said:

On 3/14/2019 at 2:47 PM, BLACK AT4 said:

What exactly is the deal with them requiring to use their financing? Im assuming they make up the $2500/$1000 difference in the time they require you to keep their financing for?