Buick Slashes Prices For Its Top-Selling Crossovers, Over $9,400 Off MSRP

Gorehamj

buick encore offers march 2019.png

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
3-19-2019

GM's import brand, Buick, is slashing its prices on the most popular vehicles in the company's lineup. Each of the company's top-selling models are discounted by double-digit percentages. The Encore subcompact crossover makes up about half of Buick's total sales. Buick is now offering discounts of up to $6,276 a whopping 23% of its new-vehicle price. These are 2019 model-year vehicles, not leftovers. 

envision deal buick.png

The Envision two-row crossover is now being discounted by as much a $7,015. The Enclave is being discounted by a staggering $9,423. 

buick tv advert.jpg

Buick is running television advertisements tied to the March madness hoop tourneys to promote the fire sale pricing. There are impressive deals on the Regal and Cascada and also the Lacrosse available. 

Check out Buick's website for details on the deals being offered through the end of March.  

Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Cadillac (dead and revived and ready to die again) and now Buick. Gee is this a pattern? Mercury and Plymouth? Lincoln dead and back and dying again. Which one do you think will go next, Chevy or GMC? GMC doesn't make cars and half the Chey lineup is gone. Most of Fords cars are too. Dodge is on life support and who in their right mind would buy a JEEP? What is left of GM is under siege in court over transmissions, eight speed, brake booster failure and power steering issues. Hey but who needs to steer or stop, right? And now.....auto drive electric. :shakehead: 

I'm only one guy in eight billion people on this planet but it seems the focus group bean counting profit oriented mentality is telling us that we want something were don't really want and it isn't going so well for them.

What I want is a full sized passenger car that is rear wheel drive and not made like toilet paper. A half ton truck that isn't the size of a White/Volvo that is built for the long haul and a really good whisky.  :thumbs:

They could be giving away the Encore and I wouldn't get in line. Buicks are....were really great cars, once upon a time. And before someone says we all want SUV's explain to me why they are drowning like rats on the Titanic. 

3 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Dodge is on life support and who in their right mind would buy a JEEP?

MANY people still buy Jeeps.  And based upon the resale value of the Wrangler, they still love em.  Jeep and the Caravan and eventually the early 90s redesigned Dodge Ram is what kept Chrysler corp going from the late 80s onward until Honda and Crapota figured out how to build a good minivan in the 2000s, and then the Caravan sales tanked.  But  Dodge Ram and Jeep kept em going, with a little addition from the Charger & Challenger. 

I predict we'll eventually see Lincoln go bye bye along with Buick and possibly.. Cadillac.  As for GMC.. we'll see how well they sell, but if the shitty sales figures for the shitty looking 2019 Silverado and Sierra as of right now are any indication, unless they do a quick redesign and up their game- GMC will go bye bye.  But I think they'll be around for a few more years yet. 

Please don't get me wrong.  I want GM, Ford, and Dodge to be successful.   There are products from all 3 that I've owned over the years and liked.  GM Trucks especially.  But they all have a lot of work to do to earn consumer trust back.  That is the biggest thing I believe is hurting them right now. 

Chevy would have had me and the wife buying their cars again if they had been a little more reasonable with the SS import they sold for a few years. It would have been a natural for me being a multiple rear drive impala buyer years ago. Instead she drives a Genesis. It performs close to the SS we got it for 20K cheaper. Going on 8 years of problem free driving with 2 years of warranty left. I’m not a hater just a realist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

GM seems to sell what they want you to buy.  The idea of getting rid of the American made Impala because of lack of sales is kinda BS.  True they didn't sell a lot of Impalas, and sold more incentivized Malibus.  However, any time the Impalas have an incentive they sell like crazy. 

8 hours ago, Colossus said:

MANY people still buy Jeeps.  And based upon the resale value of the Wrangler, they still love em.  

Which shows there an not allot of people left that are in their right minds. :uhoh:

A Jeep is a bread box mounted to a roller skate that cost the price of a Cadillac. :rolleyes: 

Which shows there an not allot of people left that are in their right minds. :uhoh:

A Jeep is a bread box mounted to a roller skate that cost the price of a Cadillac. :rolleyes: 

My renter, real nice young lady. Has a lifted smaller Jeep. Has leather all that. Last year after a heavy rain she stopped to chat. I noticed no carpet. I asked her about it. She kinda laughed and said it leaked real bad from the rain. The carpet started to smell and she removed it. Her Jeep is a hard top. She didn’t think it was a big deal and said she really loved her Jeep. I asked about rattles, wind noise. Her answer was yes, again no big deal. Jeep owners are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk