Gorehamj

A Clear Trend Emerges - GM Will Import Its New Family Vehicles

Every time you spend a dollar, you cast a vote for the future economy/world you would like to live in. 

• Like 3

On 6/14/2019 at 7:03 PM, HondaHawkGT said:

It's a common theme across the whole industry right now. Even brands like Toyota, that some many people think are "more American made" than the domestic brand vehicles, are investing in production plants in Mexico right now. Most Tacoma's sold today are imported from Mexico. Toyota has been threatening to move Camry production back to Japan because tariffs and other increased expenses of manufacturing in the US have made it cheaper for Toyota to build them in Japan. Honda is a unique exception but the auto industry changes quickly, so who knows how long they stay in the US.

The Japanese automakers are really more at the mercy of the yen/dollar exchange rate than many other factors. Also, at this point Honda is really almost an American company. They're thought of as a much larger company here than they are back home. In Japan, they really don't have that much market share, especially compared to the giant Toyota. Out of the vehicles with the highest US parts content, 6 out of the top 10 are Honda/Acura products. 

On 6/17/2019 at 3:17 PM, L86 All Terrain said:

Every time you spend a dollar, you cast a vote for the future economy/world you would like to live in. 

Well put! I realize that it is increasingly difficult to buy domestically made products but I do my part wherever I can. Honestly I have been known to buy something that I wouldn't have otherwise bought because it's made in the US or Canada. I'm sure that I'm not the only one out there. More need to do it though. 

Not in the market for any of these  and don't expect I ever will be. Chevy/Gmc trucks til I die! haha

1 hour ago, Likarok said:

Not in the market for any of these  and don't expect I ever will be. Chevy/Gmc trucks til I die! haha

Or you get let down like so many others. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Gorehamj
      John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      7-9-2019
      GM-trucks.com is testing the all-new 2019 Chevrolet Blazer over the coming two weeks. We are just a few days into the testing and we are already in love with this vehicle. It has many great features that we are planning to go into great detail on in a long-format review soon. One of the most impressive features is the new rear camera mirror our RS tester came equipped with.

The new camera mirror is dead simple to operate. The mirror is still a reflective mirror until you flip up the little tab we used to call the dimmer. Once that is done, the image changes to the camera view. The camera view is wider, brighter, and higher in resolution than what one sees in the reflective mirror. 

It is so good, and so wide, we found that we no longer needed the side-view mirrors in most circumstances. The camera performed great in daylight, at night, and in the rain. GM cleverly incorporates a washer for the camera that is located directly next to the backup camera on the rear tailgate above the license plate. When you wash the rear window the camera also gets a spritz. 

If you happen to be at a GM dealership ask someone there to let you check out the new rear camera mirror in one of the vehicles. You will instantly fall in love with this new technology. If you own a GM vehicle with the camera, please tell the membership how you like it so far in our comments section below. 
    • By Gorehamj
      John Goreham
      5-30-2019
      Buick will import its Encore GX starting in 2020 and add it to its already impressive line of crossovers. The Encore GX will slot in between the smaller Encore and the larger Envision model. The Encore GX has about 5 cubic feet more than the Encore and is about 3 cubic feet smaller than the Envision. With this new model, Buick now will have four premium SUVs across three U.S.-market crossover segments; small, compact and midsize. 

“As we look to the future of Buick, the Encore GX positions us strongly as a consideration for those who want to purchase small or compact SUVs,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president, Global Buick, and GMC.

Buick is almost entirely a crossover company now in the U.S. with 90% of sales coming from crossovers. That will only increase when the new Encore GX arrives in early 2020. GM-Trucks.com will bring you more details as they are released. 

• By Gorehamj
      John Goreham
      3-31-2019
      General Motors has decided that displaying Mexican-built crossovers just 3.4 miles from where it is closing a Michigan plant is not a great idea. The promotional display at Comerica Park was set to highlight GM's new vehicles for opening day. The UAW, among others, noted the Blazer is not built in the U.S. GM is closing plants in the U.S. and Canada, and shifting work to lower-cost of labor areas such as China and Mexico in order to keep costs down. 
      GM has opted to remove the Blazer and replace it with one of the many crossovers the company does assemble in the U.S. In a statement, GM said in part, "American workers contribute significantly to the success of the Chevy Blazer. The Blazer will pump more than a half-billion dollars into the U.S. manufacturing economy each year, helping support thousands of good-paying U.S. Jobs." Comerica Park is about 3 miles from the GM Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly plant, which GM is leaving "unallocated."

Related Story: General Motors Tries Two Ways To Dodge Tariff On Chinese-Built Buick Envision Import

• By S15newguy
      Anyone help with battery tie down used in 1989 S15? I can't figure out what factory method was used to secure battery in place.
      thanks
    • By Gorehamj
      John Goreham
      3-19-2019
      GM's import brand, Buick, is slashing its prices on the most popular vehicles in the company's lineup. Each of the company's top-selling models are discounted by double-digit percentages. The Encore subcompact crossover makes up about half of Buick's total sales. Buick is now offering discounts of up to $6,276 a whopping 23% of its new-vehicle price. These are 2019 model-year vehicles, not leftovers. 

The Envision two-row crossover is now being discounted by as much a $7,015. The Enclave is being discounted by a staggering $9,423. 

Buick is running television advertisements tied to the March madness hoop tourneys to promote the fire sale pricing. There are impressive deals on the Regal and Cascada and also the Lacrosse available. 

Check out Buick's website for details on the deals being offered through the end of March.