Motor Trend Reviews the WT

44 minutes ago, pathetic said:

How about being baffled by NOT being able to get a long bed with a v8 except in a WT, whine all you want but chevy has dropped the ball big time .. they're last place in everything now, suspect design, crappy interiors, no options that make a difference.. I've driven nothing but chevy my entire life ... up to now, screw you chevy, I've waited over 10 years for a decent new chevy truck and it ain't happening now, I'm done buying any new chevrolets.

So you’re departing here?

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:49 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

When to Rochelle today to the GMC/Chevy/Buick dealer and had me a look see. Not the WT but trims link the High Country. Nine trucks total. Seven of these $50K PLUS trucks looked like they were built by a group of angry fifth graders. Ripples, dents, paint that looked like it was applied by brush. Bed seam sealer unfinished and unpainted. Body plugs missing. Panel gaps amiss. Seams in seats sewn askew.

Motor Trend was being kind. 

The ONLY issue I took with this guy was his explanation concerning crank window and the reason for their demise. His statement that if they sold they would still be around. They ALL sold. This is bean counters move. Someone want to stand up and tell me that well collectively quite caring about fit and finish? That we are all good with buying a $50K PLUS truck that looks like it's been in a demolition derby then sent to a first grade finger painting class. YOGO's had better body and paint that this. That isn't an opinion. That's a fact. My BS meter is PEGGED. :puke:

It's hard to even consider that your post has merit when you can't even get the spelling for "Yugo" correct...

:seeya:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

I’m not baffled by that. Nobody buys them. I thought we’ve been over this. You either need to buy a time machine or a Ford.

You say nobody buys them but i am see them all over place. Every contractor or landscaper owns one. GM is missing the boat.

Something is going on with paint jobs lately. I have vehicles ranging from 27-18-13-8-2 years old. My newest is chipping like crazy. I’ve spent more time with touch up paint on my newer car than the others combined. You brush your foot against the paint getting out it’s gone. My newest is a Camry made in the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, pathetic said:

really? that's all you have to say? I suppose you're ok with chevy being last place? open your eyes .. 

Because it isn’t last place. You know what they say about opinions...

My eyes are open. My truck is being built this week. 

Seriously, starting with your user name your entire intent here was to bitch and moan. Either be constructive about the brand we are all here to support or go over to TTAC or somewhere else where unhappy people can gripe in droves. 

21 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I watched a chicken play The Star Spangled Banner on a child's piano on AGT a few seasons ago.  Your not capable????  Sound's more like unwilling. That said I'm not opinion bashing. I love to hear others experiences....if relevant and meaningful.

I go on a web site that sells tires and read customer reviews. Tire Rack has such an appliance. I read only those reviews for those how have logged over 70K. Why? Because the idiot whose bashing the set the he wore out in 5K miles told me with the miles he doesn't give a crap about his car or at minimum it totally oblivious to it's mechanical state.  I want the opinion of someone with some experience and expertise. Anyone who has obtained 70K from a 50K tire has proved he has both. 

So brand X pulls Y load up some hill faster than all the others....ONCE.....Do I need a truck that will tow a motor home up a hill faster than a Kenworth hauling steel or do I want a truck the will do it forever like a Kenworth. As impressive as his review is....it doesn't tell me anything that isn't superficial. 

Lastly everyone who responded to my contributions seems to be missing the part where I said USE TO BE (Past Tense) 10 pages of advert and the remainder content. It got like this because??????? I was a leading question meant to draw out thoughtful discussion.

Instead it does what it always does. Devolve. Enjoy your argument. :seeya:

I've seen young kids program a computer (write software), but I don't expect you to be able to do my job (software dev). But you could, right? You just don't want to??

You're logic is not logical.

2 hours ago, Gagliano7 said:

You say nobody buys them but i am see them all over place. Every contractor or landscaper owns one. GM is missing the boat.

Certainly in the HD platforms. Definitely not half tons. No matter what your anecdotal observation might be, if GM’s (and Ram’s) market research showed that people were buying long box half tons, especially higher trims, they would make them. How dumb does everyone think GM is?

• Like 1

Ram and Ford make 2 door trucks in many configurations and engine choices. Maybe GM can’t compete? I see the same thing going on with cars. Other manufacturers making interesting cars, rear drives too. I always believed if you make an interesting alternative people will come. What do I know? Coming from a thriving medium business that sells equipment. I know a thing or two about how to drawl in business.

8 hours ago, the wanderer said:

I've seen young kids program a computer (write software), but I don't expect you to be able to do my job (software dev). But you could, right? You just don't want to??

You're logic is not logical.

How is it a guy who can code went straight to stupid. You're saying I don't have the ability to code? Why would you assume that?  

That be as is may, it wasn't the point and I'm pretty sure you understand that...or maybe not. The exchange was about ABILITY not ones current state of knowledge. Don't be one of those guys who confuses Education with Intelligence. I gave the guy more credit for his intelligence than he gave himself. He didn't complain....what's your dog in the fight? 

17 hours ago, Limelight said:

It's hard to even consider that your post has merit when you can't even get the spelling for "Yugo" correct...

:seeya:

https://www.onlinecollegecourses.com/2012/01/24/15-famous-thinkers-who-couldnt-spell/

Review the list and try again. By your standard none of these peoples works have merit. 

Researching a project and run across Gale Banks video’s on differential covers. Five to date covering this series. When I watched these some things became obvious.

Banks doesn’t make products in the ‘me too’ fashion. I’m not sure he even cares about being part of a market where the answers to the questions his mind asks have already found viable solutions. Ditto where no solution is required. The factory part works just fine.

Guys like Banks are rare as hens teeth. Not that you can tell from the endless stream of bloggers claiming all manner of claim. Vendors without credential selling a cure to something that isn’t a problem or…selling a solution to a problem that does exist but the cure cures nothing but that bulge in your wallet. Banks lays out a half dozen of these guys in a few minutes like cleaning todays catch and with just about as much thought.

Smokey Yunick, Carol Smith, Carol Shelby, Jack Roush, Allen Johnson, Steve Kinser…shall I continue? Every mothers son with a keyboard thinks they are an extension of this list and if not they know a guy on You Tube or some blogger they think should be.

It’s what happens when you give out trophies for participation.  

9 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Ram and Ford make 2 door trucks in many configurations and engine choices. Maybe GM can’t compete? I see the same thing going on with cars. Other manufacturers making interesting cars, rear drives too. I always believed if you make an interesting alternative people will come. What do I know? Coming from a thriving medium business that sells equipment. I know a thing or two about how to drawl in business.

The new body style Ram regular cab didn’t even make it out for 2019. Obviously not a priority for them either.

On the GM front...70% of sales are crew cab, 18% double cab, 12% regular cab. Of that 12% I would speculate most of that is fleet buyers who are buying only the cheap shit anyway.

I can’t speak for them but I do own a business as well, and GM likely doesn’t see a point in trying to attract the remaining 2% of buyers with higher equipped regular cab or long box half tons.

“If you will build it, they will come” only goes so far. You aren’t going to convert crew cab owners back to a regular cab. Not me anyway.

The new body style Ram regular cab didn’t even make it out for 2019. Obviously not a priority for them either.

On the GM front...70% of sales are crew cab, 18% double cab, 12% regular cab. Of that 12% I would speculate most of that is fleet buyers who are buying only the cheap shit anyway.

I can’t speak for them but I do own a business as well, and GM likely doesn’t see a point in trying to attract the remaining 2% of buyers with higher equipped regular cab or long box half tons.

“If you will build it, they will come” only goes so far. You aren’t going to convert crew cab owners back to a regular cab. Not me anyway.

They’d make nice little sport trucks. A few years ago a tv show called gears did a show on the 2 door Ram. Starting price was 22K with the Hemi. Showed how to install leather, a super charger a few other goodies for about 30K. I don’t think a family would go for that either. Cheaper than a V-8 car. They don’t advertise those trucks because there’s not as much profit. Another little red express truck would sell like crazy.

• Like 1