Anything you hate about your truck?

1 hour ago, rkj__ said:

I think that if everyone shared that opinion, there would be a lot less discussion on this forum about how to disable the feature. 

I totally agree.  As a matter of fact, there would probably be no discussion if everyone agreed with my comment!  Where I differ from some others is if my AFM was the cause of " surging, noise, and vibration" I'd take my truck in for warranty repair rather than look for ways to eliminate this feature.   I believe it is designed to operate seamlessly as it does in my current truck.  If my truck was out of warranty and AFM was becoming problematic then I may consider a delete.   

As with my 14 GMC I have family members who have cylinder deactivation in Rams and Hondas I can feel the transfer in them too. In the Ram I hear it in the exhaust too. I didn’t point it out to my brother in law, it would drive him crazy. I’m pretty in tune to it. You know it’s going to happen as soon as you feel an incline. Some people choose to tune it out, I’m the opposite. That’s why I can’t own one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of you guys will never be happy. Sounds like you want a Bentley pickup truck.

Just because Dodge has a bigger screen you want a Dodge? Sad.

Bigger sunroof? Should have bought a Ford then. Push button start? Big deal you forgot how to turn a key?

Better backup camera? I only use mine to hook up a trailer not watch T.V.

Warnings on the screen? Big deal get over yourself already .

I could go on and on.

Unbelievable 

It's a truck not a Escalade.

I like both my trucks for what they are . Trucks.

My first truck was a 71 Chevy  

If you ask me they have come a long way since then. A long way.

• Like 6

Just now, chris15706 said:

The seatbelt buckle haha. It always ends up in that position from passengers and it rattles against that door panel.

I have that issue in my car but it only arose once my wife started riding with me regularly (when we were dating). Some people these days just don't have the respect for a man's ride to leave it the way they found it. 

6 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Some of you guys will never be happy. Sounds like you want a Bentley pickup truck.

Bigger sunroof? Should have bought a Ford then. Push button start? Big deal you forgot how to turn a key?

I could go on and on.

Unbelievable 

So far I haven't read about anything I couldn't live with except the shake, which I'd hope to catch on a test drive. That wasn't the case when I was browsing the Tundra forum. 

29 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

So far I haven't read about anything I couldn't live with except the shake, which I'd hope to catch on a test drive. That wasn't the case when I was browsing the Tundra forum. 

I'm not taking about mechanical issues. Everyone hates them. It's the conveniences some guys must have. 

I have enough ringing in my ears already?  Really, the door chime has to be that loud?

How about power windows?  Every time I push or pull the switches up or down....IT'S THE REAR WINDOWS!!!!!!  Because the switches are so far forward on arm rest.

The seat belt....thanks for the pictures I hate that too!  Hanging and clanking!

I had to put a placard on my engine air intake filter Box because every time I went for service they would have to open it up and never secure it back properly because the one screw is such a PITA!  Please don't touch my air box people it could be the last straw for me.................

Edited by mookdoc6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dieselfan1 said:

I could go on and on.

Unbelievable 

Seems like people love to piss and moan about most everything for sure. Of coarse mfg's like to promote all this blah blah bling shit as important , got to have it or you just aren't Joe Kool. Package this stuff into a truck that is built with the cheapest parts you can source and give them a monetary colonoscopy . They will piss and moan and bend over and get in line .

You guys wanting more electronic shit crack me up.  I want LESS ELECTRONIC nanny shit on my vehicles.  Adaptive cruise?  Give me an effing break.  I can hardly keep the dam thing out of the dealership for all the codes it likes to throw.  Some of you guys don't need a truck.....you need to go back to your beamers and imported shit so you can get all the electronic crap you seem to need.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1