Uncomfortable driver seat in AT4 with vibrating seats inserts (safety package)

I've got a 2020 LTZ that I just picked up this week with safety package and cooled seats.  Truck has about 200 miles on it and I can't drive it any more.  Has made my right leg go numb.  Definitely related to a the mechanics under the seat and not enough cushioning.  I never would have noticed it if I didn't spend at least 50 mins driving it at once.  Now, I can't even make it to the store without my leg hurting.  Called the dealer who will run it up the flagpole on Monday.  I realize they're going to tell me to pound sand. 

I guess my alternatives are to get a gel pillow which defeats the heated/cooled seats as well as the vibrating (which I didn't know about and really don't want.)  Other options are taking a financial bath and selling it at a loss or a Hail Mary is perhaps the dealer will cancel the sale because the trucks are in demand in my area.

Extremely disappointed in these seats and now as a result, this truck.  Completely unusable for me.

If you got a smokin’ deal on the purchase price, try pricing out an offer for Carvana or Vroom to buy it from you. They seem to be paying good money for our trucks right now. They’ll buy mine from me for more than I paid in November last year.

9 hours ago, bamorris2 said:

If you got a smokin’ deal on the purchase price, try pricing out an offer for Carvana or Vroom to buy it from you. They seem to be paying good money for our trucks right now. They’ll buy mine from me for more than I paid in November last year.

GM Family First pricing.  It was OK.  Not too many smokin' hot deals out there in this market.  Used trucks are in high demand.  But I'll definitely be looking at these companies as well as Carmax if I'm not able to find a viable option.  I ordered something called the Purple Everywhere Seat cushion and it looks like it might help.  Seems to be low profile with padding in the right places.  Plus is looks like it lets air flow through and the heated/ventilated seats would still work.  https://purple.com/seat-cushions/every-where

I tried the purple cushion and didn't particularly care for it, also it says not to leave it in the car all day. I'm in Texas and have a black truck so it gets to probably 140 in there after being outside a while, not sure if that will actually start to melt it or what.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

not only is it uncomfortable does anyone here find the folding middle seat where the plastic holds the seatbelt pokes them in the leg ?  the design is just so bad 

YUP!

Shame nothing beats the seats that came in the gmt-800 line, my 05 silverado had essentially two lazy boy recliners in them. My 14 while not terrible were certainly nowhere near as good as the ones in my 05 and looks like they have gotten worse which is not surprising. My 14 seat cover is also ripping apart with the fake carbon fiber look vinyl on the all terrain lines, first seat cover i will have ever had to replace in my 3 decades of driving now..

1208888689_JumpSeat.thumb.jpg.3f72c01f3c3d5243df4fd7f887bd7510.jpg

19 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

Are you telling me you got a bench seat in your truck? it doesn't come with a center console?

I have a fold down, middle jump seat with a safe beneath it.

Edited by Gangly

1 hour ago, Gangly said:

Its not a 2LT, just an LT.  To be honest, I am unaware of a 2LT.

2020 Crew Cab LT Z71 Texas Edition - $39,600 before TT&L

ya I miss read that. there is a 2LT 2019 my bad.  but ya I had the same problem its unbearable. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a similar issue with my 2020 TB in which the front bucket seats were not comfortable after a 20 minute drive (out of town).

I played around with my driver seat and got the settings right that made the seat much more comfortable, and I verified this with an hour round trip drive (out of town) - about 70 miles.

The passenger seat on the other hand which only had reclining and front-back adjustments would need to have some additional cushioning which would be achieved by adding additional padding underneath the bottom cover or by an external cushion on top of the seat.

One of my neighbors has a 2019 AT4 with a similar issue and elected to use external cushions on the seats.

I have about 15000 on mine and the seats are a little firmer but I use my tilt on the front so it doesn't cut into my legs. Longest trip so far has been 800 miles stopping once for gas but they're nothing like my 2016 this one is 2020 AT4

I currently have a 2014 GMC Sierra. When I test drove a 2019 Sierra, the first thing I noticed was that that the 2019 seats were much firmer. After the test drive, I returned home with my 2014 Sierra and noticed that my 2014 seats were much more comfortable.  The 2022 Sierra model is supposed to get a new interior (basically the 2021 GMC Yukon interior). I hope the seats are upgraded in the 2022 and are more comfortable. I am holding out for the 2022 model.