Uncomfortable driver seat in AT4 with vibrating seats inserts (safety package)

On 4/22/2019 at 10:08 PM, SierraAT4 said:

I haven't seen anybody else mention this so maybe something is missing from my truck or installed incorrectly.

I have an AT4 with the preferred, tech, and driver alert 1 and 2 packages.

My seat rumbles with alerts. That's great, but after 2200 miles my seat has become incredibly uncomfortable. It's to the point where I'm going to have to take it to the dealer to ask them if this is installed correctly, you can press into the padding and easily feel the devices that do the rumbling. The passenger seat is so much more comfortable. 

I'm at the point where I'd rather them rip out the vibrating things if they have no way of making the seat more comfortable.

Has anybody else experienced this?

I posted this same issue back in 2017 with my high country, search it and you can read how many hated the seats, now to 2019 nothing has changed, my 19 sierra slt has the same uncomfortable seat. nothing will fix it, on my 17 I had the cushion removed repaded, vibrators moved and other tweaks to the tune of 500 bucks and it was only slightly better. I read the 2018 up seats were being built by someone else but they must have built on the same platform as they even look the same. GM is aware and I was contacted on here by a rep. no help they really don't give a crap about a lot of things these trucks do. I have just learned to live with it on my new truck. 

Edited by DaveHC

I miss the lazy boy style seats that my 05 silverado had, they started going cheap in the 06-13 models and continued that trend with the 14's and up.

To those that think GM will recall or re-engineer the seats in the new line of trucks lmao, you must be new to GM. Unless these seats are prying up off the floor in accidents or safety hazards after a couple hundred people die, they ain't never going to change or improve them sorry that is just not the way this company operates or ever has for that matter. 

I drive my truck about 800 miles a week. I now have 8600 miles on it. After reading this thread I made sure to check things out on my LTZ.

I have to say, mine is OK, my seat could be a little more comfortable but that's another thread.

Tom

On 4/22/2019 at 10:08 PM, SierraAT4 said:

I haven't seen anybody else mention this so maybe something is missing from my truck or installed incorrectly.

I have an AT4 with the preferred, tech, and driver alert 1 and 2 packages.

My seat rumbles with alerts. That's great, but after 2200 miles my seat has become incredibly uncomfortable. It's to the point where I'm going to have to take it to the dealer to ask them if this is installed correctly, you can press into the padding and easily feel the devices that do the rumbling. The passenger seat is so much more comfortable. 

I'm at the point where I'd rather them rip out the vibrating things if they have no way of making the seat more comfortable.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Yes in my 2017 Yukon SLT Premier.  I traded it in and made sure my new Silverado doesn't have all the seat vibes!!!!  Very uncomfortable on longer trips for sure.  Did like the ac in the seat though LOL. 

On 9/17/2019 at 7:25 PM, Mikedfw said:

Man this is really disheartening to hear. I drive between 800 and 1200 miles per week also, have to have comfortable seats. Dont want to buy ram because of the reliability, same with ford, had major issues with them. Buying a new truck in about 3 months really cannot decide what to do. 

Find a dealership that's willing to let you take a truck for an extended test drive. 

8 hours ago, Mikedfw said:

That's what I'm planning on doing. 

I'm really on the fence between a 2020 Elevation 5.3/10 speed NHT and a Tundra SR5. I've decided I'm just going to do an extended test drive of both and buy the one I like driving better. 

The seats are too narrow and the seams atop the bolsters of my leather seats dig into my thighs, especially on the left side. I love this truck, but this discomfort is making me want to get rid of it. As others have posted, I don't want to go to a RAM because of the horror stories, but man are the seats and the cabin in general are SO much more comfortable. 

Edited by DA MNTN

On 10/8/2019 at 5:35 AM, Cpl_Punishment said:

I'm really on the fence between a 2020 Elevation 5.3/10 speed NHT and a Tundra SR5. I've decided I'm just going to do an extended test drive of both and buy the one I like driving better. 

Did you end up deciding ? I have been thinking of giving up my Silverado for a Tundra 

1 hour ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

No, I haven't gotten around to doing any test drives yet. Been busy lately. Why are you thinking of switching?

Because of this issue of discomfort. Also Cabin feels really tight. Other than that I love this truck. 

1 hour ago, DA MNTN said:

Because of this issue of discomfort. Also Cabin feels really tight. Other than that I love this truck. 

I've been perusing the Tundras.com forum and I'm a little concerned that it appears that Toyota eliminated their auxiliary transmission cooler for 2019. From what I've been reading, most Tundra transmissions get up to 215 degF when towing but the pre-2019s run around 190 when not towing while the 2019s and 2020s appear to run at 215 all the time. Some folks claim that Toyota went to a new transmission fluid that doesn't break down at those temperatures but I'd still be concerned about long term transmission reliability. 

16 hours ago, DA MNTN said:

I think a big part of the issue is the oversized center console. It should be slimmed down some and extra room added for seat comfort imo. Do people need a foot wide storage space in between the seats so they can have a file system in it, i think it's time to get rid of that and make it more comfortable for the driver and passenger. I hate the look of the split bench in the lower packaged trucks but there is no denying how much more comfortable it is to sit in and drive imo.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

I've been perusing the Tundras.com forum and I'm a little concerned that it appears that Toyota eliminated their auxiliary transmission cooler for 2019. From what I've been reading, most Tundra transmissions get up to 215 degF when towing but the pre-2019s run around 190 when not towing while the 2019s and 2020s appear to run at 215 all the time. Some folks claim that Toyota went to a new transmission fluid that doesn't break down at those temperatures but I'd still be concerned about long term transmission reliability. 

No matter how hard i try Toyota and Nissan as just so out of place in the truck market right now. The Tundra especially which is so in need of a complete redesign, it is literally a 15 year old design now, no one should be buying them imo! The interior screams and i mean screams early 2000's cheap crap plastic garbage.

• Like 2