Uncomfortable driver seat in AT4 with vibrating seats inserts (safety package)

9 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

No matter how hard i try Toyota and Nissan as just so out of place in the truck market right now. The Tundra especially which is so in need of a complete redesign, it is literally a 15 year old design now, no one should be buying them imo! The interior screams and i mean screams early 2000's cheap crap plastic garbage.

I don't mind an older design because it should theoretically have fewer problems than these new computers on wheels but I'm really not a fan of being forced to have all the obnoxious safety nannies they insist on putting in for people who refuse to pay attention when driving. Cheap plastic interior enables them to sell a decently optioned model for $10k less than GM. Lol

• 5 weeks later...

Is this only an issue with the Safety package.  Are the regular seats okay.

I was set to purchase a Trail Boss until I sat in the AT4 and liked the seats better.  The Chevy has higher bolsters on the seat pan and not as comfortable...

so I thought.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my sierra for a few days and my thoughts on it now are that they are definitely too firm, at least the seat bottoms, I cant feel anything from within the seat poking or anything, but the foam they use is just really, really firm. I do like the firm seatbacks personally, I feel those are nice and supportive. 

They aren't the worst seats I've sat in, but definitely could be better. After driving for several hours I'm definitely feeling it a little bit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have a 19 Sierra LTE just pretty basic but this is the most uncomfortable driver's seat I have ever had. Seat is a little narrower than my 16 Sierra but a LOT narrower than my 13 Silverado. Side supports are awful and cause me pain in the a$$ within minutes. I think I needed a bigger butt to cushion the bad seat. Seat belt extension thingy on left front side of console is also a sore spot, literally. Guess that wasn't designed by a guy with long legs that has that right in the way when resting leg while on cruise. Horrible interior design in many ways.

Edited by Gillyman63
Bad spelling

On 10/6/2019 at 8:13 AM, Cpl_Punishment said:

Find a dealership that's willing to let you take a truck for an extended test drive. 

This. I took min for a 1.5 days before I decided to buy. Drove it to work and back, errands. I didnt just take it and let it sit in the garage. I drove it to test it. 

Dont any of you complainers drive these before buying? I cant imagine dropping the cash for these without testing the driveability. Only way to know if its to your liking. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HONDABBQ said:

This. I took min for a 1.5 days before I decided to buy. Drove it to work and back, errands. I didnt just take it and let it sit in the garage. I drove it to test it. 

Dont any of you complainers drive these before buying? I cant imagine dropping the cash for these without testing the driveability. Only way to know if its to your liking. 

I ended up ordering my truck from a small dealership that wouldn't let me take a truck on my own for a long test drive claiming something about insurance (and I think it might have been their only 2020 in that trim). So the salesman got to ride along with me on a 2 hour test drive. I would have liked to take it longer and do more testing but at least this was better than just taking it around the block. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 6:54 AM, HONDABBQ said:

I did but drove roughly 30 minute stretches, thought that would be enough, but I was wrong.  I can go about 30-45 minutes before it starts getting really uncomfortable.  These are probably the second worst seats I've had in a vehicle and it is making me regret my purchase a bit, love the truck otherwise.

I ordered a cushion that should get here tonight, hoping that will help enough, but man GM missed the mark with these seats. 

• 4 months later...

New body 19. The seats are ridiculously uncomfortable. I hopped in my leased Ford  after a week of driving the new Silverado and thought I was in a luxury vehicle. GM really dropped the ball on the seats and on the interior storage ( there is none)

Comfort is all subjective. Someone could just as easily feel that GM nailed it with these seats. It’s one of the reasons that a good test drive is important. I drove mine around for over an hour (without the salesman present) in an effort to make sure it was comfortable, free of rattles, etc.

Don't mind the firm seat bottom but that vibrating thingy makes me feel like something is in my back pocket. More than once I thought I left my cell phone in my back pocket. I recently retired and I rode a motorcycle for a living, to me a firm seat is more comfortable than a soft squishy one over long distances/times.  I gotta figure out how to remove the vibrating thingy.

Don't mind the firm seat bottom but that vibrating thingy makes me feel like something is in my back pocket. More than once I thought I left my cell phone in my back pocket. I recently retired and I rode a motorcycle for a living, to me a firm seat is more comfortable than a soft squishy one over long distances/times.  I gotta figure out how to remove the vibrating thingy.
The vibrating thing drives me nuts. I can feel the edge of it around my back pocket like you said. A lot of people like firm seats, it is subjective, but these are, in my opinion, ridiculously firm.

I dont like the bolsters on the cushion either, they are rock hard and I think they are what are causing my feet to start going numb after a while.

Now I drive a lot daily, minimum of about 160 miles up to a out 300. If I didnt have to drive that much I could probably tolerate it, but as it is, at the end of the day my butt hurts and my toes are numb by the time I get home. If I try to change my position on the seat to get more comfortable, then I'm dealing with the vibrating mechanism poking at me more or the bolsters digging into my legs more. They really are, to me, the most uncomfortable seats I've had in the dozen or so vehicles I've owned.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I concur with the AT4 seats.  I couldn't feel them when the truck was new (2020, just shy of 2000mi now) and I can feel both alert vibrators easily through the side seat cushions and rides any longer than 20-30 minutes get very uncomfortable with them poking into your thigh/back pocket area.   I don't mind that the seats are firm, but you can easily feel with your hand on the sides of the seat where the units are at, passenger seat is much more comfortable. 

I also agree the seats are narrow, I'd happily take a 2" narrower console and add an extra inch of width to both seats.    Also for being firm, they don't actually hold you in the seat very well cornering etc. 

I'd take my 98' S10 seats back in a heartbeat over these, and they were 22 years old with almost 300k miles when I got my AT4. 

On 7/1/2019 at 7:20 PM, Derrick300 said:

I have less than 300 miles on mine and I'm already getting sore legs on the side after 15-30 minutes.  It feels like the the side cushions on the bottom are rock hard and certain point are pushing in to the side up my legs. Quickly becoming not fun to drive over 20-30  miles.

No vibrating or cooled seats here, but I agree 100%.  It feels as though the side bolsters for the seat cushion part of the chair push up into the bottom of my thighs and its very uncomfortable.  I now have 14k miles on the truck and its better, but still uncomfortable.  I feel like an old lady, but If I have to drive more than an hour in the truck i usually place another cushion on top of the seat to keep the side bolsters from pushing up into the bottom of my thighs.

The seatbelt attachment on the center console digs into the top of my thigh on long trips.  I went so far as to disassemble the jump seat hoping I could simply remove that plastic cover to get rid of the corner that digs into my thigh, but there is a steel bar directly under the cover so no solution there.  I'm not sure why GM just didn't put the seat belt attachment for the jump seat on the other side so the passenger would have to deal with it instead of the driver.

Edited by Gangly

I've got a 2020 LTZ that I just picked up this week with safety package and cooled seats.  Truck has about 200 miles on it and I can't drive it any more.  Has made my right leg go numb.  Definitely related to a the mechanics under the seat and not enough cushioning.  I never would have noticed it if I didn't spend at least 50 mins driving it at once.  Now, I can't even make it to the store without my leg hurting.  Called the dealer who will run it up the flagpole on Monday.  I realize they're going to tell me to pound sand. 

I guess my alternatives are to get a gel pillow which defeats the heated/cooled seats as well as the vibrating (which I didn't know about and really don't want.)  Other options are taking a financial bath and selling it at a loss or a Hail Mary is perhaps the dealer will cancel the sale because the trucks are in demand in my area.

Extremely disappointed in these seats and now as a result, this truck.  Completely unusable for me.

I've got a 2020 LTZ that I just picked up this week with safety package and cooled seats.  Truck has about 200 miles on it and I can't drive it any more.  Has made my right leg go numb.  Definitely related to a the mechanics under the seat and not enough cushioning.  I never would have noticed it if I didn't spend at least 50 mins driving it at once.  Now, I can't even make it to the store without my leg hurting.  Called the dealer who will run it up the flagpole on Monday.  I realize they're going to tell me to pound sand. 

I guess my alternatives are to get a gel pillow which defeats the heated/cooled seats as well as the vibrating (which I didn't know about and really don't want.)  Other options are taking a financial bath and selling it at a loss or a Hail Mary is perhaps the dealer will cancel the sale because the trucks are in demand in my area.

Extremely disappointed in these seats and now as a result, this truck.  Completely unusable for me.
I'm in the same boat, drive about 200 miles a day. I experimented with a lot of adjustments on my seats and found that the lower I put the front/thigh support, the less problems I have with going numb. It used to take about 20 minutes for my toes to start going numb. Now it takes about an hour.

Horrible, horrible seats and still not comfortable, but I would just try a new seating position until you find one that is tolerable. Took me a long time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk