Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

9 minutes ago, Kozzy said:

@Sin City Trail Boss @truck_newbie Thanks for clarifying gents. Sounds to me like your noise issues with TB and AT4 equipped trucks is different than non-equipped trucks’ jingle jingle.

I must have not seen it, but does @truck_newbie have a TB? If so, what is he experiencing ?

9 minutes ago, Kozzy said:

@Sin City Trail Boss @truck_newbie Thanks for clarifying gents. Sounds to me like your noise issues with TB and AT4 equipped trucks is different than non-equipped trucks’ jingle jingle.

I don't know whether to be happy or sad. When I get my truck back, provided my issue is still not fixed, I'll perform the 4wd test to see if it goes away. Could it be that the 2" lift changes the sound profile of the jingle?

5 minutes ago, truck_newbie said:

I don't know whether to be happy or sad. When I get my truck back, provided my issue is still not fixed, I'll perform the 4wd test to see if it goes away. Could it be that the 2" lift changes the sound profile of the jingle?

Do you have an AT4 or TB? Also, what symptoms are you experiencing?

6 minutes ago, Sin City Trail Boss said:

I must have not seen it, but does @truck_newbie have a TB? If so, what is he experiencing ?

I have a AT4. Mine rings without sounding like a bell. It's almost like a heat shield that's rattling really fast. It also happens 45mph and greater. I can get it to repeatedly happen when I press the pedal lightly while cruising. 

6 minutes ago, truck_newbie said:

I have a AT4. Mine rings without sounding like a bell. It's almost like a heat shield that's rattling really fast. It also happens 45mph and greater. I can get it to repeatedly happen when I press the pedal lightly while cruising. 

Weird. Have a video of it? Go away in 4x4?

My TB has a clicking (went away) and the jingle only once in the morning. I posted the video above.

Edited by Sin City Trail Boss

6 minutes ago, Sin City Trail Boss said:

Weird. Have a video of it? Go away in 4x4?

My TB has a clicking (went away) and the jingle only once in the morning. I posted the video above.

I saw ur video but not sure if mine sounds like that. I stumbled onto this post a bit late so didn't realize there was a 4x4 test for this issue. I'll perform that test when I get my truck back from the dealer, provided the issue still persists. 

17 minutes ago, truck_newbie said:

I saw ur video but not sure if mine sounds like that. I stumbled onto this post a bit late so didn't realize there was a 4x4 test for this issue. I'll perform that test when I get my truck back from the dealer, provided the issue still persists. 

Just so you know, the first time I took my truck in they found a TSB for some wire harness near the transmission that was lose and needed readjustment. They thought it was that at first. Wonder if yours is related to that instead?

7 minutes ago, Sin City Trail Boss said:

Just so you know, the first time I took my truck in they found a TSB for some wire harness near the transmission that was lose and needed readjustment. They thought it was that at first. Wonder if yours is related to that instead?

That's good to know. Do u have the number for that TSB?

20 minutes ago, gmcsierra71 said:

If the issue is with the SU4 axle and the SU5 axle is OK, how would you know when buying a new 2019/2020 model if the truck has a U4 axle?

The dealer can use the the VIN and look up the truck's build sheet. Every option on that truck will be listed there, including which front axle it has.