Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

Has been ~ one month since parts were ordered. So far no call from dealer so I'm calling today. In Georgia they get three repair attempts before there is a breach of warranty - but, I wonder if not being able to get in parts to make repairs impacts that requirement? If I have to go lemon law route then I am going to be asking for a buy back. 

1 hour ago, Tom Cox said:

Has been ~ one month since parts were ordered. So far no call from dealer so I'm calling today. In Georgia they get three repair attempts before there is a breach of warranty - but, I wonder if not being able to get in parts to make repairs impacts that requirement? If I have to go lemon law route then I am going to be asking for a buy back. 

Two of the three parts are in. So more waiting on repair that most likely isn't going to work.

hi all   just got a call that my trucks new differential is in so they will start work on her tuesday  how long does  it take any guesses was just wondering this will be 4 times for same noise i think its gonna be a lemon??

Truck is ready to be picked up. I will look to see the numbers on my axle and take a picture. Shocked they called me late today and not late tomorrow. Gm also called me yesterday wanting to talk about extending my warranty. I’m still trying to figure out if I want to take compensation or fight for a new truck. I don’t think an extended warranty alone will make me happy enough to keep her. I’ll keep you posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

So way to early to tell if it’s fixed. I drove it about 100 miles today with no noise. Here is the picture of the code of the new differential if anyone is able to read it
470871210924cafe52e3bcdcfc6d023a.jpg

Yup definitely a new axle. Mine is an AAHD and I’ve seen AAJF. The GM axles I’ve seen were AAJ8. AAKG seems to be the newest iteration and hopefully has all the issues fixed.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 8:33 PM, Thejet07 said:

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if it was new or just laying around. I would also like to know if it’s an aam axle. Is there a way to find that out?

It is an AAM axle. The AAKG sticker being in that location on the axle is the tell-tale.

If it were a GM axle, the sticker is on top of the axle not on the bottom. The 2”x2” “GM” symbol is also cast into the axle housing on the rear left side of GM axles.

On 10/11/2019 at 12:31 PM, Wheelguy said:

The stub shaft is available, just not through Customer Care Aftersales (CC&A, formerly GM Service Parts Organization).  Read right above that - it tells how to order the stub shaft (in red box below).

PIP5653B_p2.png.26740f3178998ff44929d11b3d2cccdb.png

All that "This PI will be updated...." part means is the Parts Information section (parts list) will be updated with the correct part number once GM has settled on which stub shaft is actually going to fix the issue & when there are enough in inventory where they don't have to be special ordered.  Granted, this document isn't worded in a manner that is perfectly clear either, IMO.

Great info here @Wheelguy 

As an update, I have had the "fix" completed 3 weeks ago and jingle HAS NOT returned. I did ask the SERVICE MGR directly whether or not the stub shaft/"front wheel drive shaft" as the bulletin references and he could not provide a definitive answer. He did agree that the PIP bulletin was poorly written.

My truck is at the dealership NOW getting the rear window serviced and this request with contact to GM TECH has been added to my RO. Hopefully, they're able pop a new stub shaft in so I can have greater confidence the full repair has been completed.

On 6/29/2019 at 9:36 AM, Silverado4x4 said:

The problem is with the AAM  front differential in 2wd, mine has the GM stamp logo on the axle housing and doesn't have that problem.

Upon my Email request to customer service  [email protected]  they sent me a printout of all RPO codes and their definitions for my 3 vehicles. Came in handy for identifying not only the SU5 GM front axle without crawling underneath but also MQE tranny code showing it had the new Mobil1 HD fluid....also list confirmed oil cooler and tranny cooler and other items not shown on the Maroney sticker.

So Chevy called me today to waste more of my time. Said my dealership is dealing with tech assistance and they’re trying to decide the next course. Either keep trying to fix it or buyback. Gm exec asked for two more weeks. For what? My answer was supposed to be by tomorrow. It’s pretty clear to me if I want to end this I have to lawyer up. I just wish more of you guys have better luck than myself with a fix. Unfortunately, this is not the only problem I’m having which is the reason why I’m pushing so hard for a buyback.