Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

On 10/27/2019 at 6:14 AM, Thomcat said:

Upon my Email request to customer service  [email protected]  they sent me a printout of all RPO codes and their definitions for my 3 vehicles. Came in handy for identifying not only the SU5 GM front axle without crawling underneath but also MQE tranny code showing it had the new Mobil1 HD fluid....also list confirmed oil cooler and tranny cooler and other items not shown on the Maroney sticker.

How do you know MQE has the new fluid? - Mine shows MQE but a build date of 2/19, which I though indicated old fluid....    

29 minutes ago, Chris Callanan said:

How do you know MQE has the new fluid? - Mine shows MQE but a build date of 2/19, which I though indicated old fluid....    

My build date is 11/18 so I must have the old fluid. Is GM replacing the fluid to the new stuff free of charge/warranty or TSB?

The August TSB https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163890-9999.pdf  says    

• Vehicles that are presented with TCC shudder should have the appropriate fluid exchange procedure completed. Diagnosis beyond the customer compliant is not required if vehicle was built prior to production dates indicated above.

Unfortunately, it also says it only applies to Transmissions M5U and M5X, - neither of which seem to be offered in the T1s.  (Only MQE for the 8 speed) - so not sure where the M5U/M5X come from - they are probably in the older models.

Does anyone have a TSB for the 2019 Sierra/Silverado models?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have updates on this? Gm called me asking to set up appt with a field technician as part of their buyback decision. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to drive due to a back injury which required surgery. Today, I agreed to schedule an appointment as this will be my last hoorah with them before I hire a lawyer if they don’t agree on the buyback. Just wondering how everyone else is making out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/6/2019 at 6:06 PM, Thejet07 said:

Anyone have updates on this? Gm called me asking to set up appt with a field technician as part of their buyback decision. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to drive due to a back injury which required surgery. Today, I agreed to schedule an appointment as this will be my last hoorah with them before I hire a lawyer if they don’t agree on the buyback. Just wondering how everyone else is making out?

My BBB arbitration is scheduled for Monday November 18th. GM still is refusing to replace even though the squeak continues.

30 minutes ago, ct_corey said:

You think you won BUT they are raping you on usage charges. 

At how many miles did your truck start to make the noise? 

It had about 3000 miles when it first started. I won the usage charges have been negotiated in half from the initial offer. It’s all good. Everything is always open to negotiation. It will soon be gone and the headache over.

Edited by ILSilverado
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

That usage charge is rape. I would only allow charges of those 3000 miles. And that’s a maybe. I would still fight them. Otherwise, congrats

That’s what I did because from there on down it was no longer working properly.

Those charges are BS. Ford tried that in 13 when I bought a total lemon eco boost. I was able to prove I put milage on another vehicle and wanted the same rate they got. I settled for 75% rate. I still lost just over 2k on the whole ordeal. Considering all the issues, especially the brakes, you guys did well. Great job!

congrats  hope all is well  my truck has beenin shop 5 times for jingle jingle  previous times the service manager was able to hear it but this last time they heard nothing but i can still hear it so what to do i guess i will try your route see what happens  what kind of truck you go with now????