Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

On 11/30/2019 at 5:35 PM, Tischmic said:

Gm would not buy mine back. But did cut me a check for $8000. Took 3 months. Did it all myself. I actually came out ahead on the deal, paid $44k for the truck. Got $40k for trade in. Bought a 3/4 instead. 

Did you negotiate the 8k or was that their first offer? 

congrats  i should be so lucky  they are holding my truck hostage  seems that they are having trouble finding my jingle and also waiting for them to get an ecm replacement been two weeks already  maybe ita a good deal tho cause i just about have my 30 days to go lemon plus they have tried to fix or find my noise with 5 repair times  what a waste

17 hours ago, Tischmic said:

Their first offer was $3000. Went back and forth with several different people. Took a while. 

My attorney is dealing with the samething right now.  I got the first offer but it was too low. We countered and now 2 weeks later we are still waiting to see what they come back with. It seems they are trying to avoid this going to arbitration so hopefully we settle.  Seems like they like to really draw out this process. 

2 hours ago, ct_corey said:

My attorney is dealing with the samething right now.  I got the first offer but it was too low. We countered and now 2 weeks later we are still waiting to see what they come back with. It seems they are trying to avoid this going to arbitration so hopefully we settle.  Seems like they like to really draw out this process. 

Oh they do. And they constantly gave my case to different people. I feel like every week I was dealing with someone else. 

36 minutes ago, Tischmic said:

Oh they do. And they constantly gave my case to different people. I feel like every week I was dealing with someone else. 

how long did it take you after they gave you their first offer? Some people on here said that gm got back to them with a counter offer right away, and some said it took weeks at a time. 

1 hour ago, ct_corey said:

how long did it take you after they gave you their first offer? Some people on here said that gm got back to them with a counter offer right away, and some said it took weeks at a time. 

First offer was about 2 weeks. 

guys i know this is off topic but with you all being so knowledgable could you give me some direction as to a buy back   is that the way to go first i have already requested that and my service manager is behind me 100%  so what would you all do thank you very much for any help

So I’ve lurked on this thread for a while as I bought a 2019 Silverado 1500 LTZ with the 6.2 a couple months ago. After seeing this I obtained my build sheet and unfortunately it has the sU4 axle code. I’ve got just under 2,000 miles on it and haven’t had a problem yet. Is this pretty much guaranteed to hit me at some point? Basically I want to throw a leveling kit and some bigger tires on it, but I’m afraid I’ll develop the jingle down the road and then they can fight me with the level/tires.

I had the 2019 RST and it was full of issues.  The replacement 2020 has zero issue.  I can't say for sure about the differential sound because the temperature hasn't reached a high enough mark to make the sound yet.  I'll know more late spring or summer.  I have always loved Chevrolet and their trucks.  This is my 6th and my last.  

On 12/6/2019 at 9:02 PM, pearlymae19 said:

guys i know this is off topic but with you all being so knowledgable could you give me some direction as to a buy back   is that the way to go first i have already requested that and my service manager is behind me 100%  so what would you all do thank you very much for any help

The service manager doesn't have anything to do with the buyback.  You can start the process with GM, but from feedback on here people haven't had the best luck. I would consult and lemon law attorney. Most of them don't charge anything and will negotiate GM paying their fees into the settlement. 

If you want to try GM first, call the 1800 customer service number and request a buyback.  I honestly would go the lemon law route. 

On 12/7/2019 at 12:04 PM, WV-Anderson said:

So I’ve lurked on this thread for a while as I bought a 2019 Silverado 1500 LTZ with the 6.2 a couple months ago. After seeing this I obtained my build sheet and unfortunately it has the sU4 axle code. I’ve got just under 2,000 miles on it and haven’t had a problem yet. Is this pretty much guaranteed to hit me at some point? Basically I want to throw a leveling kit and some bigger tires on it, but I’m afraid I’ll develop the jingle down the road and then they can fight me with the level/tires.

My '19 High Country with the 6.2 and SU4 axle has been trouble free thus far (knocking on wood) with the exception of the leaky rear window which was finally fixed. I just cracked 17K on the odometer.

If you're going to modify your truck I would make sure you keep the original parts for awhile so you can switch them back if you run into problems. After reading the horror stories in this thread you can bet GM will fight you tooth and nail if you mod the truck.