Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

So glad I found this thread.  Been dealing with the jingle since about 2000 miles on the truck. now at 19K. Going to be making a trip to the dealer to get this documented.  

I mentioned the squeak in the past and they kept brushing it off.  Massive play in the drivers axle.  And the dreaded lifter slap.

My dealer said they were gonna order a new axle shaft and repair it.  Then got a call yesterday and they said they were going to replace the entire differential.  I'm wondering if they figured the problem out or if it just easier to replace the whole unit.  Question is, would it be better to have one fixed with the proper shaft or roll the dice on a new diff that has the same issues.  2300 miles.  Will I have to wait 500-1000 miles for it to start?  Who knows.  This is frustrating. 

I have a follow up appointment next Monday. They told me there is a very specific order in which they have to order parts for GM to cover the issue.

Feel like I will not see the truck for a few weeks while it is at the dealer.

I had my differential replaced twice and it did not work, however they came up with a new fix replacing  stub shaft parts, They did this back in early December and so far no noise. I have driven in hot weather and no noise, that always seemed to make it worse.

On 4/22/2020 at 8:17 AM, z71 man said:

I had my differential replaced twice and it did not work, however they came up with a new fix replacing  stub shaft parts, They did this back in early December and so far no noise. I have driven in hot weather and no noise, that always seemed to make it worse.

I had mine replaced just look back in this thread it worked for about 2000 miles but then came back again. My replacement truck a 2020 has 4600 miles on it now and its silent thank God. They may have made improvements to the differential even since I got my bad replacement one. Its worth the try since my 20 is noise free now. Im guessing the whole diff needed a rework and now the new versions are finally out. Good Luck!

Edited by ILSilverado

I have a 2020 1500 custom 4x4 with 1700 miles on it and im hearing the sqeaking chirping noise in the front wheel area while going slow it varies with speed guessing i have the same problem. Grrr i just traded a 2018 Colorado with 9000 miles in on this new truck because of all the tranny problems i was having!

On 4/22/2020 at 9:17 AM, z71 man said:

That's kinda why I wanted them to replace the shafts.  I have a sinking feeling that unless its a differential out of a different lot that didn't have problems, then I will be screwed again.  

On 4/24/2020 at 11:23 PM, cooooldman103 said:

I have a 2020 1500 custom 4x4 with 1700 miles on it and im hearing the sqeaking chirping noise in the front wheel area while going slow it varies with speed guessing i have the same problem. Grrr i just traded a 2018 Colorado with 9000 miles in on this new truck because of all the tranny problems i was having!

WoW what is your build date? Mine is November. Built in Mexico. Almost 5000 miles now and no sounds (YET)

Edited by ILSilverado

Build date was 10/19 Roanoke IN. Im about done with Chevrolet! I also have the pulsing brakes like the ABS is kicking in when lightly pressing the brake at slower speeds!

Mine does this too, when very lightly touching the breaks at parking lot speeds. Pretty annoying.

On 4/26/2020 at 11:01 AM, cooooldman103 said:

Build date was 10/19 Roanoke IN. Im about done with Chevrolet! I also have the pulsing brakes like the ABS is kicking in when lightly pressing the brake at slower speeds!

My 2019 was built in Indiana also squeaked like hell. My new south of the boarder Truck no issue at all. However even that one month in build date could make a difference.

On 4/26/2020 at 11:01 AM, cooooldman103 said: