Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

13 hours ago, Otherguy said:

Not true, I have an AT4 with the SU4 front axle that made noise...

Dealer was finally able to get the stub shaft out with a wedge. They had to pull the diff cover, and put the wedge between the center pin and stub shaft to get it out. When the shaft was reinstalled with the PIP parts, the shaft went right back to touching the center pin. Me and the tech saw it first hand and it didn't look right. Oh well, the noise maker 7000 is put back together and still making noise, just not as loud... Yet...

Otherguy, the way I am understanding it is, the stub shaft has left and right free play and it hits the center pin, is that correct? If that is the case, do you know how much free play there is, and would it be possible to shorten the stub shaft to prevent it from hitting the pin?

16 days in he shop and I finally get the truck back. Still not fixed!!! GM has updated the TSB to not take in or order anymore parts for this issue for the near future. They are claiming unavailable of parts.

Beyond fed up with the lack of quality control from GM.

36 days in shop total for issues over the last 9 months. Filing lemon paperwork now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/7/2020 at 12:52 PM, jqcitizen said:

16 days in he shop and I finally get the truck back. Still not fixed!!! GM has updated the TSB to not take in or order anymore parts for this issue for the near future. They are claiming unavailable of parts.

Beyond fed up with the lack of quality control from GM.

36 days in shop total for issues over the last 9 months. Filing lemon paperwork now.

I know it’s miserable,  File a claim with the BBB and make them take it back!

Just started all my BBB stuff yesterday as well.

On 6/5/2020 at 8:28 AM, RAYS B4U said:

Otherguy, the way I am understanding it is, the stub shaft has left and right free play and it hits the center pin, is that correct? If that is the case, do you know how much free play there is, and would it be possible to shorten the stub shaft to prevent it from hitting the pin?

I'm sure if the shaft was shorter, we wouldn't have these issues... but hey I am not an automotive engineer, so what do I know?

GA does not accept the BBB as a certified organization for Lemon Law. You can use it, but the GA consumer protection division has all the forms you need to submit at no cost.

Per state law GM has to have this resolved in 20 days from filing. Let me tell you it does not happen that fast. This is my second lemon in a row. Fist one took over three months before I had a replacement vehicle.

I spoke with my Senior GM service advisor yesterday and was rudely informed that due to COVID they are not processing buyback or replacements at this time.

Funny how they think their policy can negate state law.

Sorry to spam with updates. GM repurchase department just called. The Sr service advisor is very wrong in the information they are providing.

GM is still processing lemon exchange and buybacks. But there is a back log from them being closed for a month.

My advice is to call often to stay at the front of the line with this process. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I had the stub shaft replaced in the Fall. Just took it on its first 100km highway trip since the fix and it's making the same noise. Back to the dealership it goes. 

What are my lemon law options in Canada? This will be the fourth time in for the same issue now. 

I had the stub shaft replaced in the Fall. Just took it on its first 100km highway trip since the fix and it's making the same noise. Back to the dealership it goes. 

What are my lemon law options in Canada? This will be the fourth time in for the same issue now. 

Take a look at the Canada Office of Consumer Affairs site.

There are no “Lemon Law” provisions in Canada but they have their own process.

One such is the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan (CAMVAP).

On 6/11/2020 at 6:55 AM, lov2fish said:

About how long does the process take, once the claim is filed with the bbb? Just filed claim, faxed and uploaded documents.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Expect it to take 2 to 3 months.

3 hours ago, lov2fish said:

Thanks, but it doesn't matter now. I found a good deal on a Tundra and got rid of the POS.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yea, don’t blame you one bit.