Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

Seems to me that if GM was looking at saving their reputation, customers and vehicle status, they would pay the lesser of what it would take to fix the vehicle. If they are unable to repair the vehicle by fixing the SU4 axle, it would be cheaper to replace the axle with the SU5 axle that has no issues than to face a barrage of Lemon Law suits. Most of the time, a Lemon Law suit that does not go the customers favor, that customer goes and buys a truck from a different manufacturer.

Yes, every manufacturer will build a vehicle that will have issues. It boils down to what the manufacturer classifies their customers as. Most customers that like new vehicles are like me. All I want is a vehicle that will give me 5-7 years of good service, then I trade it in on another. I am past the age of buying a used vehicle with over 100k miles that might last 2-3 years, costing me more and more money to keep going. So, in my case, in the long run, it is cheaper for me to buy a new or newer vehicle. (PS. I have to buy the wife a new one too, and yes, she happens to like GM also... :) )

Sorry for the blah, blah, blah... but this is all in my opinion.

I have a 2020 Denali with the same axle code and it’s build date is March 2020. I guess we will see how it holds up. It has the play I have seen in the videos. I am at 500 miles and it is silent.

2 hours ago, Mrhyde said:

I have a 2020 Denali with the same axle code and it’s build date is March 2020. I guess we will see how it holds up. It has the play I have seen in the videos. I am at 500 miles and it is silent.

Mine started at 4000. I was silent too.....

Hey, all. Our team would like to research your concerns further. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN:Forum Username/ GM Trucks with your contact information, VIN, brief description of your concern,  and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC. 

Aleigha W. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 12:31 PM, GMCustomerService said:

Hey, all. Our team would like to research your concerns further. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN:Forum Username/ GM Trucks with your contact information, VIN, brief description of your concern,  and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC. 

Aleigha W. 

Concerns are well documented.  Start shipping out SU5 replacement units with a build sheet addendum.  

• Like 2

I agree, the solution above (bshort) is the only solution that will make me comfortable/trust this truck. Knowing that I have a known and well documented failure that is waiting to surface is just as bad as having it already surfaced. The fix is a part swap to the axle without the manufacturing defect until a tooling/casting change can be done to the SU4. I have never seen so much play in a front CV axle to differential. I can only imagine with centrifugal force the damage it will do over time rattling around in the differential/ axle housing.

Aleigha W. please help with moving this issue forward for us. There are 62 pages of customer issues. I have spent a lot of money as has everyone here on a truck we want to trust and depend on. 

Edited by Mrhyde
Spelling
  • Like 1

Aleigha this has been an on going thing for quite some time. Kind of disappointing that it took this long for involvement. Many of us here have wasted days worth of time, taking off work, missing kids game, you get the point. Myself, as well as many others had multiple repairs and even front axle/diff replacements and still not fixed. Like the last two posts mentioned. The su5 seems to be the fix. I’ve been told by gm reps to just trade it in and take a loss. It amazes me the nerve. I worked hard to afford this truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/1/2020 at 12:31 PM, GMCustomerService said:

Aleigha W. 

Reached out and was referred somewhere else, as supposedly being in Ca made a difference.  The Ca rep called and was absolutely useless.  Figured I was wasting my time.  

• Like 1