Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

Jingle Jingle gone??!!

Last fall I had PIP5653B done on my HC and right after it was done I still could hear the jinglejingle. But now at 10k miles it seems to be gone, I've made two 2 hr trips and I can't hear it anymore. Temp has been around 80°, I tried varying my speed,  put it in AUTO and back into 2hi, I can't hear it. 

Not ready to start jumping for joy...I'll keep listening!

9 hours ago, RAYS B4U said:

Jingle Jingle gone??!!

Last fall I had PIP5653B done on my HC and right after it was done I still could hear the jinglejingle. But now at 10k miles it seems to be gone, I've made two 2 hr trips and I can't hear it anymore. Temp has been around 80°, I tried varying my speed,  put it in AUTO and back into 2hi, I can't hear it. 

Not ready to start jumping for joy...I'll keep listening!

Fingers crossed for you.

Curious... why can't they just replace the SU4 with the SU5??

I've owned nothing but Chevrolet Silverado's, for over 40 years. I purchased a 2019 and it had the 8 speed transmission shifting issues. The dealer traded me into the 2020. It has the infamous jingle jingle. The dealer has done the repairs according to the PIP. And it still makes the noise. 

11 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

It changes your vin #.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing that small can change the VIN#. It is just a parts replacement modification. It would just change the vehicle build sheet information.

Your VIN never changes.

It's assigned to the vehicle as it is built and designates certain things about it as it was built and where it was built.  That never changes, even if your parts are changed.

Axles are not represented in the VIN.

Edited by AJMBLAZER

The fix is the su5 axle. That changes the vin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not following what you’re saying... Are you saying that if someone swapped out their AAM axles for the GM axles, their VIN would change?

This is a very confusing statement.
  • Thanks 1

I brought my 2019 sierra in for a second time earlier this week for the axle noise, I was told today that GMC recommends doing the same fix as before where they replace the shaft however the dealer cant order the part and was told to just occasionally check back and see if its available. No ETA available, not sure how I feel about this.

Here is a video I took showing the noise while driving, strapped my phone underneath my truck:

https://youtu.be/01wdKt3hdD8

Edited by Nagol1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nagol1 said:

I brought my 2019 sierra in for a second time earlier this week for the axle noise, I was told today that GMC recommends doing the same fix as before where they replace the shaft however the dealer cant order the part and was told to just occasionally check back and see if its available. No ETA available, not sure how I feel about this.

Here is a video I took showing the noise while driving, strapped my phone underneath my truck:

I just watched your video, it is the exact same noise that my 2019 High Country has. They have replaced my axle shaft too at about 5k miles...still made the noise for awhile. In the past few weeks I have made a couple of 2 hr long trips with temps in the low 70° range, and yesterday I went out for about  a 45 min drive when the temp was about 85°,  now I can't hear the noise!!?? I even wore my electronic hearing protection I use for shooting which also amplifies normal sounds, still couldn't hear it! I don't know what's going on, but wonder if whatever is causing it has "wore in"?

Thanks for the outstanding video!! I am going to send a link to it to my Service Adviser.

6 hours ago, Nagol1 said:

Awesome video!!  ?