Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

Thanks lov2fish, what did it take for them to finally replace the diff?
Dealer replaced stub shaft and parts listed in bulletin 5653. When that didn't work, dealer contacted Chevy and they said something about probably no clearance between new stub shaft and cross pin when hot and to replace the front differential. I looked at paperwork on repair last night and it listed the differential and also listed a front axle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, lov2fish said:

Dealer replaced stub shaft and parts listed in bulletin 5653. When that didn't work, dealer contacted Chevy and they said something about probably no clearance between new stub shaft and cross pin when hot and to replace the front differential. I looked at paperwork on repair last night and it listed the differential and also listed a front axle.

Thanks, I have read on others customer work orders about the stub shaft possibly rubbing on the cross pin. I'll mention that to my service advisor and see if they'll replace mine too. 

58 pages and they still haven’t figured this problem out yet... I’m hoping to get a 2020 Trail Boss in the near future but maybe I’ll just hang onto my 2018 Colorado ZR2 until the 2021 or 2022 Silverados are out... whenever they have it figured out.

58 pages and they still haven’t figured this problem out yet... I’m hoping to get a 2020 Trail Boss in the near future but maybe I’ll just hang onto my 2018 Colorado ZR2 until the 2021 or 2022 Silverados are out... whenever they have it figured out.

Just don’t buy it if it has the su4 differential from aam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

Just don’t buy it if it has the su4 differential from aam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s the easiest way to check for those specs while I’m out surfing the Chevy lots, or do I have to use the VIN to find that online?

44 minutes ago, EricTheRed said:

What’s the easiest way to check for those specs while I’m out surfing the Chevy lots, or do I have to use the VIN to find that online?

When you find a truck you like just ask the dealer to pull the Build sheet up. Takes 5 minutes and don't cost anybody anything. Sheet will have a bunch of alphanumeric codes listed. You want Frt axle code SU5 which is the GM sourced axle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RetChief said:

When you find a truck you like just ask the dealer to pull the Build sheet up. Takes 5 minutes and don't cost anybody anything. Sheet will have a bunch of alphanumeric codes listed. You want Frt axle code SU5 which is the GM sourced axle.

Thanks, I’ll do that.

Hot day/long trip and it's back. Little over 6000 miles since diff. Change.

Test drive a Ford F150 yesterday. Even though nice, still like my Chevy better. May look at a GMC with a su5 axle and be done with it.

3 hours ago, lov2fish said:

Hot day/long trip and it's back. Little over 6000 miles since diff. Change.

Test drive a Ford F150 yesterday. Even though nice, still like my Chevy better. May look at a GMC with a su5 axle and be done with it.

I went through this all last year Its the Dog chasing its tail it ALWAYS comes back. Contact the BBB and file a lemon law buyback case its your only ticket to relief. If they repurchased mine for the same issue what makes yours different? They know they are defective.