Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

On 9/13/2019 at 12:40 PM, lworley said:

I’ve had so many issues with my 2019 RST and still have them. The differential has been replaced twice and it still chirps at higher speeds but isn’t so bad the slower ya go. The transmission has all but been replaced and it still slams into gear like someone rear ended me. Last week I went to the lake and was pulling my bass boat up a pretty big hill and the truck shook and vibrated like it was gonna explode. Worst purchase I’ve ever made. Hope it’s just a lemon and I got unlucky. Still working on a replacement truck. The process of that alone is an extremely agonizing one. Hope to see a fix soon. 

Any luck with the buyback? I have a 19 Rst same issues, trans, front end, as well as rear window leak, paint problems. I was offered money so far but no buyback yet. 

My clicking went away. So weird!!

I get the jingle but only when leaving my driveway and my rear end jumps a bit, but that's it.

At this point I won't get the fix. At least until a permanent fix is found.

You guys think any damage is being done if left as is?

hey thank you all for the imput i have a 2019 ltz crew cab with the 5-3 engine  if it wasnt for these forums i would not know what i should be doing or not doing anyway i also have the jingle jingle truckhas been in shop 3 times no success they have done all the mentioned repairs you all have putforth to no avail so whats next???

16 hours ago, pearlymae19 said:

hey thank you all for the imput i have a 2019 ltz crew cab with the 5-3 engine  if it wasnt for these forums i would not know what i should be doing or not doing anyway i also have the jingle jingle truckhas been in shop 3 times no success they have done all the mentioned repairs you all have putforth to no avail so whats next???

Apparently Gm doesn’t know either. ??‍♂️

36 minutes ago, Tischmic said:

Apparently Gm doesn’t know either. ??‍♂️

I have a feeling we could have another "Chevy Shake" thing here. We may never get a fix for this.Very disappointing and hard to believe that with all of the General Motors engineering they can't figure out where a noise is coming from.Or maybe they don't want to know.

6 minutes ago, B.R.67 said:

I have a feeling we could have another "Chevy Shake" thing here. We may never get a fix for this.Very disappointing and hard to believe that with all of the General Motors engineering they can't figure out where a noise is coming from.Or maybe they don't want to know.

They are going to have a lot of buybacks and upset customers if they don’t think of something soon. Mine seems to be getting louder I was actually able to record it last night. 

20 hours ago, Tischmic said:

Any luck with the buyback? I have a 19 Rst same issues, trans, front end, as well as rear window leak, paint problems. I was offered money so far but no buyback yet. 

I replied earlier but somehow didn't upload.  I'm still in the process of the buyback.  With each case worker I speak with the details change.  One hoop after another to jump through.  

18 minutes ago, lworley said:

I replied earlier but somehow didn't upload.  I'm still in the process of the buyback.  With each case worker I speak with the details change.  One hoop after another to jump through.  

I’ve only been dealing with 1 so far but they sure do like to drag things on. My guess is they hope people will give up. 

They tell me part of the process is having technical assistance and the field engineer look at it. I told them, “isn’t it just what my state law deems and not what you think deems applicable”? She said she would get back to me. Lol. After my next visit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Hydro4acid said:

Is this entire problem just a sound thing or is there potential for damage?

Any sound like that especially coming from a differential means that something is wearing in an improper way which will eventually lead to something breaking. Could be at 10,000 miles or 100,000 miles when your warranty is expired which I’m sure GM would prefer the latter.

The main thing is, the truck is not performing as intended. Even if it is just a noise and not a mechanical problem, it is reasonable for a consumer to assume that when buying a new vehicle it should be free of this defect. If the manufacturer cannot fix the vehicle under warranty and within a reasonable amount of time, the company should replace the product or issue a refund. 

21 minutes ago, Z06JPB said:

Any sound like that especially coming from a differential means that something is wearing in an improper way which will eventually lead to something breaking. Could be at 10,000 miles or 100,000 miles when your warranty is expired which I’m sure GM would prefer the latter.

The main thing is, the truck is not performing as intended. Even if it is just a noise and not a mechanical problem, it is reasonable for a consumer to assume that when buying a new vehicle it should be free of this defect. If the manufacturer cannot fix the vehicle under warranty and within a reasonable amount of time, the company should replace the product or issue a refund. 

Figured, but thought I would ask in case someone more knowledgeable in the area could chime in.

My 2020 Denali has it, can hear it mostly st highway speeds. Nothing crazy but it's there.

Sounds like wait a bit to see if fixes are coming. 

On 9/22/2019 at 12:58 AM, pearlymae19 said:

I have an SU4 axle that seems to be preforming correctly. So far 3500 miles and no noises or any other issues. I’ve never had to take it in, it’s been fine since day one.

After examining many SU4 axles and SU5 axles, I’ve determined that the issue is internal to the differential. GM technicians coming out for a look is a waste of time in my opinion. What GM needs to do is take one of these trucks back to the Tech Center in Warren, MI and perform a thorough analysis of the issue. 

Many forum members and some dealer Techs think the issue is the stub shaft being too long. Unfortunately, GM hasn’t manufactured a new part to address this yet. GM dealers can only do so much; they replace parts with new ones and that’s it. This is where is would be handy for GM dealers to have a machinist that could modify the part. If all that’s wrong is the stub shaft is 1/16 to 1/8 too long, a machinist could take care of that easily. Otherwise, we will be waiting a while for GM to make a new a new part.