Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

Going in for the "fix" this upcoming Monday. Parts took ~3 weeks to arrive. Not having high confidence based on the feedback I see on this topic.

Question- would the "TB" 2 inch lift kit (GM-84629787)  fix this issue since it comes with new front CV shafts? Anyone have experience going this route? Just a thought...

55 minutes ago, Kozzy said:

Going in for the "fix" this upcoming Monday. Parts took ~3 weeks to arrive. Not having high confidence based on the feedback I see on this topic.

Question- would the "TB" 2 inch lift kit (GM-84629787)  fix this issue since it comes with new front CV shafts? Anyone have experience going this route? Just a thought...

The CV shafts aren’t the problem. And both TB and non-TB trucks can have the issue appear.

The problem is internal to the axle. SU4 axles (made by American Axle) are affected while SU5 (made by GM) are not affected.

27 minutes ago, Z06JPB said:

The CV shafts aren’t the problem. And both TB and non-TB trucks can have the issue appear.

The problem is internal to the axle. SU4 axles (made by American Axle) are affected while SU5 (made by GM) are not affected.

I had my truck to another dealership today. this was recomended by my GM advisor due to the incompetent service dept at the dealership I purchased the truck.service manager and I went for a drive  and within 1 mile he heard the jingling. I said the other dealership tech said he could not hear any noise? The service manager stated he would not want to listen to this jingling noise either .

I showed him copies of the service bulliten. I told him nobody has had any luck on the repairs for this. He agreed we should wait for a while and see if there is any progress made on the fix for this.very helpful service manager and staff at this dealership.they just gained a new customer for service and new purchases. 20 years buying  5  new trucks and  1 car at the other place...no more ...see ya!!. I will be in contact with my advisor to see if she can gain more knowledge on the progress of a proper repair for this issue.keep you posted

50 minutes ago, B.R.67 said:

I had my truck to another dealership today. this was recomended by my GM advisor due to the incompetent service dept at the dealership I purchased the truck.service manager and I went for a drive  and within 1 mile he heard the jingling. I said the other dealership tech said he could not hear any noise? The service manager stated he would not want to listen to this jingling noise either .

I showed him copies of the service bulliten. I told him nobody has had any luck on the repairs for this. He agreed we should wait for a while and see if there is any progress made on the fix for this.very helpful service manager and staff at this dealership.they just gained a new customer for service and new purchases. 20 years buying  5  new trucks and  1 car at the other place...no more ...see ya!!. I will be in contact with my advisor to see if she can gain more knowledge on the progress of a proper repair for this issue.keep you posted

Sorry to hear that. It definitely doesn’t take much to lose confidence in a dealer’s abilities and move elsewhere.

If they are offering you new CV shafts under warranty, I suppose it’s worth a try. They are the easiest part to change in relation to the front driveline unlike tearing into a differential or replacing the entire axle as many forum members have had done. Still, I’m pretty sure GM engineers would have figured out by now if it were a CV shaft issue rather than an axle issue. 

• Like 1

Do any of you guys with the jingle have a level kit. I wonder if a level would make it worse or better, since there would be a slight angle, maybe making it a tighter fit. I know the trail boss has a level but they also have longer cv shafts. I’m asking about a non tb/at4 with level. I’m also scared that if I ever get the jingle, that the dealer could blame it on the level and not cover it.

Edited by AD80

20 hours ago, Z06JPB said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (by looking through this topic) only NON TB owners are experiencing this jingle...

TB owners please chime in (no pun intended). Are you hearing this front axle noise?

Hi all. I stumbled unto this thread a bit late. I have a 6.2 AT4 (build date 6/19, waiting on rpo codes) and have been having a similar issue since 1k miles. I have read all 40 pages but not sure if my issue is related to what everyone else is experiencing so maybe this is where you guys can help me out. My truck is at 1800 miles now. These are my symptoms:

1. Light throttle after cold-start when in drive, I hear a squeak/chirp. 

2. Light throttle while cruising (>35mph) after warm-up, i hear a metal ringing noise. It's not super loud but it's there. I can still hear it over my Gibson exhaust. 

All sounds seem to be coming from underneath the truck. My truck is currently in the shop so was unable to perform the 4wd test. Is this the jingle-jingle issue?

... Just got my build sheet. I have the SU4 axle. Sigh. 

Edited by truck_newbie
Added RPO status

27 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

So they want to replace my differential as per technical assistance. I asked with which one? They told me with whatever one they send. Looks like it may be time to lawyer up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It makes too much sense for them to send the SU5 axle so it probably won’t be that one.

I’m pretty sure GM will only replace an SU4 with another SU4 so the RPO codes don’t get mixed up for your VIN.

Manufacturing has become very lean and efficient over the years but unfortunately has also become pretty stubborn and stupid because of it. 

1 hour ago, Thejet07 said:

So they want to replace my differential as per technical assistance. I asked with which one? They told me with whatever one they send. Looks like it may be time to lawyer up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had 3 differentials and they all are defective. I told them this 4 months ago.