I purchased my 2014 Sierra 2 years ago with 20k miles on it and within a couple of months I noticed the paint bubbling of the side walls inside my bed. Took it to the dealership and it was under warranty so dealership played for it. Within 6 months the paint stared to bubble off the doors, took it back and warranty was expired so neither the dealership or GM would cover the paint. Paid over $1,000 to get the doors resprayed. Now he paint is bubbling and flaking off the portion of the bed that was not resprayed, the roof of my truck, and around the front windshield. I am starting to hear people complaining about the same issues. Anyone having this problem?

IMG_20190430_165144.jpg

IMG_20190430_165134.jpg

IMG_20190430_165125.jpg

Yes this is common for modern GM trucks, there paint is crap the past 3 generations, since the water based paints. My 2010 had the box resprayed at 50,000 miles and 3 years old and it never left pavement. That was covered under my SymTech warranty, which was expired by 5 months at the time and they went good for it. Shortly after I noticed it was starting to bubble at the windshield so I traded the truck in. The 2014 WT I have also is peeling around the wheel wells and will look like a 10-12 year old truck by next spring. GM's paint is utter garbage, the thickness is inadequate, the prep is not done properly and the frame coating is a laughable joke. Good thing GM is the only brand that makes a good powertrain (well, until now with all the motor and trans problems we've been having) or I would be in a Ford or Dodge. They better up there paint game because trucks should not be flaking paint cruising a highway for 3 years. I baby the hell out of my paint too, I know how to take proper care of my vehicles. Pretty sad when Ford can stick paint to aluminum better than GM can to steel. 

• Like 1

Jeez, that really sucks. My truck isn't doing any of that at 67,000 miles. Knock on wood.. 

I would be pissed off to no end and raise all kind of heck with GM. Have you tried contacting GM directly?