Towing Pics

Here is my 2019 AT4 Carbon Pro 6.2L with 24' Intech enclosed trailer - 4,501 lbs empty - 9,500 fully loaded.  This photo is without load leveling hitch - 2.5" of drop - tongue weight about 750 lbs.  

Plan to add air bags in the back to compliment load level hitch - plenty of power - but wind does move the trailer around - especially when empty.  Truck tows it fine, but when loaded I miss my 3/4 ton diesel truck - but when I am not towing I do not miss it at all - much prefer this truck.

1403036657_TruckTrailer-Day1-1.thumb.JPG.ad35b1f5431aa8d5eb9c7df4feff70a2.JPG

24' blk-wht - 2.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Supercup said:

Here is my 2019 AT4 Carbon Pro 6.2L with 24' Intech enclosed trailer - 4,501 lbs empty - 9,500 fully loaded.  This photo is without load leveling hitch - 2.5" of drop - tongue weight about 750 lbs.  

Plan to add air bags in the back to compliment load level hitch - plenty of power - but wind does move the trailer around - especially when empty.  Truck tows it fine, but when loaded I miss my 3/4 ton diesel truck - but when I am not towing I do not miss it at all - much prefer this truck.

1403036657_TruckTrailer-Day1-1.thumb.JPG.ad35b1f5431aa8d5eb9c7df4feff70a2.JPG

24' blk-wht - 2.jpeg

So many have talked about the amount of squat and your looks better than i would have expected with that trailer. Any chance you have a pic of it loaded? Also by the way i am super jealous of the trailer!!! I have the AT4 6.2 and a custom ordered 14 ft open utility trailer but a nice enclosed would be awesome. 

I post up a pic next time I have it loaded up - at shop right now getting power jack, winch and load leavel hitch all installed, so likely will have no squat at that point, but we shall see.  

Here is my heaviest car that will go inside - and with it and stuff I will be pushing 9,500 lbs. 

IMG_6407.JPG

Edited by Supercup

19 minutes ago, Supercup said:

I post up a pic next time I have it loaded up - at shop right now getting power jack, winch and load leavel hitch all installed, so likely will have no squat at that point, but we shall see.  

Here is my heaviest car that will go inside - and with it and stuff I will be pushing 9,500 lbs. 

IMG_6407.JPG

Beautiful Z28, any more pictures?

Saw a couple in person, pretty rare, always kind of liked the ZL1 just because of the amenities, but if you are not driving it every day, you made the right choice.

Enjoy the Z very much as a weekend and track car.  1,801 total made about 100 +/- have been totaled, 135 +/- have headed overseas - so rare indeed.

Here are a few more photos 

2015 Z28 - 2.JPG

Z black bowtie - 1.JPG

Edited by Supercup

54 minutes ago, Supercup said:

Enjoy the Z very much as a weekend and track car.  1,801 total made about 100 +/- have been totaled, 135 +/- have headed overseas - so rare indeed.

Here are a few more photos 

2015 Z28 - 2.JPG

Z black bowtie - 1.JPG

100 totaled, very sad statistic, any idea if there are any close by to "salvage" some parts?

Last one I saw was at the Portland Roadster Show, missing normal life when summer was fun....

15 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

100 totaled, very sad statistic, any idea if there are any close by to "salvage" some parts?

Last one I saw was at the Portland Roadster Show, missing normal life when summer was fun....

Copart seems to get most of them - looks like my number was off a bit - 75 confirmed kills in US - tracked on C5 forum link below.

link copart:  https://www.copart.com/search/chevrolet/?displayStr=Chevrolet&from=%2FvehicleFinder&searchCriteria={"query":["*"],"filter":{"MISC":["lot_make_desc:CHEVROLET"],"MODL":["lot_model_desc:\"CAMARO Z28\""]},"sort":["auction_date_type desc","auction_date_utc asc"],"watchListOnly":false,"searchName":"","freeFormSearch":false}

Link z/28's crashed - https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428067&page=24

• 2 months later...

No pic, there's a reason why, but does pulling a police Tahoe out of a small ditch count?  He spun around on me to stop me for speed, and on his three point turn he slid into the gravel portion and the drive wheel went into the ditch.   

I turned around and came to his rescue.  And no, I didn't get a ticket.  It probably helped that I'm also a police officer, but that makes the story less funny.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, LowCountryDenali said:

First trip with new truck. Tows like a dream!

9BD3810D-C612-41B9-A711-D969CA47DE7C.jpeg

What are the specs of your travel trailer, how does it handle, do you use weight distribution hitch.

I just bought my first camper and lets say towing it is not fun. Especially without the WDH. i also feel that the airstream are much better travel trailer for towing.