97 Chevy 1500 vortec 5.3 Regency 25 anniversary edition

Jesse Martinez

Question

My truck ran out of gas on my way home from work, so I got pulled to the nearest Valero gas station and filled my tank and afterwards I tried to start it and it cranks over like it was ts to start but it don't.  What could it be if I had my fuel pump checked  and my fuel line pressure and it was good. I recharged battery and still no start . What should I do.? Or what can i check next?

2 answers to this question

Before doing anything, check the fuel pump fuse ... unless you just checked fuel pressure, which it looks like you did ?? 

First suspect would be fuel quality. Is it gas, and not diesel (stations screw this up more often than you think), is it contaminated with water,  and will it burn?

Second suspect is the fuel pump. You could see good pressure on a gauge, but have not enough volume to even let the truck idle. What is the fuel pressure doing while cranking?

3rd is fuel delivery. Could have been crap at the bottom of the tank that got drawn up when it was nearly empty, and either plugged the filter, or the fuel pump sock.

Edited by Jsdirt

1 hour ago, Jesse Martinez said:

My truck ran out of gas on my way home from work, so I got pulled to the nearest Valero gas station and filled my tank and afterwards I tried to start it and it cranks over like it was ts to start but it don't.  What could it be if I had my fuel pump checked  and my fuel line pressure and it was good. I recharged battery and still no start . What should I do.? Or what can i check next?

Does it feel like it’s free spinning? If so, prob fuel pump