Speed Engineering Headers Review

Hello Everyone!

Its been some time since i installed a set of Speed Engineering Long Tubes on My 2015 5.3 and i thought it would be a good idea to make a YouTube Review on Them.

I had been looking at Long Tube Header options without much intention of buying, because i was pretty happy with my exhaust set up (Stock Manifolds, Deleted Cats, Deleted Muffler, Deleted Flapper and just leaving the stock 12" resonator).

Also with most Long Tube Header prices from reputable brands like kooks being north of $1,000.00 Dollars, lets just say i felt a bit disencouraged, since the only brand that was even remotely affordable for me was Texas Speed.

Keep in mind that i live in Mexico, so shipping a big heavy box and taxes will add about $400 dollars to the price on the product.

The first time i found the Speed Engineering Headers it was on eBay, and I of course, dismissed them as being cheap chinese headers, but boy was i wrong to prejudge.

My Best Friend and CoWorker Jose Angel was also looking into Long Tube Header Options for his 2010 6.2 Camaro SS, and he was the one that convinced me that Speed Engineering would be a good option. To be honest, i just let him order his Headers first so i could see them in the flesh and checked them one they were installed, since i was concerned about the quality of the materials and how well the headers would fit.

Once they arrived, Surprise, they are good stainless steel, high quality welds and fit his Camaro Perfectly, so im inmediatly hooked and Jose does me a solid by orderng a set for my truck.

In the end, i had them installed at a good shop, because i have never installed a set and i didnt want to mess anything up. 

After almost 2 years of daily use and almost daily hooning, the Headers have held up perfectly, no cracks, no leaks, no problems at all (knock on wood), so i can very much reccomend them knowing that they have also been flawless in Jose´s Camaro.

The Headers were installed with a custom exhaust:

-Speed Engineering Long Tubes, 1 7/8" primaries to 3" Collectors

-2 Cherry Bomb 3"X- Pipes welded together (Double X Pipe)

-2 3" Small Magnaflow Mufflers

-Full 3" Dual Exhaust

-2 4" Tips to the side

I will leave a link to the final custom exhaust video at the end.

TL;DR They are very much worth it and im actually impressed with the Quality for that Price, and here is a video about it:

Full Custom 3" exhaust on the truck:

• 1 year later...