Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers ?

Ok so im looking at speed engineerings x pipe kit. Does this really make more power than a y pipe? The x pipe still has a longer drivers side pipe before reaching the x pipe. So passenger side pipe is shorter and drivers side is longer. How does this give equal scavenging and make more power than just a y pipe into 3.5' cat back?

8 minutes ago, Josh154 said:

Ok so im looking at speed engineerings x pipe kit. Does this really make more power than a y pipe? The x pipe still has a longer drivers side pipe before reaching the x pipe. So passenger side pipe is shorter and drivers side is longer. How does this give equal scavenging and make more power than just a y pipe into 3.5' cat back?

X pipe duals will make more power, but if you are on a budget, a 3.5" single pipe exhaust and long tubes is still much better than the stock system.

This is how my truck currently sounds, stock manifolds, cat deletes and single ehxaust pipe:

Yes but the speed engineering x pipe duals is not same length. Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of the x pipe? It still follows the same route as the y pipe meaning drivers side pipes are longer than passenger when it hits the x pipe. 

My 6.2 is all 3.5” from the factory. So the long tubes would be my biggest gain. 

Edited by Josh154

1 minute ago, Josh154 said:

Yes but the speed engineering x pipe duals is not same length. Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of the x pipe? It still follows the same route as the y pipe meaning drivers side pipes are longer than passenger when it hits the x pipe. 

The crossover is for equalizing the exhaust pressures from the 2 different cylinder banks, if the tubes are not same length, the x pipe becomes more important to even them out

but thats just my opinion (educated guess)

35 minutes ago, boombalatty said:

TL;DR (or watch) of the video:

Straight: 362,3hp - 366,0ft-lb

H - Pipe: 360,8hp - 370,1ft-lb

X - Pipe: 362,1hp - 369,9ft-lb

Its important to note that peak numbers are not that important, but the whole area under the curve gained

• Like 1

• 1 year later...