Wanting to install longtube headers!

I've been wanting to install longtube headers on my 2007 sierra classic for awhile and now that I've noticed that the OEM exhaust manifold is cracked and one stud is broken I think it's the time to do so. Just wondering what info i should know before doing so. Do I need to have it tuned? I currently have a cold air intake, throttle body spacer and cat back exhaust but that's pretty much it. 

Yes it needs a tune if you are doing away with the cats on the long tube install. A tune would also be a nice thing to do to recalibrate the airflow model/fueling for the addition of headers.

That throttle body spacer could go in the garbage too, they don't do anything on these trucks.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, CamGTP said:

Yes it needs a tune if you are doing away with the cats on the long tube install. A tune would also be a nice thing to do to recalibrate the airflow model/fueling for the addition of headers.

That throttle body spacer could go in the garbage too, they don't do anything on these trucks.

OK I'm new to all this, where exactly can i bring it to get tuned for all that?

On 4/5/2022 at 6:43 PM, Jess Payn said:

I've been wanting to install longtube headers on my 2007 sierra classic for awhile and now that I've noticed that the OEM exhaust manifold is cracked and one stud is broken I think it's the time to do so. Just wondering what info i should know before doing so. Do I need to have it tuned? I currently have a cold air intake, throttle body spacer and cat back exhaust but that's pretty much it. 

Get ready for more noise.  Those long tube right up against the firewall introduce a lot of noise into the cab.  

Consider having BlackBear do the tune.

Which motor do you have, the LM7, L59 or L33?

2 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Get ready for more noise.  Those long tube right up against the firewall introduce a lot of noise into the cab.  

Consider having BlackBear do the tune.

Which motor do you have, the LM7, L59 or L33?

I have a LM7

• Like 1

Diablew will not do the tune to eliminate the CEL.

Coating and wrapping will help with noise. Not getting cheap headers will as well but I really don't find them to be that loud in the cab

On 4/8/2022 at 3:01 PM, Tdola said:

Personally,  I like the sound

I just put a Corsa Cat Back exhaust on my truck and it sounds too quiet. Please let me know how you make out as I may do headers too.

Edited by Tdola