Volume Lowering When Phone Connects to Bluetooth

• 1 month later...

I have a brand new 2019. Didn't notice it right away since I have an Apple Watch and get most of my call/text alerts on my watch until one day I forgot my watch and was at the food store and missed a bunch of calls from my daughter. Then I realized how this is an issue for me!  Any suggestions or do we all have to wait for a fix? I'll bet money if I mention this when it goes in for service next week they have no idea what I'm talking about!!!!!!

Yes I drove my truck again today (almost 400 miles in 2 mths LOL) and I am Ok with the bluetooth turning down the phone volume when it is connects, the problem is that the volume is not reset when the bluetooth is disconnected. So once you leave the truck you miss calls and texts and email alerts etc. 

I am going in for service tomorrow (tire balancing) and I will ask if they have figured anything out. The service guy is a younger fella (possibly a millennial) so he might be up on the latest news. 

Mine does this intermittently since the last update on my android except it changes every time I get in the car, sometimes will be normal volumes others turned all the way down. Wont let me adjust the volume settings on my phone sometimes when it foes this also, very annoying. 

Entertainment update popped up on the screen the other day, The verbage said it would take 13 minutes. Let it load and NOW the Iphone turns itself back up when it disconnects. Fist Bump BAM  Good Job GM coders appreciate it.............   

Edited by Dnt
spelling

Entertainment update popped up on the screen the other day, The verbage said it would take 13 minutes. Let it load and NOW the Iphone turns itself back up when it disconnects. Fist Bump BAM  Good Job GM coders appreciate it.............   

If this is true I can’t wait for the update. Missing countless calls a day is getting old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worked for me. Have you not seen the update notice pop up on your entertainment screen yet? Mine popped up right when I shut the truck off a couple of times in a row until I did the download. It had a note that you could not start / drive or open the door of the truck for the entire 13 minutes so I had to wait until it was not going to be used for a while. 

5 hours ago, Dnt said:

Worked for me. Have you not seen the update notice pop up on your entertainment screen yet? Mine popped up right when I shut the truck off a couple of times in a row until I did the download. It had a note that you could not start / drive or open the door of the truck for the entire 13 minutes so I had to wait until it was not going to be used for a while. 

Please look and tell us what software version this is? 807.1 is the most current version as far as I’m aware. Thanks!

I have only driven my truck a couple times in the past 2 weeks. We had our 2nd baby and car seats are in the wife’s ride. Also she hasn’t been driving. I did use my truck today and no update alerts were noticed . I did have an update download about a month ago but haven’t noticed any real changes. I drove the truck today and missed 2 calls due to low volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after thinking about this could have been caused by the software update that they did at the dealership for he brake issue instead of the over the air update  or maybe the dealership one actually made the over the air possible?. I don't know all I can say is the truck has had a couple of updates in the last week and the IPhone7 volume goes back up like it should when the bluetooth disconnects now and it was NOT doing it before.

These trucks are so complicated that I am not sure if anybody actually knows what si going on with them, even the GM engineers that designed the silly things.