Just purchased a 2018 gmc 2500hd duramax crew cab. I didn’t realize that they put different front gvw on these trucks. The one I bought only is rated for 5200. Now I can’t put my plow on it. Is there a way to raise this up the 6000 rating.

No, GVWR is dependant on many factors, tire size, rim size, shocks/springs, but most importantly the chassis. The only way to change it is to beef up your truck and have it re-certified by DOT engineers, which would cost you much much more than trading in the truck for the one you need. Fatter tires will help distribute the weight better, but it will not increase your GVWR over what is posted on your door, and you will be penalized as such if you were to get stopped, possible insurance denial if your involved in an accident. Rules are more forgiving for Class 8 GVWR's as you can put on fatter tires and gain weight on your steering axle in some jurisdictions, or add axles to the combination but they go by manufactures certified GVWR's on light duty vehicles.

The best way to get more weight capacity in a 2500 is to choose the 6.0L gas engine over the Duramax/Allison combo as it will reduce the weight on your steering axle by over 300lbs. Most GM plow trucks here are the "Alaskan edition" 2500's, they come with a higher front end capacity and can easily take the Duramax engine and a plow.