Automatic Noise Reduction

I recently installed the factory Kicker sub woofer to my Bose system, it is a big improvement but something is weird, I have to set the bass at -12 on the tone and the mid and treble at +7. I looked at the sound using pink noise and a real time analyzer. Those numbers got me closest to a flat response curve. I have done some checking on line and as soon as you install any kind of sub especially aftermarket the ANR starts fighting you. Amazon has a cable that you connect to the amp to shutdown ANR, just got to pull the console to find the amp and see if it will work with the 19. System. I understand what ANR does studied wave cancelation in high school physics. I know enough to know I don’t want it. Anyone adding a sub to Bose might want to check into this.

Are we sure the 2019s even have this feature? When I looked into it I couldn’t find it referenced in any of the brochures or specs, even for the Denali. Strange because they certainly made a big deal about it on the K2s? Dunno.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue in my 16’ Denali. Just added an amp & small sub and I cannot turn up the amp otherwise I continue to get a negative or weird “humming” sound. My amp is turned down all the way. The only two things I have found are to disable at least of the mics(I don’t want to cut into anything) or to use a harness that plugs into the Bose amp. Not sure which to do. Sure would like any advice. 

I build harnesses for these trucks for adding subwoofers from 2007 to present and according to my schematics for the 2019's there is no ANC.Normally the microphone wires run into the Bose amp and it shows on the schematics but there is nothing for these.I thought it was strange because the Terrains and Equinox's still have it.

3 hours ago, Putt4show said:

I am having the same issue in my 16’ Denali. Just added an amp & small sub and I cannot turn up the amp otherwise I continue to get a negative or weird “humming” sound. My amp is turned down all the way. The only two things I have found are to disable at least of the mics(I don’t want to cut into anything) or to use a harness that plugs into the Bose amp. Not sure which to do. Sure would like any advice. 

Shoot me an email at [email protected] can sell you a microphone bypass harness that plugs into your Bose amp which will make your problems disappear.It takes seconds to install and you don't have to cut any wires,etc just plug and go.