2021 Silverado/Sierra interior update coming

10 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Big difference between this ( which looks good).........

Why don’t you “own two of them” already then? I thought we started this with you guys saying they were universally ugly? Both of you are every bit as full of crap as I took you from the start.

Find something better to do besides venting your closeted jealousy on strangers trucks. Everyone here is proud of their rigs, including you, so don’t be an a-hole. What ever happened to “if you wouldn’t say it in person, don’t say it online”...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Looks are subjective. I like the new 19+. But man the interior is a joke. Like I said before it’s not just gmc or Chevy. Cadillac needs help in the interior dept as well. GM is still employing the guys making interior in the 80s. 

The interior and the engine choices are the biggest draw for me.  I know looks are subjective and I'm curious why the GM interior appears to be a "joke" to you.  The style obviously speaks to the previous generation but is far removed from earlier interiors.  The materials, fit and finish are far better than any truck from the 80''s. 90's, or 00's.  Is the absence of a rotating shift knob or a TV sized info screen giving a perception of being outdated?  I welcome improvements in technology, and I'm not understanding what could be considered lacking or objectionable with the '19 interior.  I've shopped the Ford and Ram lots and see nothing of substance that would suggest that GM is lacking.  I do appreciate we all have our preferences, and sometimes we exaggerate to make a point, but I am interested in hearing others' points of view.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Pretty defensive here aren't you.

I think I made my point here.

I'm not the Lone Ranger either.

Most people are when they get attacked!

What the heck is wrong with you?

Edited by MacLaren

Relax junior. This is the internet 

Grow a set for Christ's Sake.

BTW Ryans truck looks like any other HC .

Good from the front only 

I don't think I was kissing anyone ass

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Relax junior. This is the internet 

Grow a set for Christ's Sake.

BTW Ryans truck looks like any other HC .

Good from the front only 

I don't think I was kissing anyone ass

Grow a set?

Your the one running around pissin and moaning like a little school girl.

But, like you say, this is the internet.

At any rate, I digress. 

Edited by MacLaren

6 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

At any rate, I digress. 

Me too

who cares anyway

Enjoy your truck and good day.

I'll be over on Camaro5 if you need me

Edited by dieselfan1

11 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Me too

who cares anyway

Enjoy your truck and good day.

I'll be over on Camaro5 if you need me

You know what, I was way too harsh and, I apologize for that. I really do.

I just have a hard time why anyone, anyone on a GM forum no less, would want to trash someone's new ride. 

But, that's your opinion, and your certainly entitled to it. 

Again, I apologize. 

22 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

You know what, I was way too harsh and, I apologize for that. I really do.

I just have a hard time why anyone, anyone on a GM forum no less, would want to trash someone's new ride. 

But, that's your opinion, and your certainly entitled to it. 

Again, I apologize. 

Dude don't sweat it 

I was messing with ya a little too.

I do that here. It's my ?job

I'm sure someday I'll be trading my K2's on whatever Chevy has at the time and I will be saying the same thing as you.?

BTW Camaro 5 is pretty slow today

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 1

Hey I retired working in a jail for36 years. When you work in that environment you have a thick skin so no one I here will ever bother me.That's why I'm blunt and to the point.And I do tell people if I think their truck is ugly in their face.

• Like 1

Yes, those of us in our retirement years have considerable history and experiences to draw upon.  I don't see where it gives one any sort of permission to be rude or disrespectful.  The "internet" has paths to all sorts of garbage but I see no excuse for it on a forum of this calibre.   

• Like 3

Not trying to disrespect or be rude just having a little back and forth that got a little carried away. That's it Donstar

I wish I was retired but I sure don't need to work a 40 hour job either. I own a separate business for main income. I'm mostly hands off. My wife runs it.

I cherry pick my Carpenter jobs nowadays . Only do jobs that pay big buck. Works for me.

Back to the actual original topic, 

What is wrong with the current if it aint broke don't fix it interior?  Too much plastic and a smaller screen?

The Dodge is what everyone compares to now and it looks like a car interior with a big huge distracting screen. Ish. 

Ten years down the road it will look like shit if they actually use it like a truck. If anything even works by then.

Ford's aren't that bad . I like it better than the Dodge . 

An all black LTZ interior is probably the best looking even more so than a HC interior. Then again I dig black.

I'm happy with both my trucks interiors after putting Katzkins in them . Instant and huge difference  compared to cloth. 

But they are still trucks. Good enough.

If I wanted a Cadillac, I'd  just go buy one. I don't want one.

I'm sure the interior won't change until 2021 - 2022 when they get a facelift. I'm pretty sure it will look a lot like the Dodge too.

Carry on.

Car companies, knowing that customer preferences vary and designs can be polarizing, intentionally switch up the styling, sometimes dramatically, between cycles in order to capture more customers. In each generation, there is a rush of buyers when a new model first comes out. Everyone that likes that design jumps aboard and buys one. The sales eventually fall off, and then the mid-cycle refresh arrives. They change the styling, very intentionally, to be different. All the people who didn't like the styling previously, now jump aboard and buy the refresh. And so GM has produced a truck for 6 years, with two different front fascias, and sold to all the available customer base. 

So for the people who don't like the 2019 T1---just wait. GM knows that there a bunch of you who don't like it. They're going to build a truck for you in 2021.

Well, we got one in this thread that likes everything but the front end, and another that only likes the front end. Seems like at least one of them is going to be let down.?

No matter to me...I’m not likely to budge for a refresh unless something really compelling falls under the hood. Maybe something with a blower to take on the Rebel TRX. Even then, I’d have to think on it because I’m sure some electric powered trucks will be soon to come. Seems inevitable, and if they are good enough..who knows where I’ll end up.