2021 Silverado/Sierra interior update coming

26 minutes ago, Cjc said:

And yes I don't need a truck I just like driving them.

This is the basis of most everyone who is arguing that the interior isn't up to Dodge's level. Dodge's have a pretty car interior, many though question the long term durability of their soft materials and design in truck use which is, you know, what a truck is bought and used for. 

Like I have stated many of times, most the complaints about the interior are from people who don't use a truck and many of times come from a car or CUV. As long as they just upgrade some of the touching points on the higher end models and maybe give a light massage to the ergonomics of the dash they will be fine. I don't see them doing a complete 180 on the interior and taking a car interior and putting it in the trucks. They did their market research when working on the T1's and found out many liked the K2 interior when it came to day in and day out usefulness and layout (they mentioned that), the most vocal is the "other" users (think suburban dads). Guess we will see how much this actually comes to fruition in the coming year or two with what they do. 

Tyler

35 minutes ago, Cjc said:

No its not BS.I have a great relationship with these advisors,and they don't have to toll the GM line with me.I understand you guys bought these 2019 and you think there great.Listen I'm retired also GM man all my life.Have you ever look inside the new Ram it's very nice inside,and you think your 2019 looks better I don't think so.And yes I don't need a truck I just like driving them.

I'm also retired and prefer driving a half ton as my DD.  My first was a two year old '69 F100 and have owned a Ford or GM pickup since.  Dodge  RAM has tried many shades of lipstick over the years and I appreciate that they appeal to others. Yes, I have looked closely at the '19's and I seriously doubt it would even be my third choice.  Many of the parts people and service advisors at two of my local GM dealers will greet me by my first name.  They may point out known trouble spots with GM trucks but they certainly won't bad mouth their product.  An employee who bad mouths the product they sell should not be working at that place of business.  This type of conduct undermines the workplace for the other employees.  I would say the same to any GM employee at my local dealerships who chooses to foster this type of "relationship".  It speaks to the character of the individual, not the quality of the product.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cjc said:

Compliments from who?When I talk to neighbors and friends I know they tell me the GM trucks are plain ugly.I'm not trying to start an argument,just stating a fact.Even when I go to the Dealership the service advisor tell me how ugly the new trucks are.

I’ll be sure to keep you in mind while I get stopped at least once a week by complete strangers (some of whom have K2s) that are enamored with checking out my truck. It’s actually becoming sort of annoying when I have places to go...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

I’ll be sure to keep you in mind while I get stopped at least once a week by complete strangers (some of whom have K2s) that are enamored with checking out my truck. It’s actually becoming sort of annoying when I have places to go...

I've yet have someone who owns a K2 tell me K1 looks better.Someone on here nailed on the head.The Gmc front end looks like a clown face,and the Chevy looks like a Storm trooper.I'f you like that look good for you.Listen like I said I'm a GM fan and always will.If They change the front end and the inside in 2021 and I like it I will buy one.Hey I have to be proud of the vehicle I own.I just know I can't feel that way with the K1.

3 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Give me a break. I live a couple blocks block from a huge Chevy dealer that probably sells a dozen trucks a day. Well they run every one of those trucks up to the Holiday Station up the street and full it with gas and run it they the quick wash. I see this happen almost every time I'm there. I've never seen anyone walkup to a T1 all googly eyes drooling over it. 

Don't flatter yourself they are ugly.

I would own two if them if they weren't so hideous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cjc said:

I've yet have someone who owns a K2 tell me K1 looks better.Someone on here nailed on the head.The Gmc front end looks like a clown face,and the Chevy looks like a Storm trooper.I'f you like that look good for you.Listen like I said I'm a GM fan and always will.If They change the front end and the inside in 2021 and I like it I will buy one.Hey I have to be proud of the vehicle I own.I just know I can't feel that way with the K1.

I'm not trying to be argumentative and I respect that we have differing opinions.  I own a K2 which is a good looking truck.  The K1 is also a good looking truck and I would upgrade today if other financial obligations weren't currently taking precedence. 

3 minutes ago, Donstar said:

I'm not trying to be argumentative and I respect that we have differing opinions.  I own a K2 which is a good looking truck.  The K1 is also a good looking truck and I would upgrade today if other financial obligations weren't currently taking precedence. 

T1

T1

Not K1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Give me a break. I live a couple blocks block from a huge Chevy dealer that probably sells a dozen trucks a day. Well they run every one of those trucks up to the Holiday Station up the street and full it with gas and run it they the quick wash. I see this happen almost every time I'm there. I've never seen anyone walkup to a T1 all googly eyes drooling over it. 

Don't flatter yourself they are ugly.

I would own two if them if they weren't so hideous. 

Right, so because you saw a couple at the gas station and nobody was around them, that means everyone thinks they are ugly, and my real life experiences owning one means nothing. Check over my posts, I don’t come on here to BS and tell fairy tales like cjc.

Last week, outside of the post office a lady was parked behind me on the street and hollered out her car window “excuse me!”...I sort of rolled my eyes because I thought she would either be asking for directions or money, but she asked if the truck was a 19. I said yes, and she said “thought so! that’s nice!”. I thanked her and went on my way. A couple days later I was walking out of A&W toward my truck, and a guy with a silver 2016-2018 Silverado Custom and a big ass dent in the side of the bed was getting out of his truck. He walked over to mine and said he liked how they do they exhaust now, said it was a nice looking truck, and that he was trying to talk his wife into one because his double cab was a tight squeeze. I can go on and on and on.

I am sorry your (2) 2018 LTs don’t garner any attention, and I don’t expect you to understand...just don’t call me a liar. 

7 hours ago, Cjc said:

No its not BS.I have a great relationship with these advisors,and they don't have to toll the GM line with me.I understand you guys bought these 2019 and you think there great.Listen I'm retired also GM man all my life.Have you ever look inside the new Ram it's very nice inside,and you think your 2019 looks better I don't think so.And yes I don't need a truck I just like driving them.

Look, It's fine if you don't like the truck. We're all big boys and we don't need you to like the truck, for us to like it.  I sense some frustration given you have been a lifelong GM fan, and maybe you think the styling has gone in a weird direction. Hey, you know what? You are correct, it has, in a way. But let me offer you a different perspective. I believe the T1xx styling is pulled directly from the 1999-2002 silverado, what most remember being the most "classic" silverado. Yea the T1 has a few swoopy lines and some funny air curtains down low, but seriously, next time you look at one, pull out a picture of a 1999 and tell me the T1 isn't directly inspired by that classic design. Some styling concessions are made for aerodynamics, crash safety, and cooling, but it's the same basic DNA. It's still a Chevy. If you take off the lower air damn it looks even closer. I think the T1xx is one of the cleanest looking trucks to come out in many years, especially the LT front end. 

I'd be interested in hearing if you can see it or not :)

Chevrolet-Silverado-1999-1600-17.jpg

6g_640.jpg

Edited by protovack
  • Like 1

Some guys like blonds, some like brunettes, some like redheads. They're all attractive in their own way, and everyone has a preference.

When Chevy first rolled out the 2019 Silverado in red Trail Boss trim, I was intrigued. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, and most of the reaction was not because it was "fugly" but because it didn't look like a Chevy, at least not what I was used to. If I didn't know any better I'd have thought it was a redesigned Tundra. It just did not look "Chevy-like." But it grew on me and I actually think it is quite attractive.

Once I saw the 2020 HD next to the 2019 1500, the 1500 looked like Heidi Klum next to Rosanne Barr. But in my opinion an HD is not supposed to be a beauty queen; it's supposed to be a brutish, beefy-looking truck made for work. In a way, the HD is beautiful in its ugly brutishness.

If someone wants a purty truck as a status symbol, that's one thing. I would never use a Denali for daily hard work for fear of messing up the leather or scratching the paint. But trucks have become best-sellers because they are probably the most versatile vehicles ever made for regular people. Name one other style of vehicle that can do everything a modern 1/2-ton pickup can. For many families the truck has replaced the sedan as the daily driver. If you have to drive your truck every day, you'd want the same amenities you'd expect your car to have. If you want to replace your Malibu with a truck, you'd probably get one that matched the trim level of your Malibu. Same thing if you had a Cadillac. Manufacturers know this and try to design their products to appeal to certain demographics.

When I look at Chevy trucks, I see a tuck designed to do work. Doesn't have to look pretty, just has to work. I think most Chevy buyers would place more emphasis on capabilities, and as long as the styling doesn't cause their retinas to detach, they'll buy it.

When I look at RAM, I see a truck designed to lure car buyers into trucks. The 2019's look too car-like inside and out, IMHO. Maybe that's where the bulk of the market (outside of fleet sales) is moving, I don't know, but they are more like cars than trucks. I want a truck that works. I, for one, want hard plastic and easy-care materials that you can just wipe down, not high-maintenance surfaces that I'd be afraid to ruin or get dirty.

That's why we have so many options to choose from. Not everyone is going to have the same priorities or tastes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

I am sorry your (2) 2018 LTs don’t garner any attention, and I don’t expect you to understand...just don’t call me a liar. 

I get compliments on my trucks every day. Mostly from women. Milfs and young chicks like the black truck especially. I just don't come on here on brag about it.

Yea my truck is ugly.....

Even my double cab is ugly.....

Give me a f'n break dude

Protovack is right they look like my old 99 Silverado I bought back in fall of 98.

I've been buying new Chevy's since the early eighties so I know what it's like when they roll out a new body style. I was always the first guy on block with a new body style truck until now.

IMG_20190312_115330.jpg

20180604_171338.jpg

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 1

Theres no doubt the 2018's and below are great looking trucks. But these new 2019's are just better looking and better in every way imo. 

Not knocking the 2018 models and below. No way!  But, Chevy has just flat out set the bar a lot higher with the 2019. 

I know and, Ive said it before, I am so very thankful I held off on getting an 18 and waited for the 2019.

The above pics just really solidify that feeling.

Edited by MacLaren

9 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Right, so because you saw a couple at the gas station and nobody was around them, that means everyone thinks they are ugly, and my real life experiences owning one means nothing. Check over my posts, I don’t come on here to BS and tell fairy tales like cjc.

Last week, outside of the post office a lady was parked behind me on the street and hollered out her car window “excuse me!”...I sort of rolled my eyes because I thought she would either be asking for directions or money, but she asked if the truck was a 19. I said yes, and she said “thought so! that’s nice!”. I thanked her and went on my way. A couple days later I was walking out of A&W toward my truck, and a guy with a silver 2016-2018 Silverado Custom and a big ass dent in the side of the bed was getting out of his truck. He walked over to mine and said he liked how they do they exhaust now, said it was a nice looking truck, and that he was trying to talk his wife into one because his double cab was a tight squeeze. I can go on and on and on.

Sorry but i'ts not fairy tales.I'm just stating a fact,hey some people don't like the fact.Those same advisors told me mechanically their a great truck.Listen go on the Ram sight  and look around not one person says that we have an ugly truck.On this sight there's many.I still think their going to change the front end in 2021,they know that they have a dud.

• Like 1