2021 Silverado/Sierra interior update coming

Looks are subjective. I like the new 19+. But man the interior is a joke. Like I said before it’s not just gmc or Chevy. Cadillac needs help in the interior dept as well. GM is still employing the guys making interior in the 80s. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

That's funny. The majority of the compliments I get is directly because of the front end

Theres not a better looking front end out there

That's exactly where Chevy really killed it.

That front end is here to stay

20190630_203813.thumb.jpg.db4c30450a834b897f9dc0ab459f04e2.jpg

Where's the fog lights?

Oh that's right they didn't put them on many trucks. Lots of stuff missing on T1's that automatically came with a K2.

I am just curious what kind of tiny crap town some of you live in where the nicest vehicle there is your truck and you constantly get compliments? Good lord it sounds like people are breaking their neck and chasing you down asking some of you to pull over in the same way when I drove my uncles SRT Challenger which was the first one in Chicago when they first came out. 

Tyler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dieselfan1 said:

I get compliments on my trucks every day. Mostly from women. Milfs and young chicks like the black truck especially. I just don't come on here on brag about it.

Yea my truck is ugly.....

Even my double cab is ugly.....

Give me a f'n break dude

Protovack is right they look like my old 99 Silverado I bought back in fall of 98.

I've been buying new Chevy's since the early eighties so I know what it's like when they roll out a new body style. I was always the first guy on block with a new body style truck until now.

IMG_20190312_115330.jpg

20180604_171338.jpg

I didn’t call your trucks ugly. They are ubiquitous, but not ugly. I had a 2016 for crying out loud...why would insult myself or anyone else on here? 

Although it’s a bit childish, and immediately comes off as the “6 year old on the playground” who’s upset that the other kid has a cooler bike....I do not mind if people come on here and trash the T1. They took styling risks and not everyone likes it. I just don’t want to be accused of lying...or worse...bragging...when I present my experiences of owning one for 8 months.

It shouldn’t be shocking that you K2 guys get the same confirmation bias for your trucks within your circles. The difference is that I don’t migrate over to the K2 forum to talk shit or list the number of people who said my truck looks better than yours.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cjc said:

Sorry but i'ts not fairy tales.I'm just stating a fact,hey some people don't like the fact.

Nothing wrong with facts but I just see opinions and experiences.  BTW I agree that a design change will come, perhaps in 2021.  The past has led us to believe this is GM's pattern and will likely continue.  It is a marketing strategy to generate sales.  The design they introduced in 2019 is a product of research and design carried out by individuals with a lot more expertise in these fields than you or me.  It is sometimes difficult to accept how two people can look at the same object and have images of unicorns or clowns or storm troopers or cat's eyes and another person can simply see a pleasing design. The fact that we all have differing tastes makes it a challenge for designers.  Their goal is to capture as many buyers as possible.  Sometimes bold changes can alienate a loyal customer.  I preferred Fords for decades (but also owned GM's) until they introduced a dramatic change in the late '90's.  GM took a less dramatic change at the time and I've stayed with them.  (I loved my '00 Silverado and kept it for 9 years!)  I like the changes GM made in 2019.  I find it interesting how anyone who liked a K2 wouldn't like the T1 but I'm confident GM knows how to capture those on the fringes of their target group!  Wait for the "refresh" - they'll be expecting you!

7 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Nothing wrong with facts but I just see opinions and experiences.  BTW I agree that a design change will come, perhaps in 2021.  The past has led us to believe this is GM's pattern and will likely continue.  It is a marketing strategy to generate sales.  The design they introduced in 2019 is a product of research and design carried out by individuals with a lot more expertise in these fields than you or me.  It is sometimes difficult to accept how two people can look at the same object and have images of unicorns or clowns or storm troopers or cat's eyes and another person can simply see a pleasing design. The fact that we all have differing tastes makes it a challenge for designers.  Their goal is to capture as many buyers as possible.  Sometimes bold changes can alienate a loyal customer.  I preferred Fords for decades (but also owned GM's) until they introduced a dramatic change in the late '90's.  GM took a less dramatic change at the time and I've stayed with them.  (I loved my '00 Silverado and kept it for 9 years!)  I like the changes GM made in 2019.  I find it interesting how anyone who liked a K2 wouldn't like the T1 but I'm confident GM knows how to capture those on the fringes of their target group!  Wait for the "refresh" - they'll be expecting you!

And if they make those changes I will be there with my 2016 and my money.

Right, so because you saw a couple at the gas station and nobody was around them, that means everyone thinks they are ugly, and my real life experiences owning one means nothing. Check over my posts, I don’t come on here to BS and tell fairy tales like cjc.

Last week, outside of the post office a lady was parked behind me on the street and hollered out her car window “excuse me!”...I sort of rolled my eyes because I thought she would either be asking for directions or money, but she asked if the truck was a 19. I said yes, and she said “thought so! that’s nice!”. I thanked her and went on my way. A couple days later I was walking out of A&W toward my truck, and a guy with a silver 2016-2018 Silverado Custom and a big ass dent in the side of the bed was getting out of his truck. He walked over to mine and said he liked how they do they exhaust now, said it was a nice looking truck, and that he was trying to talk his wife into one because his double cab was a tight squeeze. I can go on and on and on.

I am sorry your (2) 2018 LTs don’t garner any attention, and I don’t expect you to understand...just don’t call me a liar. 

Yea after I got mine I had neighbors stopping by to check it out (kinda annoying when I was trying to prep it for its coating [emoji23]) One of them has a 15 high Country and would be in a 19 if his daughter wasn’t in college at the moment.

Ryan B.
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Yea after I got mine I had neighbors stopping by to check it out (kinda annoying when I was trying to prep it for its coating emoji23.png) One of them has a 15 high Country and would be in a 19 if his daughter wasn’t in college at the moment.

Ryan B.

Listen your side of your truck looks great,and the back of them look good to.I'ts the front end.That's why I think there going to change the front end.

Listen your side of your truck looks great,and the back of them look good to.I'ts the front end.That's why I think there going to change the front end.

89eae3c9ffeffa927bfc82a48610aeb6.jpg

[emoji2373]

Ryan B.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

89eae3c9ffeffa927bfc82a48610aeb6.jpg

emoji2373.png

Ryan B.

Lol, that's slick as he《《

Man that looks good!!

That's what people like the very most about my truck, is what Chevy did with the front end

They absolutely love it. 

Edited by MacLaren
  • Like 2

I traded a few months ago from new off the lot in 2017 Midnight LTZ to a Black 19' HC and can tell you this, when I picked up my 2017 Midnight, got lots of looks because at the time that package and the front end design was new.   I was told by a lot of people it was a bad ass looking truck, and I agree, it was a good looking truck and front end design.  (not so much on the mechanics, lots of issues in that department) 

However, since I am now in a 2019 black HC (because of the last failures and warranty expiring), I actually now get people stoping me and asking me questions about the new truck, wanting to take a look inside etc.   No joke, last week at the hand car wash, the guy behind me in a 2017 Ram Rebel told me he had been thinking about and looking into a 2019 Trail boss or LTZ because he loves the edgy mean look, and after seeing my HC with the trail boss lift, he is sold on going that route.  

I would say its 2 to 1 in people looking and prompting conversation about the new truck over my last 17' Midnight LTZ  

Also should note, a lot of people that talk to me about the new 19' truck say that they can't believe how much bigger this one looks from the last generation, like its an entirely different class bigger.  I can agree, as now when I roll up to a previous generation, they seem small to me. 

• Like 2