2021 Silverado/Sierra interior update coming

On 8/12/2019 at 11:55 PM, protovack said:

Look, It's fine if you don't like the truck. We're all big boys and we don't need you to like the truck, for us to like it.  I sense some frustration given you have been a lifelong GM fan, and maybe you think the styling has gone in a weird direction. Hey, you know what? You are correct, it has, in a way. But let me offer you a different perspective. I believe the T1xx styling is pulled directly from the 1999-2002 silverado, what most remember being the most "classic" silverado. Yea the T1 has a few swoopy lines and some funny air curtains down low, but seriously, next time you look at one, pull out a picture of a 1999 and tell me the T1 isn't directly inspired by that classic design. Some styling concessions are made for aerodynamics, crash safety, and cooling, but it's the same basic DNA. It's still a Chevy. If you take off the lower air damn it looks even closer. I think the T1xx is one of the cleanest looking trucks to come out in many years, especially the LT front end. 

I'd be interested in hearing if you can see it or not :)

Chevrolet-Silverado-1999-1600-17.jpg

6g_640.jpg

Ugly back then.  FUGLY now.  

I just watched a review of an 18 LT and 19 LT side by side.

Man, does that 19 make that 18 look like its 10 years old and been outta date and style a lot longer that that lol.

The new 19 is taller, bigger, stronger, quicker, and drives so damn much better lol.

Honestly fellas, I just thank my lucky stars I passed on the 2018 models!

Honestly, it's down right embarrassing for a 2018 to be set side by side a 2019.

The 2019 just  blows is outta the friggin water in every possible way. 

The 2018 looks short and squat, and lol, those square wheel wells lol.....meanwhile you have the new 19 with that bad azz front end with those very nice led lights.....all the while setting up taller and leaner and meaner. 

Game over........and good riddance to that generation of Silverado

On 8/12/2019 at 4:45 PM, Minnvmax said:

I love my 19 interior. Coming from a 13. Everything is right there and  easily accessible. More like a cockpit. 

To be fair I have a 6.2 max tow with 10-speed tranny so it would be hard for me find fault as much as I enjoy the drive train which is what I built the vehicle around. 

Hell anyone coming from a 07-13 model will love the interior, the 900's were basically a cost cut version of gm's fullsize trucks and the worst they have ever produced imo! 

Now coming from a 14 i have to count all the subtractions from it on a 19. Like the guy who said it would be perfect if the 19's had adjustable pedals and seat belts. well step back to a 14-18 and you can have that. See the true issue here, those saying good enough for me will hopefully never work at gm designing because that attitude is not good enough for me! I don't want to see a list of everything they have taken away from my last truck if im looking to spend the better part of near 50 grand on a new one.

7 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

Hell anyone coming from a 07-13 model will love the interior, the 900's were basically a cost cut version of gm's fullsize trucks and the worst they have ever produced imo! 

Now coming from a 14 i have to count all the subtractions from it on a 19. Like the guy who said it would be perfect if the 19's had adjustable pedals and seat belts. well step back to a 14-18 and you can have that. See the true issue here, those saying good enough for me will hopefully never work at gm designing because that attitude is not good enough for me! I don't want to see a list of everything they have taken away from my last truck if im looking to spend the better part of near 50 grand on a new one.

The items taken away are typically those that consumers won't miss.  I  trust that the cost saving is somehow passed on to me in the form of a slightly smaller increase in price.  I will not think less of my next truck if it doesn't have adjustable pedals, dedicated sunglass holder or other frills I never use.  I appreciate that these deletions can be upsetting to those who use such items on a regular basis.   I still miss the triangle vent windows, ash trays  and manual floor shift!

It’s fine to count the deletions, so long as you also count the additions and improvements which are too much to list. You can fight the good fight and hold out for adjustable seatbelts. Join the ranks of people who said they’d never buy a new one unless they bring back the manual trans. 13 years and counting on that. How about vent windows? Everyone was pissed when those went away. It’s been over 30 years now. How many of those people are still in their 1987 Chevy?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

I just watched a review of an 18 LT and 19 LT side by side.

Man, does that 19 make that 18 look like its 10 years old and been outta date and style a lot longer that that lol.

The new 19 is taller, bigger, stronger, quicker, and drives so damn much better lol.

Honestly fellas, I just thank my lucky stars I passed on the 2018 models!

Honestly, it's down right embarrassing for a 2018 to be set side by side a 2019.

The 2019 just  blows is outta the friggin water in every possible way. 

The 2018 looks short and squat, and lol, those square wheel wells lol.....meanwhile you have the new 19 with that bad azz front end with those very nice led lights.....all the while setting up taller and leaner and meaner. 

Game over........and good riddance to that generation of Silverado

And your SIM card fenders

2 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

It’s fine to count the deletions, so long as you also count the additions and improvements which are too much to list. You can fight the good fight and hold out for adjustable seatbelts. Join the ranks of people who said they’d never buy a new one unless they bring back the manual trans. 13 years and counting on that. How about vent windows? Everyone was pissed when those went away. It’s been over 30 years now. How many of those people are still in their 1987 Chevy?

We are talking about the interior here and other then a heads up display "top of the line model" and rear vents, nothing but deletions took place on the interior side. Interiors sell these days i dont get why people think gm should just offer nothing better, dodge is eating gm's lunch right now because of their interiors alone. I don't mind you guys having your own opinion but don't sit here and try and tell me the good enough approach is the road gm should be taking here!

• Like 2

I don’t understand why the obsession over more interior changes. I went from a 2011 to 2019 and could not be happier. If I had any more technology I would either not use it or have a stroke trying to learn it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BIGDOGx said:

We are talking about the interior here and other then a heads up display "top of the line model" and rear vents, nothing but deletions took place on the interior side. Interiors sell these days i dont get why people think gm should just offer nothing better, dodge is eating gm's lunch right now because of their interiors alone. I don't mind you guys having your own opinion but don't sit here and try and tell me the good enough approach is the road gm should be taking here!

Oh rubbish. 

Deletions:

Adjustable seatbelts

Power pedals

Sunglasses holder

Additions/ improvements:

Rear AC vents

Increased room in every measurable area

Flatter rear floor

Storage in rear seat backs (most trims)

Electronic parking brake opens up some leg room

Keyless go (most trims)

Steering wheel no longer oddly off center of drivers seat

4WD switch no longer exactly the same as the headlight switch and right next to it

Available heated rear seats

Available 360 camera

Available HUD

Available camera mirror (why don’t these options count?)

Thats the interior alone. Couple that with a vastly improved driving experience. DFM is near seamless. 8 speed is improved, and 10 speed is flawless. New driving modes to tailor steering and shift points to your driving style. Lighter weight. Better brakes. Wider and deeper pickup box. Power tailgate. Multi pro tailgate.

You start to add the stuff up and realize it sounds a bit foolish to reject the T1 on the basis of power pedals or a seatbelt. It’s improved by every measure.

Also, if the Ram was the perfect vehicle and the total benchmark in every area, I would have bought one, you would have bought one, we all would have. But we know that’s not true and the perfect truck doesn’t exist. I’m sorry but your K2 is not it either. I couldn’t get out of mine quickly enough after driving the T1. It’s night and day. Sorry. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

.02  Power pedals?  You've got a tilting and telescoping steering wheel and a 10 way power seat with enough adjustments to seat a 6.5" to some vertically challenged individual who is  too short to see over the steering wheel......you've got to have a really deformed anatomy to need power pedals also. Three years driving and hit the button once, on the first day. Besides who can miss that cheapo plastic carrier the pedals were mounted? Remember, many had to shoved a piece of wood or plastic under to keep the plastic bracket from flexing as you pushed on the accelerator and received delayed acceleration.

As for a holder for sunglasses.....one on dashboard another on console another in console and another on each side of the console, big enough to fit Elton John' s sunglasses.

And as for DFM.....a vast improvement over AFM.....it is essentially the same system minus all the troublesome operating crap that caused problems and made oil burners out of the '07 to '11s and collapsed many valve lifters.. No more LOMA with oil valves to leak and collapse lifters separate valves for each cylinder mounted directly in the block. No more LOMA oil discharge valve dumping bypass oil spraying into sump, washing the inactive AFM cylinder walls and clogging their oil control rings. The most unreliable and troublesome aspects of AFM were removed,  balance addressed and rebranded by placing the hardware directly on each cylinder fed oil independently by the ECU instead of a LOMA to bleed off excess oil from half of them. Comparable in principle to a throttle body fed induction manifold compared to direct injection.

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=11880

Don't have to be a seer to predict DFM is the future, GM is currently dumping the remaining stock of their AFMs (and 6 speeds) in the lower line and older models just like they are dumping their remaining inventory of discontinued K1s as '19 LDs.

• Like 3

Hopefully the tilt steering wheel is at the top of the list. I think of the auto tilt system in my 2017 Tahoe and in fact my 2002 Corvette and then GM puts something from a Cruse in a 70,000$ truck. Get with it GM!