2021 Silverado/Sierra interior update coming

2 hours ago, Thomcat said:

It's gone forever. Bought a '15 Camaro V6, 6 speed to regain the old feeling of my '69.  Can't go back, that Crapo Japo Aisin 6 speed with a vague shift pattern and mushy hydraulic clutch couldn't hold a candle to speed or feel of shifting my old Hurst 4 speed besides being uncomfortable and riding like a stone!

I’m only in my 30s, so everything I work on is older than me and I missed the heydays completely...but I hear ya. I got this M22 on the bench ready to go into my 66 Olds.

The truck and this forum is just one big distraction. Too many projects, not enough time!

15FD1D3D-4CFE-4DF2-B86D-398E9C55714D.thumb.jpeg.011ade064a4054699d012b990eb43776.jpeg

FF47A14B-23D8-4E45-A81E-11B9A94CD565.thumb.jpeg.71eb3eb1495ceea58e3fcc60c507188d.jpeg

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Cjc said:

Get your facts right I have led headlights.La looks like a red storm trooper instead of a white one.

Yeah, some crummy ass stop-gap ones GM rushed into the platform after they nearly got their pants sued off for the lousy headlights in 2014...wait, I thought the K2 was perfection...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Yeah, some crummy ass stop-gap ones GM rushed into the platform after they nearly got their pants sued off for the lousy headlights in 2014...wait, I thought the K2 was perfection...

Ya almost,I heard that your having hard time stopping the T1.Joke

16 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

I’m only in my 30s, so everything I work on is older than me and I missed the heydays completely...but I hear ya. I got this M22 on the bench ready to go into my 66 Olds.

The truck and this forum is just one big distraction. Too many projects, not enough time!

15FD1D3D-4CFE-4DF2-B86D-398E9C55714D.thumb.jpeg.011ade064a4054699d012b990eb43776.jpeg

FF47A14B-23D8-4E45-A81E-11B9A94CD565.thumb.jpeg.71eb3eb1495ceea58e3fcc60c507188d.jpeg

Cutlass 442 - way to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cjc said:

Ya almost,I heard that your having hard time stopping the T1.Joke

Actually, joke is on the K1s.....just before I got rid of my '16 GM extended the warranty on the mechanical vacuum booster pump to 6 years. GM extends a warranty for a reason....reason being the pumps wear out prematurely and when it craps out better pray the power brake pedal doesn't flex too much after bye bye vacuum boost.

7 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

Actually, joke is on the K1s.....just before I got rid of my '16 GM extended the warranty on the mechanical vacuum booster pump to 6 years. GM extends a warranty for a reason....reason being the pumps wear out prematurely and when it craps out better pray the power brake pedal doesn't flex too much after bye bye vacuum boost.

Don't worry I'm a Canadian we have a recall so they have to make sure it's fixed.

On 8/14/2019 at 1:43 PM, Snuff said:

I don’t understand why the obsession over more interior changes. I went from a 2011 to 2019 and could not be happier. If I had any more technology I would either not use it or have a stroke trying to learn it.

Thats because your ‘11 interior was worse than garbage. I have a ‘18 Sierra SLT. In my opinion it’s interior is adequate for the time frame. The new generation is slightly better in many areas and worse in others. It won’t age well. The Ram’s interior dominates it and when Ford comes out with their refresh next GM’s interiors will be in the spotlight even more. 

PS I want a TB or AT4. 

Not sure why though as I’ve had constant suspension issues with my ‘18. Even had my sending unit replaced at around 5k miles. Now my truck has 10k miles and GM is telling me their is no fix for my loud clunky rear end. They say it’s a know issue and it’s the leaf springs. Not sure how they managed to mess up a design that’s been around for forever. 

Edited by spizike9

6 hours ago, spizike9 said:

Thats because your ‘11 interior was worse than garbage. I have a ‘18 Sierra SLT. In my opinion it’s interior is adequate for the time frame. The new generation is slightly better in many areas and worse in others. It won’t age well. The Ram’s interior dominates it and when Ford comes out with their refresh next GM’s interiors will be in the spotlight even more. 

Adequate for the timeframe?..............Actually, all the interiors stink using my uncles '69 Bonneville as the gold standard for the day. Driver's side of the dash was a wraparound module with all gauges and controls in short reach of the driver. All the passenger had was access to the ashtray. Ads of the day promoted it as a cockpit.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/coconv/3857068694

1 hour ago, Thomcat said:

Adequate for the timeframe?..............Actually, all the interiors stink using my uncles '69 Bonneville as the gold standard for the day. Driver's side of the dash was a wraparound module with all gauges and controls in short reach of the driver. All the passenger had was access to the ashtray. Ads of the day promoted it as a cockpit.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/coconv/3857068694

Yes adequate. Compare it to the Fords and Rams of similar time period and all three seem to be about the same quality. 

• Like 1

The GMT900 interior looked pretty good to me when it came out in 2007. I remember thinking it was really nice for a truck, and certainly ahead of Ford and Ram. By 2013, not so much. The loaded up models (like a Denali) still look okay today, but there is so much hard plastic construction that would never fly anymore. And dashboards that self destruct with big holes breaking through the top of them from the sun. And climate control labels that wear off instantly and look like hell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

The GMT900 interior looked pretty good to me when it came out in 2007. I remember thinking it was really nice for a truck, and certainly ahead of Ford and Ram. By 2013, not so much. The loaded up models (like a Denali) still look okay today, but there is so much hard plastic construction that would never fly anymore. And dashboards that self destruct with big holes breaking through the top of them from the sun. And climate control labels that wear off instantly and look like hell.

I guess it’s hard for me to say. My dad traded his  Sierra SLT ‘11 in on a ‘18 Sierra SLT the same day I bought my ‘18. He offered to sell it to me and realistically should have probably bought it. It only had 36k miles on it and I think they gave him 24k trade for it. But I hated the interior with the tiny back up camera in the rear view mirror, the display letters/number made up of the large dots  and the crappy yellow halogen headlights. But I guess for that timeframe it was probably an ok of an interior. 

Edited by spizike9

10 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

When I bought my 07 LTZ new , I thought the interior was pretty nice too. Woodgrain was maybe a bit much though. A good step up from my 03 LT. Then going to a 2011 LT that was taking a big step back  .

I miss that old blackie.

i77207.jpg

i77209.jpg

I actually like my 2019 interior.  The only thing I wish they would have done better is the tilt wheel.  I wish it was more like the Tahoe tilt wheel that telescopes and is automatic.

I think some of you are missing the point.  In this day and age of consumerism, buyers who are spending upwards of 80k on trucks want their interior to be just and nice or even nicer than a luxury SUVs.

Gone are the days were people just bought a trucks and actually used it to haul and tow, or as a construction vehicle.  Yes, they are still used for those types of work, but now as the older generation gets older and the new buyers come in, they want all the bells and whistles as luxury vehicles, especially when spending that much money.

Now, I don't think the current interior is bad, it's actually high quality, but when you're going up against the new RAM and even Ford you have to up the game or people who don't have any loyalty to a brand will just go to the next nicer thing.

• Like 1