2021 Silverado/Sierra interior update coming

8 hours ago, Skai R said:

Now, I don't think the current interior is bad, it's actually high quality, but when you're going up against the new RAM and even Ford you have to up the game or people who don't have any loyalty to a brand will just go to the next nicer thing.

Exactly this. I don't think the GM trucks interiors are deal breakers, they're really about on par with Ford, but the Ram's interior is a deal maker. People aren't avoiding GM trucks because the interior is so terrible, they're going to Ram because those interiors are so great.

One thing I think GM does need to do though is get away from the paint it black approach to interior colors. Not all of us (especially those in warm climates) want to sit in a coal bin black interior. It'd be nice to see more tan, grey, and just contrasting interiors even with some black in them. They dark atmosphere is pretty, but nearly impossible to actually find on dealer lots. 

• Like 2

Oh man, I LOVE my black interior lol

Gotta keep black GM!! 

Throw in other colors sure, but keep black please. 

As for the Ram, do yall reckon that all those gadgets and that big iPad of a screen holds up all that well?

Dodge has a bad name for reliability  in my neck of the woods. Most people I know treat Dodge like a power line- they stay the hell away from em lol

Although some cant resist that diesel engine they have. Heck, I've often wandered if Dodge would've lasted without that deisel.

I'd rather have something that's nice and works as to all show and no go.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MacLaren said:

Oh man, I LOVE my black interior lol

Gotta keep black GM!! 

Throw in other colors sure, but keep black please. 

As for the Ram, do yall reckon that all those gadgets and that big iPad of a screen holds up all that well?

Dodge has a bad name for reliability  in my neck of the woods. Most people I know treat Dodge like a power line- they stay the hell away from em lol

Although some cant resist that diesel engine they have. Heck, I've often wandered if Dodge would've lasted without that deisel.

I'd rather have something that's nice and works as to all show and no go.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.I have three buddies that have Ram trucks no problem with the big screen and also their ac works no problem.Boy you look inside their trucks and you go holly sh-t.You look inside the GM and say what a joke.I love all the cheap plastic.

2 hours ago, Cjc said:

Boy you look inside their trucks and you go holly sh-t.You look inside the GM and say what a joke.I love all the cheap plastic.

You see, this is a GM forum... we don't really look INSIDE Ram trucks. Mainly because on the outside, it says RAM. 

But really... Ram has a very sexy interior. Good for them. My Silverado has a sexy exterior. And drivetrain. And track record of dependability. And MPG. 

I think you get the point. 

• Haha 1

we can hope for a sunglass holder and adjustable seatbelt maybe? they weill tout these as enhancements because they f'n eliminated them in 19. 

"We are excited to announce the reintroduction of basic 1970's features like center console storage and sunglass holders. We are sure that ford and dodge fans will love the new chevy"

3 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

You should put your money where your mouth is and buy the Ram then...?‍♂️

I've already told you I'm a loyal GM customer.You may ask why,my truck was in the dealership for 1 1/2 months because the lane departure camera was not working right.My dealership called GM and asked them to send a engineer.Because their technician couldn't figure it out.He came and fixed it one day.I don't think Dodge or Ford would do that.And I love my dealership.The difference between me and you guys is I'm not brain washed by GM.GM saids to you guys you can have black ,black or more black interior,also you can have cheap plastic everywhere.And also a cheap gear shift handle,and a small informant radio and no adjustable pedals.And you guys say okay.That's why  I'm waiting for the update .Hit them in the  pocket book.Remember just because you think your interior is great and I think it's ugly.It's all about sales.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cjc said:

I've already told you I'm a loyal GM customer.You may ask why,my truck was in the dealership for 1 1/2 months because the lane departure camera was not working right.My dealership called GM and asked them to send a engineer.Because their technician couldn't figure it out.He came and fixed it one day.I don't think Dodge or Ford would do that.And I love my dealership.The difference between me and you guys is I'm not brain washed by GM.GM saids to you guys you can have black ,black or more black interior,also you can have cheap plastic everywhere.And also a cheap gear shift handle,and a small informant radio and no adjustable pedals.And you guys say okay.That's why  I'm waiting for the update .Hit them in the  pocket book.Remember just because you think your interior is great and I think it's ugly.It's all about sales.

what he said 

2 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

So the GM loyalist...making excuses for why it is okay that his allegedly superior truck was in the shop for 6 weeks...is calling me brainwashed???

All because someone on the line didn't make the connection between two connector at the firewall.Other than that the truck has been great.Listen I'm retired and I don't drive the truck that much,so I can afford to wait for a model I like.

39 minutes ago, Cjc said:

All because someone on the line didn't make the connection between two connector at the firewall.Other than that the truck has been great.Listen I'm retired and I don't drive the truck that much,so I can afford to wait for a model I like.

Well, then why in the heck do you wanna stay in the 2019 forum so much then???

Why not stay in your year model forum?

Or a Dodge forum or a Ford forum?

Anywhere but here would be great. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cjc said:

Nothing wrong with that. I only take issue with you coming in here wagging your finger at everyone who did buy one, and calling us brainwashed when you’re as tied to the brand as anyone.

• Like 2