Morimoto Fog Light install 2015-2020 Yukon Tahoe

Has anyone come across a decent LED fog solution for amber light?  Be that using the replacement housings about and using a film?  Or replacement bulbs that are yellow/amber?  I can't find much other than some people using cheap EBay yellow LED bulbs in the stock housing...  but i'm worried the beam pattern will suck.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

My set of morimoto fogs came with yellow LaminX film. Precut but I never installed them.  I would do this if going for a yellow light. Your beam pattern is going to suck no matter what if your just replacing with yellow leds or any led bulbs in the stock housing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Worth the price and the upgrade. If you just replace the stock bulbs with LED's bulbs in the stock fog housing, it scatters the LED Bulb light. You can tell by looking at my photo above the differences. the Morimoto Fog has a projector that focuses the light onto the road where it should be

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/17/2020 at 7:15 AM, Brian P said:

Call me crazy but I am completely let down by the light output of these. I honestly expected a lot more light than what these produce.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You're not crazy as they also fell short of my expectations. Though it's a great upgrade and would do it again, I was hoping the unit would project the light out with cutoff on top only (such as projector normally do) yet shine a sliver as ppthere's a bottom cutoff which would be useful to illuminate the road lower/closer to the front of Yukon.   Regardless, total output and lighting is more than stock and worthwhile to do.

Here are pics, first of just Morimoto LED fogs and 2nd with stock lows on garage then fogs only on road.

20210223_213036.jpg

20210223_212949.jpg

20210223_213234.jpg

Edited by NVGMman