In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
EXSlider400

Morimoto Fog Light install 2015-2020 Yukon Tahoe

I don’t like putting LED bulbs in the OEM housing if they are used on the road since they scatter the bright light and blind oncoming traffic. This install was not hard but more difficult than the 2014-2018 (and 2019 HD) Sierra. 

1) unbolt 2 wheel liner bolts (10mm) and remove push tab to make room to work

2) use small ratchet and swivel to unbolt 4 screws (8mm) of the fog light housing and remove wire harness push tabs and remove bulb from fog light 

3) use 10mm socket to “cap” the OEM expanding nuts and swap over the adjuster and only the ends of the 2 other retaining nuts

4) trim off all 3 tabs of the Morimoto pigtail with razor knife or box cutter (wear cut gloves and cut away from your hand and body) as you will install the plug upside down or the lights will not turn on

5) put it all back in and adjust light 

associated pictures will be loaded below. 

0DDE2C2F-1B51-4B55-AE09-8BDAE3F6F434.jpeg

9A99958B-D2A4-48B4-B986-E9B38091252F.jpeg

When putting the new lights in the housings, I put the bolt treads the same number/length so the beam pattern was the same. Checked on the wall and they are even. 

Edited by EXSlider400

I just purchased these Morimoto XB Square Fogs today for my 17' Yukon Denali. I had XB Fogs in my 15' Sierra and they were great. Right now I have 9005 LEDS that replaced the stock bulbs in my fogs (800 Lumens) and look forward to the 2400 Lumens in these new Fogs. I had the Morimoto D3S Bulbs in my low beams but had to swap them out twice because of flickering, I ended up going to OSRAM 6000K Cool Blue Advance bulbs which match the DRL's perfectly.

Edited by bsprtsgrp

The Lows are already HID in the truck so for the Highs I put the Beamtech led bulbs. No external items and fit perfectly and puts out great.  The fogs have been great so far and no one is flicking their lights at me. Don’t drive with fog lights on if with oncoming traffic if you put LED bulbs in a halogen housing, blinds others.  Now if you only use fog lights on while no one is in front of you then the brighter the better. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XHD4HV3?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

A9B498DC-C7AF-4A84-B7C4-75B52D2F5D5A.png

Edited by EXSlider400

Driver side Morimoto XB Fog installed. The passenger side still has the stock housing and an LED Bulb.

Morimoto FOGS Installed.jpg

Thanks for the write up. Installed these on  2019 Suburban 

A2CF5F3D-C712-48B2-AE46-895481CEBAA5.jpeg

• Like 1

How is the light output tho? Are they really worth the money?

Well worth the upgrade. It’s a couple hundred bucks so it’s not going to break the bank. Also color match seems spot on with the stock led strip. 

Edited by Danyi2170

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By stephane lamoureux
      I saw a few topics on swapping the Silverado 2020 LT 2500HD but they seem older posts from 2019.  We just bought our 2020 and love it but I want to change the lights to LED everywhere.  I went on Amazon to see but there are so many choices that I don't know where to start.  Who else has done this ? help please :)

• By Daryl Casey
      2020 Sierra 1500
      I saw this mentioned in a thread on here, but after looking through dozens of threads I can't find it again!

After struggling to see while in Reverse, I think I'd like to install flush mounted LED pods into the rear bumper footwells in order to provide more light while backing up. Would someone who's done mod this be willing to provide a walkthrough on how to install the lights? (how you installed the light pods, where to splice, what you used to splice, etc)? If you could provide links to what light pods you use or recommend that would be much appreciated!
      I've got a Putco Blade Quick Connect Harness inbound, which I'll install and use for any splicing.

Thanks for your time and help!
      Daryl 

• By Reesep
      Hey all, I just did a swap from factory bulbs to some Xenon Pro 6000k LED bulbs in both the headlight and fog light locations.
      Issue is that the fogs work great. But the headlights work for a minute then turn off and don’t return on. I have bought the canbus modules to add to the line but when attached they don’t work at all. Seems to be an issue from when the computer switches the voltage to the headlights for the DRLs.
      If anybody has had any experience or ways to fix this issue I would greatly appreciate it. I’m about to pull my hair out 

Thanks
    • By Ian Mills
      I did an LED exterior light swap (every single bulb), I put an LED flasher in, and I have two related issues.

1) When I turn on the hazards, all the turn signals and the brake lights flash. The brake lights shouldn't be doing that.

2) When the low beams are on, the turn signals show up as being constantly on on the dash and the signals and flashers don't work. (Flashing the high beams does not cause this issue, just the low beams)

Neither of these issues were around before I did the lights. I did the backs first and neither of the issues were present at that point either. I'm guessing I need a resistor somewhere but what do y'all think?
    • By youn1033
      (Updated to reflect I have purchased BRAND NEW OEM LED Harnesses to accompany these lights)
      For sale are my Chevrolet LED Tail Lights. I originally purchased these to replace my existing tail lights but had a change of heart and painted my existing housings instead. In great shape and will be cleaned and polished for new owner. Asking $440 ($470 shipped)

If you have any questions or want additional pictures, shoot me a message,