New "Top Notch" interiors?

Let's see if top notched interiors translates to top notch materials. Minor changes to the '19s interior only serve to prove that the previous design was ergonomically functional.

Time to rearranged controls and the same plastic, fake leather, metal and other crap so it looks more appealing. Maybe they'll learn from Chrysler and use real leather (thin as tissue paper skins) instead of bonded leather or vinyl, impressive real wood embedded in clear epoxy accents and steering wheel inserts like my 00 gen Pacifica and 300M and have controls placed where they look great and work like $hit......looked great on day one and like crap two years later.

Edited by Thomcat
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, MacLaren said:

I get it. An LTZ or especially a High Country at $70k+ should have top notch material 

But, I got an LT Z71 for $38,750 and, to me it's just jim dandy good enough. 

Really, very darn nice for under $40k

But, flip the coin and on a $70 truck, you have a great argument. 

I got an '19 LTZ Z71 for 37, now I don't feel as bad. But all you points are valid.

2 hours ago, ChinkySuperman said:

I got an '19 LTZ Z71 for 37, now I don't feel as bad. But all you points are valid.

Is it 4x4? Does it have the 5.3?

I'm really wandering how you got an LTZ Z71  cheaper than I got an LT Z71 for 

13 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

Is it 4x4? Does it have the 5.3?

I'm really wandering how you got an LTZ Z71  cheaper than I got an LT Z71 for 

4x4 with 5.3, the only thing I'm missing is package with lane assist feature, whatever that is called.  I really wanted that.  But all in all I still scored pretty good on the truck.  I caught a dealership 45 mins a way doing a special on two trucks, mine and a red one, I picked white.

28 minutes ago, ChinkySuperman said:

4x4 with 5.3, the only thing I'm missing is package with lane assist feature, whatever that is called.  I really wanted that.  But all in all I still scored pretty good on the truck.  I caught a dealership 45 mins a way doing a special on two trucks, mine and a red one, I picked white.

If it's a crew cab, they must have knocked like $20,000 off the sticker right?

My LT Z71 Crew 4x4 had a sticker of 49750 and I got if for 38750, yet you get an LTZ for cheaper?

You are the man! What dealership is that?

Heck, I'm gonna tell my little bro. Hes in the market

15 hours ago, MacLaren said:

If it's a crew cab, they must have knocked like $20,000 off the sticker right?

My LT Z71 Crew 4x4 had a sticker of 49750 and I got if for 38750, yet you get an LTZ for cheaper?

You are the man! What dealership is that?

Heck, I'm gonna tell my little bro. Hes in the market

Sorry to get you all excited but mine is an extended cab, which is was I've always wanted.  My price was actually 36800, sticker price was 53800, so it's still a pretty decent deal.

Edited by ChinkySuperman
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ChinkySuperman said:

Sorry to get you all excited but mine is an extended cab, which is was I've always wanted.  My price was actually 36800, sticker price was 53800, so it's still a pretty decent deal.

Still.....that's a great deal. Congratz man.

On 8/27/2019 at 5:37 PM, Mikedfw said:

Just found out they did retune the suspensions for the 2020 models, doesn't improve the interior, but the ride is supposed to be significantly improved. 

The interior changes aren't until 2021 my and no one knows what they will be, although I suspect, like others have said it will be very similar to the new tahoe/yukon interiors, which no one has seen yet. 

First I've heard.  I'll be interested to hear what, but I won't be buying anytime soon as I have an 18

My biggest complaint was the x31 I drove had a terrible ride (I have a 18 Z71) and the interior on the 19 was much lower quality.  I don't care for all the bells and whistles but the hard seats, blank buttons and cheap materials were a turn off. 

Glad to hear they're fixing things quickly. I may look at a mid-line 2021 or 2022. 

• Like 1

I don't have an issue with my rst interior minus some of the features and locations. What some in this thread are missing is the competition. Sure it's a truck and interior is usually on the lower end of what we're most concerned about, but other manufacturers have stepped their game up more. Trucks aren't just for truck stuff anymore and these things matter to many, even if it doesn't matter to you.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 5:22 PM, OnTheReel said:

I suspect it will be the interior that they have been designing for the new SUVs and maybe it was the plan all along.

My guess is the LTZ/SLT/AT4/High Country/Denali, will get the new SUV interior, while the LT/RST/SLE/Elevation/Trail Boss will keep the current interior. Similar to the way they had two interiors in the GMT900 days. 

2 hours ago, Yondu said:

First I've heard.  I'll be interested to hear what, but I won't be buying anytime soon as I have an 18

My biggest complaint was the x31 I drove had a terrible ride (I have a 18 Z71) and the interior on the 19 was much lower quality.  I don't care for all the bells and whistles but the hard seats, blank buttons and cheap materials were a turn off. 

Glad to hear they're fixing things quickly. I may look at a mid-line 2021 or 2022. 

What??

I've saw the interior of the 2018, and if you ask me the 2019 is nicer. 

If any of the 2 are lower quality, then it's the 18 hands down. 

53 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

What??

I've saw the interior of the 2018, and if you ask me the 2019 is nicer. 

If any of the 2 are lower quality, then it's the 18 hands down. 

I waited a long time for the 2019s and really like the way they look.  I took one for a test drive and recently had one for a loaner for 4 or so days. I sat in one and thought, it's not as bad as the reviewers are saying.  Then I sat in a 2018 and was like...oh, yeah this is so much nicer (Both LT Z71s). 

I'd say you're definitely in the minority, reviewers have said the same thing.  GM was proud of not having any blank buttons in the k2xx. The similar 19 I drove had blanks everywhere, hard uncomfortable seats, lower quality materials and couldn't even be had with a power passenger seat. Gauge cluster was drab and plain too, no wheel well liners, lots of cost cutting. 

The do drive a little nicer and the 5.3 has more pep. I'd imagine I'd need a tune in mine for it then go like the 19.  The suspension was worse on the 19 too, it was the steering that was a big improvement on the 19. 

Edited by Yondu
  • Like 2

Good, GM trucks have the best powertrains/mechanical, they should have the best interiors as well. Lord knows the profit margins are high enough to justify it. Hopefully now they've stopped making the crappy rental cars, they can put some of that money into what they do well.

44 minutes ago, Yondu said:

I waited a long time for the 2019s and really like the way they look.  I took one for a test drive and recently had one for a loaner for 4 or so days. I sat in one and thought, it's not as bad as the reviewers are saying.  Then I sat in a 2018 and was like...oh, yeah this is so much nicer (Both LT Z71s). 

I'd say you're definitely in the minority, reviewers have said the same thing.  GM was proud of not having any blank buttons in the k2xx. The similar 19 I drove had blanks everywhere, hard uncomfortable seats, lower quality materials and couldn't even be had with a power passenger seat. Gauge cluster was drab and plain too, no wheel well liners, lots of cost cutting. 

The do drive a little nicer and the 5.3 has more pep. I'd imagine I'd need a tune in mine for it then go like the 19.  The suspension was worse on the 19 too, it was the steering that was a big improvement on the 19. 

We'll just have to agree to diagree.

But, one thing I know for sure, are the seats are wonderful. On a 6 hour drive I felt very fresh. 

As for the gauge cluster, I love the 19.

The 18 looks gimmicky and tacky to boot. 

As for the ride, far better than any 18 I've drove and most reviewers that I've saw say that right off the bat. Of course, mine is an LT. 

45 minutes ago, Yondu said:

Yeah, the blank switches were a buzz kill so I paid up to avoid them. Otherwise I think there are some definite improvements in the T1 interiors that you are overlooking. Rather than one big slab of black rubber, the dash is now broken up by a separate piece around the radio and the tray above. It’s more detailed looking to me. Door panels are also better finished with more stitching and stuff to break up the black rubber. Also, the K2 LT trucks did not even have stitching around the dash vents and center stack, just black rubber, and now they do at least.

Life changing improvements, no. But you may wind up disappointed either way as I am willing to bet the volume trims are going to carry this interior, more or less how you see it, no matter what.

Articles are making it seem like GM did an about-face on this interior and can’t get rid of it fast enough. I just don’t believe that to be true. They knew from the start how it would be received in the expensive trims. They had to. So the only logical thing is that they had bigger plans for the higher trims that wouldn’t have been ready in time. This does NOT mean all of the trucks are getting a total gut job because car and driver didn’t like it.

• Like 1